Viking Round Deux

Lord Syv Aldlark

THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE!!

Sorry.

It looks like Rollo has found his redemption episode. Also, class-act move by Ragnar putting the cloth over that boy. I have a feeling Jarl Borg is going to find a gruesome and impending death. I still can't get over the fact that Lagertha got backhanded like that and NOTHING happened to Earl (whatever).

I'm starting to see Ragnar is beginning to be more "pulled" toward Christendom and Loki knows this. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE!!

Sorry.

It looks like Rollo has found his redemption episode. Also, class-act move by Ragnar putting the cloth over that boy. I have a feeling Jarl Borg is going to find a gruesome and impending death. I still can't get over the fact that Lagertha got backhanded like that and NOTHING happened to Earl (whatever).

I'm starting to see Ragnar is beginning to be more "pulled" toward Christendom and Loki knows this. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

Yeah, Lagertha must be saving the rage and waiting til the right moment to do something terrible.

If I had to guess by the psuedo history that its Rollo who will be pulled towards Christianity given he is supposed to be the first Duke of Normandy.

I think Ragnars response to Flokki will be because of his personal friendship with the Priest.

But, as far as king Ecbert goes, once a Furion, always a Furion. :)

Awesome episode.

Oh what has happened to Lagertha ... so mellowed down. :( Why did she even marry that one in the first place?

The recasting of Bjorn is very good, he is exactly how the younger actor could look like in some years, and the way he speaks is really similar to the young one too.

Oh what has happened to Lagertha ... so mellowed down. :( Why did she even marry that one in the first place?

The recasting of Bjorn is very good, he is exactly how the younger actor could look like in some years, and the way he speaks is really similar to the young one too.

Money, position, security?

Floki kind of just seemed like a semi crazy jolly boat builder before, now he is kind of a dick.

I was curious and don't want to look through my book, but was that Bishop torturing scene with the flaming arrows the same bishop/story as from Cornwell's Saxon Tales? I think it was from the first one, The Last Kingdom.

*F* Ragnar. I truly hope that Lagertha and Bjorn come back at some point and kick ass.

Also, yes, Rollo is scummy... but he's HOOOOOOT. More Rollo pleasekthx.

You guys made me doublecheck which thread I was in before posting with all this T-Dawg talk.

http://thelaughingdead.com/media/strips/t-dog-prison-dies-meme.jpg

ETA: Apparently I have missed an episode!!! Will fix that tonight :D

Not a chick, but isn't Ragnar hotter than Rollo? He possibly has the best eyes ever.

Floki kind of just seemed like a semi crazy jolly boat builder before, now he is kind of a dick.

I was curious and don't want to look through my book, but was that Bishop torturing scene with the flaming arrows the same bishop/story as from Cornwell's Saxon Tales? I think it was from the first one, The Last Kingdom.

No that was the King of East Anglia that got arrowed

Not a chick, but isn't Ragnar hotter than Rollo? He possibly has the best eyes ever.

Athelstan has the best eyes ever. It is known.

Again, Very good episode. I was kinda confused at the beginning. I was like huh? Is Ecbert talking to himself? :lol:

The best parts were probably Athelstan killing the bishop (George nailed that scene) and Ragnar saving little girl's life.

Agree on Flokki. One day he was an eccentric "artist" and master of carpentry, the next he's a pyscho- and stupid, because Rollo wouldn't have been my first choice to pick a fight with.

I also have a hard time believing that these "trained" soldiers can't take on a bunch of raiders and part-time soldiers whose own training basically comes down to flash-mob brawling after two few many to drink, (at least I haven't seen any kind of prep training in the series).

Having no fear is one thing, but even the Spartans actively trained

England, who was occupied by the Romans, didn't pick up any fighting tips? :shocked:

Athelstan has the best eyes ever. It is known.

Again, Very good episode. I was kinda confused at the beginning. I was like huh? Is Ecbert talking to himself? :lol:

The best parts were probably Athelstan killing the bishop (George nailed that scene) and Ragnar saving little girl's life.

Athelstan: it is known. :drool:

And I liked Ragnar too in that scene. When they step out of the stereo-types, it makes their characters more interesting.

If you're in to that kind of stuff...to me Ragnar is just meh... :dunno: fact that he's a dick doesn't help ,much...but I must admit he pleasantly surprised me when he hid that kid...kudos...

Ok who is this poor excuse for Lagertha and what did you do with the one we had in season 1? She was fighting men not taking punches...don't get it at all.

Floki is a dick but he was always a crazy dick so it's at least entertaining...and he's religious...

I also have a hard time believing that these "trained" soldiers can't take on a bunch of raiders and part-time soldiers whose own training basically comes down to flash-mob brawling after two few many to drink, (at least I haven't seen any kind of prep training in the series).

Having no fear is one thing, but even the Spartans actively trained

England, who was occupied by the Romans, didn't pick up any fighting tips? :shocked:

What the hell makes you think that the British are trained and professional soldiers?

And the Vikings kicking everyone's ass for over two centuries it's a known historical fact, there's nothing to question there.

What the hell makes you think that the British are trained and professional soldiers?

The uniform armour maybe? though thats probably only there so we can differentiate them from the vikings rather than being truer to history and having a battle of two identically beardy sweaty armies pushing each other

Archived