Britishisms invading American English

Ormond

Search the internet for anything about this and you will quickly find that the world has come to a consensus on this.

The proper way to respond to this would have been to point out that our national sport contains players like

Do I get points for using "batty" in this post?

No. Because the influence of the Jamaican Patois means that if you say that to someone nowadays, they're far more likely to think you're calling them gay than two sandwiches short of a picknick.

The proper way to respond to this would have been to point out that our national sport contains players like

Bringing that up would just be bullying. I'm not a complete asshole.

Bones, fetch yourself a cup of tea and a biscuit; you've done the Empire proud.

I'm on it. Thank god my two British roommates just got home so I can ask them what a biscuit is.

Both counties borrow slang from each other . Do you have the same issue with Britain's using the Americanisms like the word dude?

The UK is so saturated with American culture that you can hardly blame them. What do Americans know about British culture other than Harry Potter and Downton Abbey? Anyway, British people acting like douchebags thousands of miles away does not affect me.

The UK is so saturated with American culture that you can hardly blame them. What do Americans know about British culture other than Harry Potter and Downton Abbey? Anyway, British people acting like douchebags thousands of miles away does not affect me.

What do Americans know about British Culture ? Probably a great deal more then you think.

Dr. Who

Torchwood

Fawlty Towers

The Black Adder

Monty Python

Mr. Bean

The Office (the British one obviously)

Oh, Jon Oliver on The Daily Show/Community and Anthony Stewart Head on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :P

Also, least we forget, in England, everything means vagina:

Archived