Arrow 2 - Tommy Got Shafted...Bit Late, BUT SEASON 2 SPOILERS!

Jaxom 1974

Though I don't bear any ill will to Laurel, it is horribly obvious that there is no spark between Oliver and Laurel. Whereas Felicity practically bounces off of him (in a very entertaining way). Heck, there's more chemistry between Oliver and Diggle, for crikey's sake.

And I know it sounds cynical, and I will miss Tommy, but my first thought when he died was that Colin Donnell either got a movie deal, or his agent asked for too much money during contract negotiations. He was the only one who seemed emotionally invested in the whole 'love triangle' thing. Ah well. RIP Tommy.

Nope. I read an interview about when he found out he was axed. It was a surprise to him.

Nope. I read an interview about when he found out he was axed. It was a surprise to him.

That sucks. I actually think there was a place for the character, they just had to shift him away from the silly love triangle stuff.

Heck, there's more chemistry between Oliver and Diggle, for crikey's sake.

Now that you mention it, if they had hooked up it would have made more sense.

Now that Mama Queen is locked up and Walter is gone, there aren't many mundane characters left. Laurel, Thea, and Roy are all moving toward becoming part of Ollie's entourage, and Detective Lance was looking to catch the Hood.

So what happens now? Does Ollie try to become a wise cracking superhero like the comic book version? I just don't see the character moving in that direction.

So what happens now? Does Ollie try to become a wise cracking superhero like the comic book version? I just don't see the character moving in that direction.

Hmmmm...you know, I never noticed that they essentially have sucked any of the humor out of Green Arrow...

Of course, Ollie will take over the company and still try to right the wrongs of the city at night...though I expect there will be a shift to more of the comic book style villans coming forward, though the decidely un-powered ones for now.

Well then. I guess it's us to Crixus to save the season! ^_^

I did guess that wrong. I expected that Deathstroke would appear in Starling City in the finale and there'd be this reveal of Crixus as a bad guy facing off against Oliver, making the audience wonder what else happened on the island to bring such a thing to pass...

There will be two big bads next season. I think one will be the woman who Fyers was working for and the second will be Deathstroke. They'll simultaneously tell the story of how Ollie became what he is (which they've started) and how Slade Wilson descended into villainy. That's what I think anyway.

Well I guess it is back to contact lense commercials for him.

Now that you mention it, if they had hooked up it would have made more sense.

Felicty and Diggle have more, but she is ga ga for Oli.

• 2 months later...

I'm just glad Crixus will be in for another season at least. Gotta support the home town boy. I just wish he wan;t pretending to be an Aussie. Then again there are almost as many Maori in Aussie as there are here in NZ, so a Maori-Aussie spec ops dude is not unrealistic.

Now correct me if I'm wrong: Deathstroke is going to be in Batman Arkham Origins (the game) isn't he?

The Flash will appear in season 2. http://tv.yahoo.com/...-174213001.html

I wonder how this will affect the Justice League movie. If CW and Warner Bros make a deal, and if the character they put in the show is good, may they can forego an introduction movie for the Flash.

So there'll be a guy who runs at least as fast as the speed of sound....and a guy who shoots arrows.

Nice to see Ollie will be irrelevant to his on show by season 3.

The Flash will appear in season 2. http://tv.yahoo.com/...-174213001.html

I wonder how this will affect the Justice League movie. If CW and Warner Bros make a deal, and if the character they put in the show is good, may they can forego an introduction movie for the Flash.

That will be interesting, especially given how the series has been superhero-lite (powerwise) up until this hypothetical point.

So there'll be a guy who runs at least as fast as the speed of sound....and a guy who shoots arrows.

Nice to see Ollie will be irrelevant to his on show by season 3.

Ollie (and Bruce Wayne for that matter) has always remained relevant in a world that includes Superman, Wonder Woman, the Green Martian, Green Lantern, etc.

Here's more info on the Flash situation. In a nutshell, they're planning on giving him his classic costume...but, they're vague about the power situation. They say it'll fit in their grounded universe...but, I'm not seeing anything in their explanation that hints at grounded super speed abilities -- just grounded reactions to having super powers...? I always figured Arrow's stance on super powers would become increasingly more flexible -- to the point of being non-existent -- as the seasons went on.

http://www.comicbook...s/news/?a=84549

Also, here's the sizzle reel from Comic Con, featuring Black Canary -- who isn't Laurel.

