Sansa is really Littlefinger's daughter

GhostLink

Okay, so many of you assume that Petyr is sexually attracted to Sansa because he's shown some interest in her from early on. But could it be that Sansa is actually his and Cat's daughter? When Ned rode out to war after Robb was conceived, could Littlefinger have paid her a visit?

I know it doesn't meet with the timeline, but maybe we don't know everything.

Catelyn mentions a letter Petyr sent her after his exile, which she didn't read (I don't know how that's relevant, but it doesn't have to be completely pointless). Littlefinger could have drugged her or something similar, which is why Catelyn does not suspect it in any way.

Petyr Baelish is "Baelish" for a reason. Think about it. He is Baelish, and we know that Bael the Bard snuck into Winterfell under the pretence of someone else.

So what if Littlefinger did that, drugged Catelyn, and had her, and snuck out (the letter he wrote might have had a mention of it).

Now let's look at Sansa.

She, as far as we know, is not a warg like all the other Stark kids.

She looks like a Tully the most out of all the Stark kids, nothing like Ned.

When she and Arya arrive in King's Landing, she adapts the Southron looks and culture much to Arya's distaste.

She prays to the Seven, while all of the other Stark kids hold to the old gods.

She mildly adapts to the court's hostile environment after Ned Stark's decapitation, and ends up surviving through it all (had it been Arya that was captured and betrothed to Joffrey, I don't think she would have survived).

All of this, not to mention that she actually pretends to be Alayne, Petyr's natural daughter. This could be a double bluff by GRRM, make it explicit that she's Littlefinger's daughter, even if in pretense, so nobody would actually think that, and then it would turn out that she is, in fact, his natural daughter.

What do you think?

As much shit that Cat gave Ned about Jon, and you really think she'd foster a bastard with Littlefinger?

There could be two options:

A) She doesn't know, as Littlefinger drugged her or something similar (unlikely/impractical), and

B ) She's a big hypocrite, like Tywin (gave Tyrion shit for liking whores, yet had them himself).

What do you think?

I think that seems highly doubtful. I'm sorry.

Firstly, if Catelyn was pregnant with Robb, then she didn't conceive Sansa during that time, drugged or not.

Then Sansa is not the only Tully looking of the Stark children - she's just the Tully looking female and thus the most similar to Cat. By the way, while she has little of Eddard, she doesn't have anything of LF either.

She doesn't exhibit warging powers, but she did get a direwolf, which very strongly points to her belonging with the others. It was Jon who got a special/strange wolf, not her. Not the fault of her parentage if her direwolf was killed too early.

She also prays to the 7, yes, but I hardly think that's genetic. By the way, do we actually know which gods Rickon prays to? Or Robb and Arya, come to think of it?

She survives the court and you don't think Arya would have... well, I'll just say that's a bit speculative. Also, again, I doubt that being a survivor is a genetic difference between Starks and Baelishs.

It's a cool thought, especially your last paragraph, but unfortunately I don't think it really works.

the time line does't line up, we know that before she went to Kings Landing she adn't seen Petyr since the day of the duel. There is just no evidence to suggest he drugged her and then raped her to make Sansa. I think any similarity between Baelish and Bael is coincidental. As far as Sansa goes, none of your points can really be taken as evidence for Sansa parentage as being anything other than Med and Cat. It just far to limited and deterministic to believe all stacks are uniformly like ned 100% of the time. Robb and Bran dont look like Ned is Petyr they're father aswell?

i just don't see it.

the time line does't line up, we know that before she went to Kings Landing she adn't seen Petyr since the day of the duel. There is just no evidence to suggest he drugged her and then raped her to make Sansa. I think any similarity between Baelish and Bael is coincidental. As far as Sansa goes, none of your points can really be taken as evidence for Sansa parentage as being anything other than Med and Cat. It just far to limited and deterministic to believe all stacks are uniformly like ned 100% of the time. Robb and Bran dont look like Ned is Petyr they're father aswell?

i just don't see it.

Robb and Bran may not look like Ned, but Sansa is the only one with her mother's auburn hair. It was emphasized and overemphasized (I am looking for a highborn maid of three and ten with auburn hair).

NO, and once again, the big NOOOOOOO.

Why?

1. Sansa is the warg like everyone else of her generation of Starks. GRRM had clearly stated so

2. Robb, Rickon and Bran also don`t have traditional Stark traits. That doesn`t mean they are not Ned`s kids.

3. Sansa prays to both Old and New Gods. We have seen her visiting Godswood more than we have seen her visiting septa

4. Although she accepts the mask of Alayne, she in her mind, clearly draws line who she is and who her parents are.

5. During ASOIAF, we have seen how much Sansa is like Ned.

6. Sansa was concieved in Winterfell, prior to Greyjoy`s rebellion.

With all of these overwhelming evidence, there`s no way she can be Baelish`s daughter

No

Sansa was born 3-4 years after Robert's Rebellion and about 2 years before Balon's Rebellion. So Ned was home.

