Doctor Who: Regenerated discussion

Jon AS

11th Hour? People say Blink but you kind of jump in. 11th hour is a "good start", and an excellent episode too in it's own right.

I mean you could just start them with Rose if you make sure they'll keep watching.

11th Hour? People say Blink but you kind of jump in. 11th hour is a "good start", and an excellent episode too in it's own right.

I mean you could just start them with Rose if you make sure they'll keep watching.

by someone I meant myself

I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

I had never seen a single episode and knew nothing about it at all. I just started at the beginning of the reboot ("Rose"). I thought it made a nice introduction to the series, I was able to pick up on a lot as I went. And Christopher Eccleston was great, I wish he had been there for more than 1 season!

I may have asked this before, but what's a good Dr. Who episode to start with for someone who has never seen it?

I had never seen a single episode and knew nothing about it at all. I just started at the beginning of the reboot ("Rose"). I thought it made a nice introduction to the series, I was able to pick up on a lot as I went. And Christopher Eccleston was great, I wish he had been there for more than 1 season!

While I love the older stuff, if your just getting started, Yea, Rose is a good place to start, or 11th hour, which is Matt Smith's first ep. David Tennant's Doctor is really tied up w/ Eccleston's Doctor IMO.

Also has one of the best Monologues in the series.

If you start with 11th Hour you have to make sure they go back and watch the Library episodes before the Angels two-parter else a lot of that makes no sense. It's what I did with my brother when he wanted to get on board for season 6 (I also got him to watch Midnight but that's just coz it's on the same disk and awesome, and he'd already seen Blink because everyone's seen Blink and it's the one episode I tend to recommend even to people who are otherwise unconvinced by Who, even though it's not my favourite - that would be The Empty Child/Doctor Dances).

I may have asked this before, but what's a good Dr. Who episode to start with for someone who has never seen it?

An Unearthly Child. ;)

Seriously, it actually depends on your viewing tastes. If you like Gothic Horror for instance, early Tom Baker (e.g. The Ark in Space) would be a good choice. But there's a lot to choose from, especially if you're willing to venture into the 1963-89 incarnation of the series.

So Capaldi has already played the douchey mid-level bureaucrat on season 3 of Torchwood that shoots up his whole family because they're about to give his kids to the 456. He also played Caecilius in the Fires of Pompeii. So I know he's a good actor at least, even though it's odd that he's already appeared in the Whoverse as two different characters.

Still, none of the doctors in the reboot have let me down yet, so I'm sure he'll be just as great as Eccelston, Tennant and Smith.

It'll be cool to have an older doctor again too, although I was really hoping for a woman or a person of color. Or at least a ginger. *sigh*

Great actor but i think he needs a good script to shine. maybe they will let him ad lib as i think he does a bit of that for thick of it? Anyway nice change to see an older actor get the job and i wonder if this is a short run lile with ecclestone?

Also keepimg with the fine tradition of not caring how many times an actor has appeared in who based shows.

Archived