MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

Yeah, it's becoming a trend...he's been awfully hittable lately.

Especially with how unhittable he has been the past couple years.

Funny that for him being pretty hittable is giving up 3 ER in 12 2/3 innings.

Yay! Diamond continues to "dazzle," as today he pitched a "gem" against the Red Sox. Harvey (rightfully) getting more press, but Diamond retired the last 15 batters he faced, from the team that started the day with the best record in MLB.

Especially with how unhittable he has been the past couple years.

Funny that for him being pretty hittable is giving up 3 ER in 12 2/3 innings.

He is getting crucified on the teams message board. It is always entertaining going there after a loss and reading what they have to say

Well if it's any consolation...Rodney has been pretty ordinary for Tampa so far. And TB in general has been frustrating the last couple of days with decent leads being given up against Toronto.

ESPN has "Marquis outduels Nolasco as Padres top Marlins" as their recap headline today. Two issues:

1) I remember Marquis "dueling" for the Twins last season...he was so atrocious in the AL that he couldn't be part of the worst starting rotation in baseball. NL, suddenly he's a solid mid-rotation guy.

2) It was the Padres and Marlins. At best, this "duel" was with water pistols or rubber daggers. Let's not pretend they're allowed to use big-boy toys.

Tiny strike zone + Fenway cracker box of a field = 11 to 5 score in bottom of 2nd

Good thing its the Twins with 11.

Sorry for the double, but yay Twins, with the explosive offensive powerhouse of Pedro Florimon!

I'm sorry. It's the bottom of the 2nd. What in the suffering fuck. Is that Houston in those BoSox unis?

I do believe each squad is hitting off of a tee. This is a feel-good game, where everybody wins. :)

Who was that starting for the Red Sox? That is one crazy line and the Twins starter isn't far behind either!

Webster. The ump had a horrifically tight zone as well that certainly contributed to Gomes granny in the first. The Monster (mainly it being 310 feet away) then really contributed to the Twins 7 run 2nd.

EDIT: Harvey has looked great. I don't feel so bad about him dominating the Twins earlier.

To LL: Once you are washed up in the AL just go over to the NL for 5 more seasons of serviceable work. Moyer was 49 when he was still pitching in the NL.

Webster. The ump had a horrifically tight zone as well that certainly contributed to Gomes granny in the first. The Monster (mainly it being 310 feet away) then really contributed to the Twins 7 run 2nd.

EDIT: Harvey has looked great. I don't feel so bad about him dominating the Twins earlier.

To LL: Once you are washed up in the AL just go over to the NL for 5 more seasons of serviceable work. Moyer was 49 when he was still pitching in the NL.

I was impressed with Hector Santiago though he matched Harvey pitch for pitch for 7 innings.

Have not seen him pitch, but damn, he plays for the White Sox.

His numbers are off the charts 1-1 record 1.69 ERA 25 stirkeouts to 7 walks 0.98 WHIP. I doubt he can keep it up but still it impressive.

Archived