MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

Yanks 5 in a row and in 1st place! I wonder what's gonna happen when all the regulars get healthy. Gonna be decision making time for Girardi. Grandy is close. Can't wait to watch him strike out twice a game.

23-13 at this point in the season is amazing. During Spring Training I was telling a friend who is living overseas how I was pessimisstic about the Yankees chances this year. I should've known better then to listen to the media. Texieira is almost back too. But I'm almost glad Granderson is hurt, the team had to start trying to produce runs. I think Vernon Wells, Travis Hafner and maybe Lyle Overbay are safe but Brennan Boesch, Ben Francisco and the others are shit out of luck.

Aaron Hicks may have finally had his coming out party for the Twins. Hit two bombs and made a sweet catch robbing Dunn of a game tying home run.

Good things happening these days. Mauer's gotten out of his slump, Arcia has shown some positive signs, and Morneau is batting nearly .300 (albeit not many HRs). The darkest days of yesteryears... perhaps they're not happening this year? I'll settle for lower-middling.

Also, how are we not talking about the following:

James Loney is batting .376, tops in the majors.

Vernon Wells has hit nine dingers and is batting a shade under .300

Mark Reynolds has rediscovered his power and is batting 70 points above last year

What the hell is going on? We're getting beyond the small-sample-size argument, with nearly a quarter of the season gone. Vernon, what the hell, man?

23-13 at this point in the season is amazing. During Spring Training I was telling a friend who is living overseas how I was pessimisstic about the Yankees chances this year. I should've known better then to listen to the media. Texieira is almost back too. But I'm almost glad Granderson is hurt, the team had to start trying to produce runs. I think Vernon Wells, Travis Hafner and maybe Lyle Overbay are safe but Brennan Boesch, Ben Francisco and the others are shit out of luck.

Yeah. Francisco and boesch won't see the field. I'm glad Girardi put Grandy in LF tonight. Gardner covers way more ground and should stay in CF. Felix is a stud and surprised they won tonight even know Felix got a no decision. Ibanez loves that short porch.

You guys know who's pretty good? Clayton Kershaw. Also, Greinke pitches tomorrow.

Saw on ESPN this morning that he has the lowest ERA of any starting pitcher through his first 1,000 innings since 1920. That...is pretty damned impressive. :stunned:

Yeah. Francisco and boesch won't see the field. I'm glad Girardi put Grandy in LF tonight. Gardner covers way more ground and should stay in CF. Felix is a stud and surprised they won tonight even know Felix got a no decision. Ibanez loves that short porch.

Granderson came back last night and Boesch was sent to Triple-A. And I believe Gardner is staying in Center. They earned that win last night. They took pitches, ran up King Felix's pitch count and got him out of there, the winning run came via sac fly and that's is how the game should be played. Relying on the long ball last season really killed me. When I saw the score was 1-0 nothing Mariners I pretty much wrote that off as a loss. I miss Raul.

Wow. That's a great stat.

This is part of why I've been saying there's still hope for LAD. Kershaw is a legit ace, and ZG has the potential to be a very strong #2, and Kemp has to keep hitting a little better. I don't know if there's any hope for Beckett though. It's hard to believe that guy was a lights out World Series ace two times over in the not-so-distant past.

Shelby Miller goes again today for St. Louis for the first time since his dominating performance. Wainwright called him Roger Clemens. I hope so...without the huge douche part.

Sounds like everyone is happier in Boston without him.

Greinke and Kershaw are both studs.

This is gross. Dunn strikes out a third of the time, but Twins pitching would have given up 3 bombs to him if not for an amazing catch on one.

CWS announcers have crappiest catch phrases ever. Otherwise they are pretty good. Great discussion on pitch count.

The Angels are down 8-0 to KC in the 3rd. How pissed, on top of everything else, are Angel fans that Vernon Wells is playing really well for NYY? lol

Guess money can't buy you everything (like wins).

Grienke was back and looked good.

The Dodgers offense was coming alive.

Hopefully these are sigbs of good things to come.

Now they get to play the struggling Braves so the good times will probably stay for the next few days.

Archived