MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

Yeah the Dodgers and Blue Jays are surprising, but even if the Angels weren't going to be amazing, I still didn't think they'd be playing .350 ball a month into the season, especially given that they have last year's (arguably) best player in baseball in Trout - but who is also struggling. They are in town this weekend so I might try to go to the game, although the weather forecast looks shitty. But my boyfriend being a die-hard Cardinals fan wants to take in some pleasure (and pain) at seeing Pujols struggle.

But yeah - I picked the Dodgers to contend and the Blue Jays to take the division. Guess not (yet).

I am surprised that the Twins are above .500 at this point, as I predicted they'd occupy the cellar. But no, that honor goes to my team lol.

I don't take too much of either at this point. I feel like it worked out for the franchise about as well as it could have. His ten years were incredible, and he left at just about the perfect moment. Especially if he's a few years older than he says (IDK). I was, of course, bummed to see him go and to just go for the biggest deal. But in hindsight, there was just no earthly chance he was going to be worth even a shorter deal that was near $20 million a season, and certainly not a longer deal.

Yeah for him I think it's pretty much a sadness for what was, a bit of pleasure that they didn't sign him to another contract, and a partial hope that he can regain some of his ability because it's the player that he worshiped for ten years and is grateful for that time, but also relief that it's not the Cardinals that he's experiencing this type of slump with. So a mixture of longing, appreciation, and schadenfreude lol.

I was just looking at the White Sox's offensive stats - 29th overall in runs and batting average, 28th in slugging and 30th in on-base percentage. FUCK! Yet the fact that they are *only* four games under .500 is a blessing because of their pitching, which is in the top 8 teams in all categories. Hopefully their bats will pick up because I don't want to be the AL Central punching bag for the season.

....Aaaand Twins take two of three from the Red Sox, completing a tough 10 game road trip in Detroit, Cleveland, and Boston. Overall, i cannot complain about a 5-5 record in that stretch, against that competition.

Also, can't complain about my team being a game over .500 in mid-May :D

Very happy day for MN folk!

Correction: The Twins took 3 of 4 from Boston. If their hitting keeps coming around and their pitching stays solid...

Haha. It's our birthday present, precious.

Jon Lester also one-hit the Jays today. Toronto's crap season continues.

I couldn't be happier about Miller though. He's been a name as a prospect for some time, and I'm crossing my fingers that he's as good as its looking like he might be. Is this guy Harvey for NYM a rookie? I think Shelby Miller pitched few enough innings last year to still be a rookie this year. Could be a nice ROY battle.

Happy birthday, brother ape. :P Harvey pitched 59 innings last year, which puts him over rookie status (max 50 ip). Miller has to be a strong candidate at this point.

Is this guy Harvey for NYM a rookie? I think Shelby Miller pitched few enough innings last year to still be a rookie this year. Could be a nice ROY battle.

Dear Leader will be NL ROY this year. He will eat all competition!

ETA: Is it your birthday Trisk? If so I will write you a creepy poem.

I don't know why they even need to check the replay on this ball, anyone who's ever been to Dodger Stadium knows that there's nothing behind or above the wall for a ball to bounce off of. There's a 10 foot gap between the wall and the bleachers; anything that goes over the wall drops 15-20 feet down to the concession area under the bleachers.

ETA: Myshkin - I saw your poem. It was glorious.

Thank you, but in truth that was not my poem, I stole it. I am in the process of composing an original work, which will be just as glorious and way more creepy.

Also, holy shit, the Dodgers won a game!

I really wish that Kevin Slowey's name was not Kevin, but Kenneth. Then tonight's match-up would have been Ken vs Ryu and 11-year-old-me's mash-up of baseball and Street Fighter II would have been complete.

I really wish that Kevin Slowey's name was not Kevin, but Kenneth. Then tonight's match-up would have been Ken vs Ryu and 11-year-old-me's mash-up of baseball and Street Fighter II would have been complete.

Ryu guy all they way. Ken was a pussy.

Shut your filthy mouth!

It's "Just you shut your mouth"

You're slipping Goblin King.

Just saying...18 of the Marlin's games have been at least their second loss in a row.

The most thrilling subplot to this season is Houston and Florida in a heated competition to become the worst team of all time.

It's like McGwire-Sosa all over again. I really want Florida and Jeffrey Lurie to take the crown...but if it's Houston's time I'm still starting a slow clap.

It's "Just you shut your mouth"

You're slipping Goblin King.

The most thrilling subplot to this season is Houston and Florida in a heated competition to become the worst team of all time.

It's like McGwire-Sosa all over again. I really want Florida and Jeffrey Lurie to take the crown...but if it's Houston's time I'm still starting a slow clap.

Listen china gurrrlll, don't you ever correct me. And I'll thank you not to bring up Mark Mcgwire ever again. Unless it's to celebrate his being fired.

Archived