MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

Buster Posey

Madison Bumgarner

Angel Pagan

Hunter Pense

It's like this team was created by the CW network to fill in for Gossip Girl

When they aren't playing baseball they're attending a hoitytoity all boys prep school

Juan "sack-of-rainbows-and-kitty-cats" Uribe doing his part! And Dee Gordon brought his stick with him! Can't believe the Dodgers are back in this one!!!!

Buster Posey

Madison Bumgarner

Angel Pagan

Hunter Pense

It's like this team was created by the CW network to fill in for Gossip Girl

When they aren't playing baseball they're attending a hoitytoity all boys prep school

This is perhaps the most beautiful analogy in human history.

this season has just been heartbreak after heartbreak. things must turn around soon.

i anticipate a win today with ryu (shoryuken!!) on the mound. he has been very impressive and seemingly worth the sacks of cash that scott boras extorted from the dodgers.

we need zack healthy. he is back in two to three weeks.

kemp needs to start hitting. gonzo and hanley need to be healthy.

anything less than a playoff run by the dodgers is a total failure of a year.

I watch, play, coach, and umpire a lot of baseball games. I am actually disgusted with how bad pretty much every major league umpire's strike zone is. Every fucken ump stands on the inside corner and will not call balls that are ON the inside corner but then calls shit 3-6 inches off the outside corner. I am not using hyperbole when I say that every ump I have seen this year has his zone shifted to the outside of the plate. Lefties seem to get particularly hosed on these calls.

The other thing that annoys me about this, is these umps don't seem to understand how a breaking ball works or what framing a pitch is. They call these back-door breaking balls that are CAUGHT a couple inches outside and appear to have crossed the plate even further outside. What is even worse, is seeing a pathetic attempt at framing the pitch by a catcher yanking it towards the middle of the plate and the ump rewards him for this. IMO if you can SEE the catcher moving the pitch in MLB it is almost never a strike.

C'mon MLB umps you are better than this. You actually make tons of amazing correct calls on the bases, but the strike zone width is driving me nuts.

Today the Dear Leader will bring us glorious victory! He will eat Matt Cain, crunch his bones between his mighty jaws, and swallow whole the hopes and dreams of all San Francisco.

E:60 just did a piece on the 23 MLB perfect games pitched. And ended it with a teenager who pitched a perfect game.

Good stuff (and I generally don't want E:60 because it's a little too Entertainment Tonight with it's pieces)

Harvey seems to be carving up the White Sox something awful. Too bad his offense can't get him a run and the W.

Done and done.

eta: ND for Harvey, sorry.

C'mon MLB umps you are better than this. .

Actually, no - they're not. This is as good as it gets - see Hochuli Hirshbeck running Harper in the first inning. There are more gregarious displays all the time, yet the ump states "I was being nice". No, unfortunately many of them need to be part of the show and things like this and the sliding, adjustable strike zone are just examples.

Actually, no - they're not. This is as good as it gets - see Hochuli Hirshbeck running Harper in the first inning. There are more gregarious displays all the time, yet the ump states "I was being nice". No, unfortunately many of them need to be part of the show and things like this and the sliding, adjustable strike zone are just examples.

I think Hirshbeck comes off looking like a real dick there. Not all umps/cops are power hungry pricks who got too many swirlies in high school.

Archived