Children and Same Sex Couples

Whitestripe

Left over curried sausages for breakfast is actually literally the best thing in the world. Even better than anal sex.

I don't know. Terra's absolutely poetic description of anal sex has me rethinking my "only on special holidays or if I'm drunk" stance.

It's actually a good idea to cut out breakfast foods altogether. Most of it is very high-glycemic or high in fat and cholesterol. Also, there aren't many vegetables involved. So imitate Asian cultures and have leftover stir-fry or soup for breakfast. You won't feel weighed down by eggs & sausage, or get a blood-sugar crash from a high-glycemic cereal.

And anal sex is great. Everybody should receive it at least once- it feels good and it's the great equalizer - male, female, or in between, we all have anuses, don't we?

ETA: RE: PDA in front of the kids, as long as what's going on couldn't be characterized as "foreplay" I think kids should be fine seeing affection between people who love each other.

Thanks guys. Let me be clear about this to anyone who missed it the first time: I don't think it's a big deal. Obviously, if I had a problem, I wouldn't be sharing a house for a week with a gay couple. (Among others) I'm NOT expecting to discover my friends having sex in the pool, but they will be sharing a room. I am sure that they will probably want to snuggle on the couch to watch TV, give each other quick kisses good morning or good night, etc. That, to me, is appropriate.

Most of the gay couples I know refrain from PDA's (except for in fun pubs), even the most innocent little signs of affection. I guess to avoid negative reactions? But even my brother who comes round for sunday lunch with his bf every week I have never seen them so much as hold hands. I think it's kind of a shame.

I once had an awkward question from a friends child, who asked me why my brother and his partner don't kiss, if they love eachother, and I found that harder to explain than the opposite.

(Sorry to derail the thread from the discussion of breakfast and anal sex :) )

To be honest I don't see how explaining two gay people holding hands, kissing or even having sex to kids would be anymore difficult than explaining the same activites of a heterosexual couple. Kids as far as I'm aware don't have preconceived ideas about this sort of thing, how would they believe that a gay couple kissing was in any way wrong or unnatural if they hadn't been told it was? Maybe I'm overly ignorant about how a child's mind works but I don't see it being an issue. If it's the first time they've seen two men or two women being affectionate with one another sure they might ask a question, but "They love each other just like mom and dad." seems to me like it should be a fine response :shrug:.

We're all ignoring the big issue from Foxtrot's post. What is wrong with breakfast for dinner? French toast, waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, homefries, they all taste wonderfuly. Does eating them in the evening spoil their flavor?

Seriously man, Brinner is the best.

It surprises me not one bit that you think a person's wit resides in his/her father's semen, though it does give one great trepidation in contemplating your opinion about the origin of one's intellect. Some questions are best left unanswered, indeed.

And I don't know why you would want to use this presumed insult anyway, since it's biologically wrong and it appeals to one's low opinion on anal intercourse. As an ardent and seasoned practitioner of the finer form of fornication from the fanny, I assure you I harbor no such distaste for cruising the Hershey highway astride the one-eyed snake. You should join me, for laying beyond the gate guarded by the earthy chocolate starfish is the warm velveteen embrace that strokes, most exquisitely, like Leda's feather on Zeus' bearded face, the hardened resolve of self. Plus, if you were right about the source of wit, you might just absorb some much needed extra to fortify your deficiency in the area from my not-to-be child.

This might be my favorite post ever :lol:

Most of the gay couples I know refrain from PDA's (except for in fun pubs), even the most innocent little signs of affection. I guess to avoid negative reactions? But even my brother who comes round for sunday lunch with his bf every week I have never seen them so much as hold hands. I think it's kind of a shame.

I once had an awkward question from a friends child, who asked me why my brother and his partner don't kiss, if they love eachother, and I found that harder to explain than the opposite.

(Sorry to derail the thread from the discussion of breakfast and anal sex :) )

Sometimes I will hold hands or have a PDA with my gf but usually not because some people have a habit of looking at you either intrigued or creepily which makes me feel uncomfortable so I usually refrain too.

I'm sorry, I gotta put my foot down on this one.

If you're having anal sex with breakfast food, you are into some pretty kinky shit. I'm not saying "wrong", but I'm certainly not sharing my oatmeal with you. And you damn well better leave my sausage alone. You can have the bacon though.

