What You Are Watching, Have Watched, And Will Watch: Now More Obvious

Sivin

I will be watching Archer tomorrow, either live or (more likely) on recording. I also just watched the Venture Bros Halloween Special, something which I am very sad to have missed when I recently discovered the series and watched it all the way through.

Great, great night of comedy last night (Tues). Happy Endings killed it as always - Penny interacting with her new BF's friends was awesome. Fox's entire line-up was solid. Cougar Town went with some GoT references, including this bit of hilarity:

JULES: You know I've almost figured out which one of those dudes is from the future. The redheaded on..e.

TRAVIS: None of them.

JULES: None of them. **nods head in utter confusion**

And Van Der Beek killed it yet again on Don't Trust the B.

I watched the movie Pitch Perfect the other day, and it was both terrible and extremely funny at times. Anna Kendrick and a redheaded Brittany Snow made it worth my time. :drool: As did watching Adam Devine as the antagonistic, full-on-douche-tastic leader of the rival group was great.

I also caught Compliance... I still feel dirty.

And Killer Joe. WTF was that?? [spoier]Joe: A BABY!?!

I'm also now working on season 2 of Fringe, up to about episode 9. It's been really good lots of cool cases and a really good episode with the Observers. Season 1 really spoiled me with those 50 minute episodes. Although, Walter Bishop is a really close talker; dude needs to back up a bit.

Watched Looper, The Woman in Black, and Killer Joe the other day. Looper was great. WiB was alright. And Killer Joe... I don't know. It wasn't what I was expecting. But it had great performances. But a bit too... disturbing for my tastes. And I never say that about a movie.

Anyway, missed Justified this week =(

But now, watching Love Actually for the first time. I like it. Bill Nighy, Andrew Lincoln, Liam Neeson, Keira Knightly, and Alan Rickman. What's not to like?

Plan on seeing Gangster Squad and Mama this week.

Watched the first episode of Twin Peaks last night. I'm intrigued. It's a little bit dated, but still of higher quality than like 90% of normal TV today. I'll definitely be continuing it.

Oh my, how I wish I could forget I ever watched Twin Peaks just so I could watch it with fresh eyes for the first time again.

You're in for one hell of a ride my friend.

Just watched 3-Iron, by Kim Ki-Duk. The one about a drifter who lives in people's houses while they're away and fixes their stuff. It's even weirder than the premise makes it sound, but it's very good.

It's very good indeed, and the ending is... woah. It's not a movie I'm going to forget anytime soon. I was expecting a totally different movie before watching it but I'm not regretting it.

Started watching Battlestar Galactica after one of my very drunk friends really sold it to me at a NYE party. I'm four episodes into season 2 and I'm digging it. It's not great television, but it is remarkably watchable and entertaining, like a soap opera crossed with Rome set in space.

The BSG watching led me to comment that I had never seen Stand and Deliver, so that was rectified Tuesday night.

Been Watching the Sopranos lately. It's quite good and if anything I just watch it for Meadow :drool: . Bought Breaking Bad season 1-3 on DVD so gonna see what they're like in the next few days.

^^^^

I tried to watch BsG because all my mates raved about it. I watched it and I gave up after 2/3 episodes (no counting the 3 hour pilot), just was not getting it at all.

Watched the first episode of Twin Peaks last night. I'm intrigued. It's a little bit dated, but still of higher quality than like 90% of normal TV today. I'll definitely be continuing it.

its crazy how poorly some aspects of it are done from a modern mindset, and it may have the worst score in the history of television but it definitely has some interesting characters and a plot that stays intriguing throughout. do not look up any spoilers whatsoever until you are done

its crazy how poorly some aspects of it are done from a modern mindset, and it may have the worst score in the history of television but it definitely has some interesting characters and a plot that stays intriguing throughout. do not look up any spoilers whatsoever until you are done

Worst score?

The tracks are definitely very 90's, but I couldn't imagine Twin Peaks without the music. Laura's theme is incredibly dark/creepy/mysterious/mesmerizing/beautiful. Also, that one scene, without Julee Cruise singing?... it just wouldn't work.

There's an very well made fan-edit on youtube with only the scenes pertaining to the Laura Palmer case

(so basically, the Packard storyline, Nadine and all the rest of the filler is out)

+ Fire walk with me. It's around 5h long but it makes for great television.

edit: scratch that it was removed :/ bummer

Worst score?

The tracks are definitely very 90's, but I couldn't imagine Twin Peaks without the music. Laura's theme is incredibly dark/creepy/mysterious/mesmerizing/beautiful. Although that one scene, without Julee Cruise singing... it just wouldn't work.

There's an very well made fan-edit on youtube with only the scenes pertaining to the Laura Palmer case (so basically, the Packard storyline, Nadine and all the rest of the filler is out) + Fire walk with me. It's around 5h long but it makes for great television.

edit: scratch that it was removed :/ bummer

ok, not all of the score is bad, some of the individual themes are decent, but a lot of it is really cheesy, and in a way that must have sounded cheesy in the nineties.

i don't think i would like the stripped down version. the best part about the sideplots is that for a very long time, you aren't sure they are sideplots

Caught Looper last night. Fantastic storyline – I was not expecting anything like the way this movie turned out. It’s nice to see an original science fiction movie again. These last few years I’ve only liked District 9, Moon and (somewhat) Prometheus in that department and I don’t think there’s been anything else made out there but someone go ahead and fill me in.

Joseph Gordon Levitt has graduated to my, if he’s in it, it’s probably a good movie list. Man has an eye those scripts. It was also nice to see Bruce Willis in something like. I wish he’d branch out more because I thought his career was on the verge of dying with the Die Hard franchise or whatever random movie where he plays John McClane under a different name.

I'm only now getting into Dexter. I finished S2 last night. I'm really liking it so far. The first Showtime show that's really worked for me. I like Homeland, but I don't love it.

I'm only now getting into Dexter. I finished S2 last night. I'm really liking it so far. The first Showtime show that's really worked for me. I like Homeland, but I don't love it.

Season 3 was meh for me but Season 4 was fantastic. Good antagonist, really dug the storyline and good acting all around. I haven’t been back to it since, since I think it drops off and I prefer to think of the series on a high note.

Archived