TTTNE 382: King Euron Greyjoy...Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

DreamSongs

Finished Last Argument of Kings yesterday, and started with The Discovery of Heaven by Harry Mulisch. Wish I could continue with the standalone novels, but I seriously need to read some books for school.

Crown, will you dance with me too? ;)

As long as your dancing skills don't intimidate me.

As long as your dancing skills don't intimidate me.

Of course not! I am not at all good and dancing in pairs anyway. :P

What I forgot to mention, we got another days of snowing. About 10 cm again. And it will probably come more.

I would assume yes; certainly if I was in charge of designing the afterlife, I'd implement autorecognition and enhanced biographical recall.

Thats it. You are now in charge of my afterlife!!!

I don't think it is a crazy thought at all L.O, I first came here cus i had watched the show and around the 7th episode ordered the books online. I read the books in a few weeks and was dying to talk about them but my friends are not exactly the reading types, so i found this place and when i first got here i was just posting away in the book forum having some fun. I never realized just how special and important this place would become to me or just how close i would get with the people here, i was lifetime banned in my first 2 weeks here for being a wee bit rebellious :lol: but in that short time i had already made so many amazing friends that stood up for me and asked for me to be allowed back. Ran gave me a second chance and i can;t imagine my life right now if i hadn't been allowed back, to be honest i fucking hate the thought of what my life would be like right now if i hadn't been allowed back. Through this place i have met so many amazing and wonderful people from all over the world who have the same passions and interest i do, i have also been blessed to call so many of them friends i mean real friends that i care about and love as much as people who i see here where i live everyday. Before i came here i was not an internet person at all i actually as fucked as it sounds hate all this social networking stuff like facebook and twitter and texting, i am old school i believe in spending time with people physically and if i have time to send a text i can call and hear their voice :lol:. But finding this place was something special and even more so than just the site itself is here in the TTTNE, i will never forget being one of the original first generation of floobs and having Pebs, Lany, Harlot, Yana, Quoth, Elgernon, Lighting Lord, Space Bandito and of course my mentor in all things spam Colder Hands how welcome they made me feel and showed me just how special this thread is and what it really means to be a member of the TTTNE family. The TTTNE is that one place that when you find it you never want to lose it, for some they don't really understand the real power of the thread until they have one of those life changing moments where they really need to just talk or vent or even just feel like they are not alone, when your a member of the TTTNE family you are never alone and you are always loved and the moment you realize that and it touches your heart this thread becomes not just a place to come and talk with friends but a piece of who you are as a person. We have a lot of fun here and do a lot of flirting :leer: hell it's part of the TTTNE tradition but what makes this place more special than anywhere else on the site or the entire internet, is the caring and love you feel when you come here and spend time with the best people in the world.

So to answer your question L.O i think we all would recognize each other, cus if we are suppose to meet up with our past friends and family in the afterlife then it's guaranteed we will recognize each other cus we are all family :grouphug:.

My grammar sucks sorry guys for run on sentences and that stuff :P HAR HAR HAR.

I think Me and zar and maid were about the same time, too, and faceless girl, I too had not done much on the internet before coming here, though I read the books when the paperbacks came out. I couldn't imagine being without this, now.

Chiming in before heading to bed - yeah we will definitely know each other in the afterlife. All our talk of the bar, the comfy chairs in the reading room, the sauna and all the other accoutrements of TTTNE; that will all be waiting for us. ;)

This place has become so special to me, as have all of you. So have a pleasant good night my lovely spammers. Sweet dreams and sleep well...

And :leer: just for you, Crow.

me too

Yayyy, you saw it :D

I have a very strong pun instinct!!!

Good morning, afternoon, evening to all!

*opens bar for a microbrew and hits the pool to soak up the warmth in a lounge chair while Wendy chases members of The Evil Squirrel Nation instead of staying in the cold rainy end of winter that is GA*

Chiming in before heading to bed - yeah we will definitely know each other in the afterlife. All our talk of the bar, the comfy chairs in the reading room, the sauna and all the other accoutrements of TTTNE; that will all be waiting for us. ;)

BUT DO WE HAVE A HOT TUB?!? :leer: :leer: :leer: HAR HAR HAR

Stunts...I hope this post finds you feeling better and at home.

