Arrow 2 - Tommy Got Shafted...Bit Late, BUT SEASON 2 SPOILERS!

Jaxom 1974

Yeah, I think Felicity sorta likes the thought of Ollie fucking her on the company table but doesn't actually want to date him as a person.

I'd rather see her and Diggle together.

I'd rather she's single for the reasons stated above. She adds much as the witty sidekick. As the love interest? Just more unnecessary CW drama.

I'd rather she's single for the reasons stated above. She adds much as the witty sidekick. As the love interest? Just more unnecessary CW drama.

Ah, sorry, agreed. I meant [iF] she HAS to be in a relationship. But really it'd be better to have her single or date someone outside of the two guys she fights crime with.

It'll take a whole lot more acting chops than that actress seems to have to sell a scene like that in a way that will make the audience sympathize with her. Just sayin'...

Having seen Harper's Island, I actually think Katie Cassidy is a pretty good actress, and it's kinda shitty watching her character get the shaft.

Spoilers for Harper's Island in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOtc11k1YZ0

I do have to say, between Lance's rooftop powwow with Ollie and Ra's, Arrow really is the Batman live action show we've always wanted, heh. I'm not mad, though. This show just keeps getting better. Also, I love the improv on Black Canary's sonic scream.

Yeah, the scream was a clever solution to Ollie escaping Laurel's clutches.

Good to see her accept that the Arrow isn't at fault for Tommy's death.

Black Canary is interesting, I like her being tied in with Ra's.

Nice episode. The main plot was a bit under-developed in terms of not much for the villain to say but everything else was solid. I also enjoyed Black Canary's scream and it has me wondering how "super" the Flash is going to be (maybe he just slows down time around him?). The Ra's al ghul name-drop totally took me by surprise and it's pretty cool to have him and his league involved in the show - I wonder whether Oliver encountered the league on the island?

It does raise the question of how connected this show is going to be to the cinematic world though. I'm not sure that they'd be using such important Batman villains if this is going to be set in the same world as potential Batman films. Unless we never see Ra's al Ghul in the show.

Enjoyed Quentin getting some screen time. I like how he understands his daughter so well and how he's coming around to the Arrow (was this the first use of his name in the show?)

I also enjoyed the DC easter eggs; DC52, channel 52, Tony Daniel (lawyer/DC artist) and I think the ship at the end of the episode was called "amazo"?

With all the talk of a Flash spin-off - I#m wondering if they are wanting to start a "birds of prey" spin-off as well? It looks like they have most of the pieces in the show already and Canary's hideout sure looks like the BOP clocktower. Felicity seems like she'd fit the role of "oracle" quite well too.

Marvel needs to start taking notes of how this show is made and try and apply it to their own show.

I like how they use the "villain of the week" as the side story in most cases. Even when the villain story is just ok, the way they use it to layer the meta story line is really effective.

Did anyone else get Birds of Prey flashbacks from the clocktower? And is Cindy Gypsy? That ties in BoP even more.

And adding the League of Shadows is a good move.

So, now Quentin knows Felicity not only knows "Arrow" but is also his personal tech genius. Diggle was only a glance away from being spotted too. How many episodes until Quentin puts two and two together to get four?

Did anyone else get Birds of Prey flashbacks from the clocktower? And is Cindy Gypsy? That ties in BoP even more.

"Sin" was the name of Black Canary's adopted daughter in the comics, so this may be a twist on that, making her the protege. Who knows, though.

We now have a confirmed League of Assassins tie, beyond the probability they were behind Merlyn. Curious how Black Canary got involved with them, too, considering her identity.

Have the showrunners ever openly admitted that they actually wanted to do a Batman show but couldn't get the rights? The similarities were always very obvious, but this episode seemed to dial it up another notch or two, what with the mention of Ra's Al Ghul and rooftop meeting between Oliver and Lance. Speaking of which, I do hope the writers don't insult his character and the audience's intelligence by having him not know. I want him to start messing with Oliver by dropping hints in conversation or something. Or maybe one day he needs to contact The Arrow (was that the first time it was said out loud?) and can't get a hold of Felicity and so just rings Oliver directly.

I am impressed that the writers have brought me around on most of the characters, even Roy is okay at this point (can we please make him getting beat up a running gag? "Not the face!").

Of course there's always Laurel. Would it be unkind to say that we wouldn't have noticed the difference if she had been turned into a lifesize doll? Dare we to hope that with her admission at the end of this episode the character is finally going to turn into something we can get interested in?

Felicity remains awesome, volunteering to be bait for a serial killer but keeping her wits together enough to ask to be compensated for the lotion. I do hope Oliver is paying both her and Diggle handsomely.

One shif in my view of the show is that while last year the flashbacks were often the highlight of the episode, this season I'm much more interested in the goings on in Starling City.

Jon AS wrote:

Speaking of which, I do hope the writers don't insult his character and the audience's intelligence by having him not know. I want him to start messing with Oliver by dropping hints in conversation or something. Or maybe one day he needs to contact The Arrow (was that the first time it was said out loud?) and can't get a hold of Felicity and so just rings Oliver directly.

Maybe it was just me. But I had a moment in this episode where I was sure he was tipping his hand to Oliver just a little. Letting him know he at least suspects. (I mean seriously, how can he not have figured it out.) It seemed like Oliver suspected he had been discovered. Well at least there was an uncomfortable "Why do you say that?" moment.

My feeling is, it won't be long now. Unless Lance decides it's better to keep what he knows to himself.

A very emotional scene where Laurel starts crying non-stop yelling "it was my fault! he went back for me! if he hadn't he would still be alive!" is coming, I can feel it. The writers may even use that as a way of making her character more likable. Who knows.

Bwahahaha. Couldn't even wait 1 more episode - it was just right away. Well, now the question - will the character be more likeable or not? Let's watch and see...

Of course there's always Laurel. Would it be unkind to say that we wouldn't have noticed the difference if she had been turned into a lifesize doll? Dare we to hope that with her admission at the end of this episode the character is finally going to turn into something we can get interested in?

One shif in my view of the show is that while last year the flashbacks were often the highlight of the episode, this season I'm much more interested in the goings on in Starling City.

I liked her much better as Ruby on Supernatural, then here.

I would have agreed with you, until that last scene of this ep. I do believe the flashbacks will become interesting again. Now if they can get both storylines on the same level, this could become not just a good show, but a great show.

Part of me is wondering how much of it is the writing, how much the cupie doll make up, and how much is it the fact that there is very little chemistry.

I'm truly wondering what was seen in the audition tapes that are just not there for the show, because it is rare a show is cast without ensuring great chemistry between the leads.

Archived