Besides that:

- Robb, Bran, and Rickon also have a more Tully look. Only Jon and Arya look like Ned.

- Besides Bran, as far as we know the other Stark children could only warg with their direwolf, and lady is dead so Sansa never really had the chance to warg.

Robb and Bran may not look like Ned, but Sansa is the only one with her mother's auburn hair. It was emphasized and overemphasized (I am looking for a highborn maid of three and ten with auburn hair).

Not true. All of Catelyn's kids except Arya have the same hair color.

"Robb and Sansa and Bran and even little Rickon all took after the Tullys, with easy smiles and fire in their hair. "

Anyway, the theory is extremely unlikely, pretty much impossible. To be true, LF must've snuck in Winterfell, drugged Cat, done the deed, and left without anyone noticing.

There is zero evidence of this

First, Sansa shows wranging ability with a bird that soars outside her window in the Vale. Go back to her chapters and see it for yourself.

Second, Sansa is 3 years younger than Robb. When the books start Robb is 14 and Sansa is 11. That means that Sansa was concieved and born in Winterfell. Catlyn makes it clear that she hasn't seen Littlefinger since he left Riverrun. So they weren't even around each other when Sansa was conceived.

(3) Several of Catlyn children have the Tully look.

(4) Littlefinger KISSES Sansa and not in a chaste way but rather in a creepy-pedo way. You really think he'd sink so low if she was his daughter.

Okay, so many of you assume that Petyr is sexually attracted to Sansa because he's shown some interest in her from early on. But could it be that Sansa is actually his and Cat's daughter? When Ned rode out to war after Robb was conceived, could Littlefinger have paid her a visit?

Catelyn mentions a letter Petyr sent her after his exile, which she didn't read (I don't know how that's relevant, but it doesn't have to be completely pointless). Littlefinger could have drugged her or something similar, which is why Catelyn does not suspect it in any way.

Petyr Baelish is "Baelish" for a reason. Think about it. He is Baelish, and we know that Bael the Bard snuck into Winterfell under the pretence of someone else.

So what if Littlefinger did that, drugged Catelyn, and had her, and snuck out (the letter he wrote might have had a mention of it).

Now let's look at Sansa.

How would we know that when Lady was killed in the first book? Wolf dreams didn't become more prominent until much later.

The kids who look most like Starks are Arya and Jon. It's not out of the question for the Tully's to have strong genes, nor is it uncommon for the daughter to be the spitting image of the mother,

When she and Arya arrive in King's Landing, she adapts the Southron looks and culture much to Arya's distaste.

She likes the idea of court life, and it's hotter down south than it is in the North. She was betrothed to Joffrey. Her dressing in the Southron styles is more to be expected, especially when compared with Arya

She prays to whoever she felt would listen. She visited the Sept in KL just as much as she visited the godswood.

She mildly adapts to the court's hostile environment after Ned Stark's decapitation, and ends up surviving through it all (had it been Arya that was captured and betrothed to Joffrey, I don't think she would have survived).

She didn't have much of a choice, she was a hostage.

All of this, not to mention that she actually pretends to be Alayne, Petyr's natural daughter. This could be a double bluff by GRRM, make it explicit that she's Littlefinger's daughter, even if in pretense, so nobody would actually think that, and then it would turn out that she is, in fact, his natural daughter.

What choice did she have? After seeing LF kill Dontos and as crazy as he is, she was trapped and felt that he could get her out. The only way for that to happen would be to cooperate.

What do you think?

That your theory is baseless

I get the feeling that you don't understand the whole sex-->9 months-->baby thing that can't happen over a remote connection.

EDIT: this may move to the top of my dumbest theories, knocking off "Ned is alive."

The answer is No.

But, LF thinks that he and Catelyn had sex, when they were teenagers. He also wants Sansa to be both his daughter and his lover, and may, in some weird way, have persuaded himself that Sansa is in fact his daughter.

Now let's look at Sansa.

What do you think?

I think crackpot theory is crackpot.

1. Sansa is a warg, as confirmed by Martin. Plus, her warg skills were beginning to awaken with Lady, it was just still very early on. Notice how much Lady's personality reflected Sansa.

2. All of the kids but Arya have the Tully look.

3. So what? Bran wanted to be a great knight and member of the KG. Jon's heroes were Targs.

4. She prays to the Seven and the Old Kids. Like all the Stark kids, she was raised amongst both faiths and as the series has moved on, she has embraced the old gods more and more.

5. What was that Ned said about the Starks and always enduring?

No, I absolutely do not believe Cat would ever have relations with Littlefinger. Duty above all else for her, she goes on and on about it.

And Sansa probably is a Warg, she hasn't had the opportunity to experiment since her first bonded animal was murdered before she had a chance to discover it.

Archived