Boarders you want to meet. (I just met my first boarder)

Howdyphillip

I am dying about the fragrant thing...but I just remembered that my friend and I visited a perfume boutique before a BwB meetup, and now that I think about it, I am pretty sure it was the one where we met you. That, or I am just one stinky motherfucker. :lol:

Yep that was the time. Whenever I mention people from the boards or going to the Con he always mentions you. What can I say you made quiet an impression.

I feel like I've met a bunch of boarders, but there's still a significant number of you out there who I cant believe I haven't met yet. I'd like to drink champagne and watch tv with Tears of Lys. She can also join in on my fantasy girls night out with Balefont, Nichole, Mya, Eefa, and me. I want to get the old chat crew together and make sure Jacen, Paxter, Anatole, nasrudin, and Limer are in attendance. I'd love to watch some Legend of the Seeker and drink whiskey with Simon. I'd babysit the twins for an hour if mash and dalThor would let me. I'd love to sit in a beer garden on a sunny afternoon and chill with Kair, Chef, and Fez. There's a noob in the intro thread named plaguewalker who lives in Antarctica who seems pretty cool - I would love to visit her there.

I will likely think of more of you later, but that's a pretty good start. I was bummed out that I couldn't meet up with Zabs when she was in SF last Friday, that would have been a nice evening.

Ooh, also, there's a few of you I would like to re-meet, as I feel I may not have been my most amazing self the first go-round.

I havent met any boarders in a while. Last one I met was Bellis when I was on my way oop North, that was about 1 1/2 years ago. Speaking of, you fools should make her feel at home in her new place. You know, where she is now.

I think I would be amused to meet anybody from the board, but I'm not sure if that kind of idle conversation would be worth crossing state lines.

I wouldn't mind getting coffee with anybody who lives within 20 miles of me, but that would only really occur if I moved to a much larger population center than the Rogue Valley.

I've had the opportunity to meet many of the folks in the Denver area. We have a pretty active BWB. Saying that, i'd like to meet up with FLOW or maybe Trisk. Possibly Grack and Lord of the Night, just to mock them about the books they read in person.

I don't know if I want to meet you guys. I met a boarder on the Other Board I frequently post at, and he was a little too obsessed with Star Trek. It's weird running into a bigger geek than you.

In my personal experience I can't recall ever discussing asoiaf for more than maybe 5 minutes or so at a board function. I'm sure there have been times where people have met and talked of nothing else, but that hasn't been my experience at all. I've done everything from a bar hop, to an xbox tournament, to a quiet dinner / few drinks, to metal shows, to getting stoned with people from the board. Its like, yea, we all now we like asoiaf, but this is really about getting to know people. If I wanted an all asoiaf evening I'd stay in.

In my personal experience I can't recall ever discussing asoiaf for more than maybe 5 minutes or so at a board function. I'm sure there have been times where people have met and talked of nothing else, but that hasn't been my experience at all. I've done everything from a bar hop, to an xbox tournament, to a quiet dinner / few drinks, to metal shows, to getting stoned with people from the board. Its like, yea, we all now we like asoiaf, but this is really about getting to know people. If I wanted an all asoiaf evening I'd stay in.

Agreed. I don't think that I've ever discussed ASOIAF at a board function. Even when I chatted with George in Montreal, we spoke about the renovations that he was doing to his house.

Agreed. I don't think that I've ever discussed ASOIAF at a board function. Even when I chatted with George in Montreal, we spoke about the renovations that he was doing to his house.

Yeah, I've sort of explained the board to my parents in the past, but they can't seem to grasp that while it's technically an ASOIAF-based message board, that has very little to do with why I spend time there.

Thanks Cyr! Yup, I'm inside the DC beltway now (barely). Still kind of crazy with new job and home and figuring out the commute. But if you've met me or interacted with me shoot me a line. Also, if you live in DT Silver Spring/Takoma because I'm also looking for friends local to my new hood.

Concur with the other 3 schmoes before me. Most of the time spent at Cons with these fuckwads is spent getting drunk or high, and looking for more drink or whatever. Ask Scott Bakker how we roll. Most these people at the Cons can't hang with us.

Archived