What You Are Watching, Have Watched, And Will Watch: Now More Obvious

Sivin

I finally watched Seven Psychopaths the other day, and it was really good. I definitely need to watch it again to let it absorb at bit better.

Anything you see that was dropped is basically the show writers jetisoning plots that didn't pan out behind the scenes for various reasons.

The chick from S2 Ep1 never appears again. Just forget about it. The same way Peter's mysterious past never appears again either.

Also, that weird Charlie episode is an episode from S1 that got delayed or something and shifted into S2. (or early S2 episode or something)

Fringe has some quirks like that to it.

Through Season 3, Episode 6

It's definitely getting back to the plot of the week format and just with dueling universes.

Although, I really liked the Flowers for Algernon-esque episode.

I think Anna Torv and especially John Noble are doing an amazing job playing different version of their characters. I think that just magnifies how phenomenal Noble's work as original Walter is every week.

Another thing that appears to have been dropped was Broyles and Nina deep kissing (at the end of season 1?).

My wife finally talked me into watching Veronica Mars and we just finished the 1st season. It's... okay. Clever with some twists on the normal who-done-it type of cases. I certainly do not see the reason it has created this obsessive cult of followers, but to each their own.

My main problem is that the side characters are all so bland. There's the bland rich kid who was the main character's boyfriend but broke up mysteriously, and later on grows a goatee to show that he might be eeeeevvvviiiiilllllll. There's the bland rich kid who spent the first half of the season being a massive asshole because boo hoo, his ex-girlfriend who was sleeping with half the town was murdered, but he's really got a heart of gold that he can't ever show because he's a broken toy. There's the high school biker gang leader who acts like an asshole but also really has a heart of gold but life's circumstances dictate that he act like an asshole to most people. There's the best friend black kid whose sole role is to be an office aide and get her files... oh and also, about halfway through the season he becomes the star basketball player.

The dad is probably the best character on the show, and he's too often in the background. And one of the strongest points is the twists to conventional hour-long mysteries. And of course, Kristen Bell is pleasing to the eyes. Overall though, I put it at a B-. Something I'll continue watching because my wife absolutely adores the show, but not something I'd continue watching on my own.

I finally... finally watched TED! HILARIOUS. I also watched IronClad and thought it was cool for a lowbudget flick.

I saw Ted recently as well, since so many people were saying it was hilarious. But, it seemed to fall flat for me. I could tell when they were trying to make a joke, but they just weren't that funny. Maybe my expectations were a little too high.

My wife finally talked me into watching Veronica Mars and we just finished the 1st season. It's... okay. Clever with some twists on the normal who-done-it type of cases. I certainly do not see the reason it has created this obsessive cult of followers, but to each their own.

My main problem is that the side characters are all so bland. There's the bland rich kid who was the main character's boyfriend but broke up mysteriously, and later on grows a goatee to show that he might be eeeeevvvviiiiilllllll. There's the bland rich kid who spent the first half of the season being a massive asshole because boo hoo, his ex-girlfriend who was sleeping with half the town was murdered, but he's really got a heart of gold that he can't ever show because he's a broken toy. There's the high school biker gang leader who acts like an asshole but also really has a heart of gold but life's circumstances dictate that he act like an asshole to most people. There's the best friend black kid whose sole role is to be an office aide and get her files... oh and also, about halfway through the season he becomes the star basketball player.

The dad is probably the best character on the show, and he's too often in the background. And one of the strongest points is the twists to conventional hour-long mysteries. And of course, Kristen Bell is pleasing to the eyes. Overall though, I put it at a B-. Something I'll continue watching because my wife absolutely adores the show, but not something I'd continue watching on my own.

Man, just from your descriptions of Duncan and Logan, I kinda get the impression you weren't paying attention at all.

Been watching Breaking Bad after my mate kept going on about it (I think the Family Guy joke about it may have some truth it). Now up to season 3, I guess I'm enjoying to keep on watching it but don't think it's the best thing on TV at the moment. Although I am absolutely obsessed with Game of Thrones and the same guy whose obsessed with BB is like "I don't really want to watch Game of Thrones".

Been watching Breaking Bad after my mate kept going on about it (I think the Family Guy joke about it may have some truth it). Now up to season 3, I guess I'm enjoying to keep on watching it but don't think it's the best thing on TV at the moment. Although I am absolutely obsessed with Game of Thrones and the same guy whose obsessed with BB is like "I don't really want to watch Game of Thrones".