Apparently, they're going to use the same scenario they've used repeatedly already. Just like Yao was The Hood before Ollie, and there's a Deathstroke before the Slade Deathstroke, there's going to be a Black Canary before the Laurel Black Canary -- I figure that will start to get old if they do it for every character.

And, it was just revealed that this Black Canary will be...

Laurel's sister, Sara.

Ollie (and Bruce Wayne for that matter) has always remained relevant in a world that includes Superman, Wonder Woman, the Green Martian, Green Lantern, etc.

That works in the comics, where Zoom never decides to punch Batman's face into mac and cheese.

But it's going to be weird if a speedster can't take on all of Ollie's villains, or if Flash's villains never figure out that they can at least kill Arrow with ease.

• 1 month later...

With the news that Barry Allen has been cast and that it is setting up for a potential Flash spin off; has there been any more word on whether this universe is the same as Man of Steel?

Is the kid from Glee ready to be in the Justice League?

I read it somewhere recently and it sounded pretty official. Think it was around the comic-con period. That said it may have been speculation but it sounded as though Arrow would be used to try and launch "risky" properties from DC and then use them in Justice League. Sort of the reverse of Marvel's SHIELD in a sense. To be fair, DC has done a great job with Arrow and the characters popping up there so far. My only issue is that from what I've seen of the show (16 episodes) there has been absolutely no sign of anything super in the characters/world. It's part of what i like about the show and I have to admit to being a bit concerned about the tone of the show once the Flash opens the floodgates,

It should be easy to establish they are in the same universe though as it only takes a line about "what happened in metropolis" over the summer.

I also hope the thread title isn't a spoiler!

I read it somewhere recently and it sounded pretty official. Think it was around the comic-con period. That said it may have been speculation but it sounded as though Arrow would be used to try and launch "risky" properties from DC and then use them in Justice League. Sort of the reverse of Marvel's SHIELD in a sense. To be fair, DC has done a great job with Arrow and the characters popping up there so far. My only issue is that from what I've seen of the show (16 episodes) there has been absolutely no sign of anything super in the characters/world. It's part of what i like about the show and I have to admit to being a bit concerned about the tone of the show once the Flash opens the floodgates,

It should be easy to establish they are in the same universe though as it only takes a line about "what happened in metropolis" over the summer.

I also hope the thread title isn't a spoiler!

From what I understand there was a mention of Hal Jordan's plane. The one that Fiers was trying to shoot down in the island flashbacks.

From what I understand there was a mention of Hal Jordan's plane. The one that Fiers was trying to shoot down in the island flashbacks.

That's a good catch. I could actually see a Green Lantern tv show working. Space-cops rather than street level crime fighter though. It's not like we're going to see a green lantern film again any time soon.

I like Arrow although I don't think that it's anything special. Personally, I only really stuck around for the flashbacks (Manu Bennett for the win!), those were really well done, the rest is 'meh' at best.

Though I don't bear any ill will to Laurel, it is horribly obvious that there is no spark between Oliver and Laurel. Whereas Felicity practically bounces off of him (in a very entertaining way). Heck, there's more chemistry between Oliver and Diggle, for crikey's sake.

And I know it sounds cynical, and I will miss Tommy, but my first thought when he died was that Colin Donnell either got a movie deal, or his agent asked for too much money during contract negotiations. He was the only one who seemed emotionally invested in the whole 'love triangle' thing. Ah well. RIP Tommy.

Now you mention it that did bother me a lot. Olly and Laurel are supposed to be attracted to each other and all but there is nothing there, no chemistry whatsoever. I hope they pair him off with Felicity, she was funny as hell and they indeed had chemistry.

I also hope they replace the sisters boyfriend. I understand that he's supposed to evolve in some sort of sidekick to Oliver, but he's an awful actor. No credible emotion whatsoever, even though his character has to deal with a lot of shit.

I think someone mentioned it in the first thread too...

They've also established Bludhaven, Coast City (or was it Keystone?), and at least one other item which eludes my memory at the moment...

And they have to expand to the idea of potters, don't they? If only to give the works at large a bigger feel, right? And while not powers per say, that Deadshot was given that cybernetic eye is the thin edge of a wedge in something greater don't you think?

I think someone mentioned it in the first thread too...

They've also established Bludhaven, Coast City (or was it Keystone?), and at least one other item which eludes my memory at the moment...

And they have to expand to the idea of potters, don't they? If only to give the works at large a bigger feel, right? And while not powers per say, that Deadshot was given that cybernetic eye is the thin edge of a wedge in something greater don't you think?

Coast city was where the cop went to get her physio.

Archived