Elg...I wish Mrs Elg the best. I have cared for a lot of people that have had the surgery. Before, they would be in and out of the hospital in acute pain. After surgery, they quit getting admitted for acute pain control.

Jeyne...I so want to hug you and Ice Crow right now!

Gendry...I waited for you by the service elevators :leer:

Dani!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grouphug: for all! Y'all are the greatest!

Anyone got a spare $200 lying around they aren't using?

http://shop.national...sk&code=MR20936

It sounds really interesting.

I spoke to someone who had found a relative through DNA testing. They were both into genealogy and both were looking for their great-great-grandfather (I think?). Even though one was in SC and one in NY they kept seeing the others name when searching. so they decided to do a DNA test to see if they were related. They were indeed long-lost cousins... They now see each other once every few years and continued their search for relatives together.

I thought that was a neat story.

Catelyn from the last thread:

Heya Quoth, maybe I misread some of the older posts. It's easy to get behind in this fast-paced TTTNE!

Oh, and I'm not quick enough to develop strategies for dastardly racing.... I'm not even sure what that is! :-)

Merely a jest around here. Once racing begins (now I understand that to be around post 950 these days) some nefarious tttners like to "lay low in the weeds", ninja like, and snatch victory with a well timed post. Others have been known to distract racers at well timed points with a post such as, "Did you see the [contoversial, hilarious, something important to a racer] post in Gen Chat?!". The hope being that the racer flees tttne to see what it's all about and not be there at the big finish. Some folks (good naturedly) rage at such tactics. I called it dastardly, but really, as always, it's all in good fun. :)

I spoke to someone who had found a relative through DNA testing. They were both into genealogy and both were looking for their great-great-grandfather (I think?). Even though one was in SC and one in NY they kept seeing the others name when searching. so they decided to do a DNA test to see if they were related. They were indeed long-lost cousins... They now see each other once every few years and continued their search for relatives together.

I thought that was a neat story.

That is so cool!

. . . cus we are all family :grouphug:..

:wub: :kiss: :leer:

I never saw season one, I picked up AGOT on my way to a vacation and once I got home bought the rest, and like IC went looking for someplace to talk about the books.

Lovely post, IC!

And if this is my third post in a row, I apologize, I still can't edit a post and add more quotes, they open in a new post. :dunno:

Cool! I think I'm going to do that!

Really? If you do tell us the results, unless it turns out your white in which case keep it to yourself. I wouldn't be able to take you seriously ever again.

And if this is my third post in a row, I apologize, I still can't edit a post and add more quotes, they open in a new post. :dunno:

press quote then copy and paste the format into the edit box.

I just did it. :smug:

Morning thread

Well said Ice Crow, well said ser!

There is no higher praise for a post than praise from the GOAT, even after all this time i still am humbled by your praise my friend :blush:.

I think Me and zar and maid were about the same time, too, and faceless girl, I too had not done much on the internet before coming here, though I read the books when the paperbacks came out. I couldn't imagine being without this, now.

Almost all of the Sisterhood of Sandor first got here at the same time, only a few still post regularly here in the TTTNE. You forgot Odie my lady, Odie has been spamming it up with us since day one :leer:. Awwwwwwww we were the first floobs that veterans hated :lol: HAR HAR HAR, except our family here in the TTTNE who always loved us :grouphug:.

BUT DO WE HAVE A HOT TUB?!? HAR HAR HAR

Jeyne...I so want to hug you and Ice Crow right now!

:grouphug: for all! Y'all are the greatest!

Like Quoth said they had the Hot Tub put in even before i got here, nothing better than a sexy party when you have a hot tub just make sure you stop at the bar and get a drink from T-Mow before you get in :leer:.

The CROW always wants all the hugs he can get :grouphug:.

I never saw season one, I picked up AGOT on my way to a vacation and once I got home bought the rest, and like IC went looking for someplace to talk about the books.

Lovely post, IC!

Thank you my lady :kiss:, this is a special place and it really does deserve all the praise and love it gets. So do the people here who make it what it is :grouphug:.

Thanks so much for all the sweet words and hugs guys :)

Crow thanks for sharing your TTTNE story! It was great. And I always find it fascinating to hear about the history of this place...

Blackbear that looks pretty damn cool. If you do it FB I'd be really interested too to know how it goes...

Archived