So true about the Family Guy jokes, all my mates want me to watch BB and it just doesn't appeal to me, I'm currently re-watching the first two seasons of Lost.

i think one thing it does very well is establish a balance between the long running plot and mystery and the episodic story. really a model show in this regard.

and while i did like some of the submajor characters, the strength of the show is veronica herself. perhaps the easiest character to root for in tv history, and really well developed and acted.

and also, about halfway through the season he becomes the star basketball player.

well, at the beginning of the show, its fall. he becomes a basketball star when basketball season starts, in november, midway through the first season

I had something funny happen. I have access to a cable package that is like On Demand, more or less. Well, I was finally getting caught up on Dexter and was almost done w/ S4, but then they took all of the episodes off but for one season.

So now I have to figure out what's next (a serious problem, I know).

Considering:

Shameless

Californication

Downton Abbey

Not sure about the rest of Showtime. I've seen Homeland and don't care too much for Weeds.

Sadly, I don't get FX on this package. The Americans sounds like it might be pretty good.

I'm almost willing to bet that by the end of season 3, you'll fully be on board. (That's how I was. Season 1 was really good, season 2 was good, the first half of 3 is terrible, and then the second half kicks into gear. Seasons 4 and 5 are awesome.)

I started watching Downton Abbey. Finished up season 1 and can't get enough. Just ordered season 2 off Amazon, where I discovered a wonderful thing that they let you livestream the video online once you buy the physical dvd...so I'm off to my blankets and a cup of tea and early 20th century England!

Also just got the dvd for series 7 part 1 of Doctor Who, that is next up on my playlist!

Watching For King and Empire, a documentary series about Canadians in the First World War. It's been years since I watched it. Very moving.

ETA;

It's kind of amazing, really. There isn't that much video documentation of the Great War, but Norm Christie manages to make it quite engaging. That's a real triumph, considering that most of the series is just him walking battlefields and talking. Or the reading of letters from the soldiers. I just watched one about Beaumont-Hamel. He starts off from where the trenches were that the Newfoundland Regiment started in, and starts walking towards the German lines, and it's so unbelievably close. Ridiculously so. But 800 men died in that small area, in about 30 minutes. Absolutely insane.

I made the same mistake 2x in one week.

I watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Pro on netflix. Such a stupid, and predictable movie.

Then watched Knight and Day on FX, or most of it. The whole movie was bad, CGI.

I know that Tom Cruise can act, but its been a long time since I have seen him do it. Its like if its a Tom Cruise movie it seem more about the look of it, then trying to do a good movie.

I made the same mistake 2x in one week.

I watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Pro on netflix. Such a stupid, and predictable movie.

Then watched Knight and Day on FX, or most of it. The whole movie was bad, CGI.

I know that Tom Cruise can act, but its been a long time since I have seen him do it. Its like if its a Tom Cruise movie it seem more about the look of it, then trying to do a good movie.

Ghost Protocol was pretty good imo, (for a summer blockbuser that is). Hopefully Oblivion will be good, looks promising.

I finally watched Seven Psychopaths the other day, and it was really good. I definitely need to watch it again to let it absorb at bit better.

I watched it yesterday as well and I've got completely different impression. It bored me to death, as a matter of fact. Christopher Walken and Tom Waits were great of course, but they couldn't help the shallow of the script.

So now I have to figure out what's next (a serious problem, I know).

Considering:

Shameless

Californication

Downton Abbey

I'd definitely recommend Shameless. First two seasons of Californication are worth watching as well. Haven't seen Downton Abbey.

Just got back from watching Django Unchained, Tarantino has outdone himself yet again. How can anyone not rate him as one of the best directors of our time. A true film-maker who pours his heart and soul into everything he does. Quentin my good man *stands up, takes off his hat and begins to slow clap*.

I do find his films entertaining, but he's more of self-indulgent, B-movie director who just happens to get a big budget. If you go to film school (which I've just spent the last 3 years at) his name is a dirty word, yes he's a fan of film, but also I and that does not make you a brilliant film maker (which I found out pretty much as well). Now don't get me wrong I do some like his films, but he is a director who needs climb out of his own arse and stop sitting in a room watching films 24/7.

An example, here in the UK he did a interview for TV channel promoting Django, which he claimed that no one has been talking about slavery, until now, until he made his film....Whatever Quentin.

Archived