MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

I know the Mets won but how did Harvey look tonight? I haven't gotten a chance to watch him yet. I know he out dueled Strasburg the other day.

He looked good. Kemp touched him up in the 6th but, like all his other starts, looked in control when I was watching it. He's a complete stud. They said he had some control issues coming up but looks to be over that.

Mets will probably ruin him like they do everyone.

Wow, did Maholm every come back down to earth tonight for the Bravos. Oh well, he's never exactly been the model of consistency.

I was debating on watching the game or the draft but Maholm made my choice pretty easy. Oh well just got to get after them tomorrow.

Cards are off to a decently hot start. Beat Bucks 9-1 tonight to move to 14-8, and that's with three or four abysmal blown saves which is pretty much par for the course for St. Louis the last few years.

My boy Lance Lynn with another nice outing. Someone must have reminded him how dominant he can be when he just rears back & slings it.

Holy shit, Anibal Sanchez had 17 Ks against the Braves tonight! :blink: Never woulda guessed Uggla had four of 'em. Nope.

I'm still anxious about Lynn. He was a revelation in the first half of the year last year, but he came back to earth pretty bad in the second half. So far, pretty good this year.

I read a story back around the start of spring training about how he'd lost about 40 lbs in the offseason. He believes that being overweight wore him down last year after the break, which makes sense.

I've got the Angels v. Mariners game on in the background, and of course the usual caveat about how early it is applies, but Pujols is hitting .253 on the year. Only about 8.8 years left on that deal, Angels!

Heh, all the teams that lost out in the Pujols lottery are surely breathing a sigh of relief that they won't be on the hook for all that salary. He'll remain productive, but I don't think he'll ever be "Albert" again and certainly won't live up to that insane contract.

I've got the Angels v. Mariners game on in the background, and of course the usual caveat about how early it is applies, but Pujols is hitting .253 on the year. Only about 8.8 years left on that deal, Angels!

As much as I love to hate Pujols let's not forget how poorly he started last season. Sure he didn't play like $250 million man, but he ended up with very solid numbers. Still the Angels are gonna regret that contract big time.

Now you know who is worth $200 plus? My best friend Clayton Kershaw! Pitched another gem today.

Two games today go at least into the 15th inning. At least four games decided by just one run. Couple games with scores in the double digits. This sport pleases me...even if my team is one of those that lost by one. DAMN YOU PRINCE! Your dad had his first stolen base, after more than 1,000 games...for the Tigers...against the Twins. And now you have to jack a three-run bomb to ruin Pelfrey's decent start? You're a jerk.

That's funny, I could have sworn you told me that Lily was your best friend.

fucking ted lilly.

likely headed to the dl himself. that puts just about one million dodger pitchers on the disabled list. kershaw is on the bereavement list. though he is supposed to make his next start on friday against those bastard giants.

myshkin, get your glove, brother. i have a feeling you and i are going to be called into the rotation. i am a veteran lefty with a curve and a nice slider. what have you got? surely, we cannot do any worse than so much of the dodger bullpen.

fucking ted lilly.

likely headed to the dl himself. that puts just about one million dodger pitchers on the disabled list. kershaw is on the bereavement list. though he is supposed to make his next start on friday against those bastard giants.

myshkin, get your glove, brother. i have a feeling you and i are going to be called into the rotation. i am a veteran lefty with a curve and a nice slider. what have you got? surely, we cannot do any worse than so much of the dodger bullpen.

I got a fastball in the mid to upper 80's, but my out pitch is my circle change. It's a thing of beauty.

Thus far, the AL East hasn't been quite the topsy-turvey murders' row that a lot of people, myself included, predicted.

I'm glad to see the Red Sox start out so strong. But, after all the hype about the Rays, Blue Jays, and Orioles, its kind of disappointing that only the Orioles are doing well and that the Red Sox and Yankees are the top two teams in the division (admittedly the Orioles are right there with them). Its pretty much the same exact same dynamic as 2008-2011, but with the Rays replaced by the Orioles.

I wanted to see all five teams above .500, with the Yankees shut out of the playoffs (and I expected the Red Sox to be as well). There's still plenty of time of course, but thus far its been a little disappointing.

Only in that sense though, its been great the start the Red Sox have had. They've got some major holes in the lineup at 3B and SS (and Saltalamachia is not really cutting it at C either), but the rest of the lineup is off to some great starts. Particularly Oritz, whose still batting .500 after 9 games. And the pitching has been solid, not great, but solid; which is all they really need with their lineup over all. Buchholz has been fantastic though after a really disappointing 2012 (Lester's doing fine as well): He's averaging 7 and half innings per game, with an ERA of 1.19, a WHIP of 1.01, and a K/9 of 9.32. And he's one of only three players to have already accumulated at least 2.0 WAR (the others being Matt Harvey and Carlos Gomez).

Tim Hudson finally gets win #200. He also hits a home run (with a little help from Bryce Harper)

Great moment for Huddy, and not too surprising as he's always been a very good hitter.

Pretty amazing that the Bravos are 5-0 against the Nats this year! Hope they can keep up the good work tonight; they needed this great start against Washington after that disaster of a series against the Tigers.

Did Jake Westbrook sell his soul to Lucifer? Affirmative

Who knew the prince of darkness could throw a heavy sinker with tailing action? I suppose anything's available for the right price. :)

Archived