I'm sorry, I gotta put my foot down on this one.

If you're having anal sex with breakfast food, you are into some pretty kinky shit. I'm not saying "wrong", but I'm certainly not sharing my oatmeal with you. And you damn well better leave my sausage alone. You can have the bacon though.

Wouldn't having sex with breakfast meat be bestiality and necrophilia?

ETA: This forum usually tries to steer clear of these topics, but you found a stealth way of bringing them up. Nice try, Greywolf.

Also, a man fucking another man isn't normal. However, neither is heterosexual anal sex or eating breakfast for dinner, but people do that shit all the time. Pipe down and stop looking for a place to practice your gay white knight routine.

I'm sure you've already been lambasted for a good deal of the rest of this thread, but a man 'fucking' another man is perfectly normal if you're gay, it's not something people go and choose you know.

And I don't know why you would want to use this presumed insult anyway, since it's biologically wrong and it appeals to one's low opinion on anal intercourse. As an ardent and seasoned practitioner of the finer form of fornication from the fanny, I assure you I harbor no such distaste for cruising the Hershey highway astride the one-eyed snake. You should join me, for laying beyond the gate guarded by the earthy chocolate starfish is the warm velveteen embrace that strokes, most exquisitely, like Leda's feather on Zeus' bearded face, the hardened resolve of self. Plus, if you were right about the source of wit, you might just absorb some much needed extra to fortify your deficiency in the area from my not-to-be child.

Not trying to enter the fray, and I hope Foxtrot reforms and sticks around....but I must say this is incredible.

Can we get this stickied somewhere?

Re: Mya

I don't know. Terra's absolutely poetic description of anal sex has me rethinking my "only on special holidays or if I'm drunk" stance.

Doooooo eeeeeet. Doooooo eeeeeet. Do it. You know Dushku would.

(No, dub didn't pay me to say that. Not in cash, anyways.)

Re: Naz

Don't you think it's sticky enough?

Astute, as ever.

Lewis Black identified the problems posed to society and the fragile minds of children by shameless gay men and their irresponsible gay sexing.

The "gay bandidos" bit I'm referring to starts at about 4 minutes in, but the whole thing is worth watching...

Is it really sad that I am already wondering when I'll have time to update my iPod and put actual playlists on it instead of my usual lazy habit of just having everything on shuffle?

That's an abomination. If God had intended music to come at random relations to other, She would never have allowed humans to invent the concept of an "album."

The "gay bandidos" bit I'm referring to starts at about 4 minutes in, but the whole thing is worth watching...

That is one of my all-time favorite standup bits. "AND ANOTHER AMERICAN FAMILY IS DESTROYED!"

Lol! I'm all about the free love, sweetie.

But I am worried about what somebody might think to have Depeche Mode and Rob Zombie hanging out together. What do I tell the children about cross genres?

But I am worried about what somebody might think to have Depeche Mode and Rob Zombie hanging out together. What do I tell the children about cross genres?

"Any genre you choose is fine and we'll love you and support you, except dubstep. Stay away from those deviants."

If you want to hate me, at least hate me for something I actually said, not something you assume I meant.

Also, a man fucking another man isn't normal. However, neither is heterosexual anal sex or eating breakfast for dinner, but people do that shit all the time. Pipe down and stop looking for a place to practice your gay white knight routine.

I understood the question and put forth my method for handling a situation like this. My answer did not fit into the close-ended format of the question, but it is still a valid submittal.

I feel the need to ask my own question now: why does what I said make me a bad person? I made no attempts to ostracize or convert any gay person from their lifestyle, which is widely accepted and defended. But I put forth my own lifestyle choices of what I believe to be proper and acceptable and give solicited advice about how I handle similar situations around my kid and people act like I'm the devil...

@Sci-2: You're right, my bad.

@TerraPrime: Fuck off with your toxic mark bullshit. It's an opinion I have, not a disease. My opinion is as valid as yours and I belong here as much as you.

@everyone: think about the hypocrisy of telling a man he's wrong and terrible for having his own beliefs just because you assume he's a man that would tell the LBGT community that they are wrong and terrible for having their own beliefs.

@Stubby: I really do understand what Sci-2 was getting at, so PM me about your overly defensive and assumptive rant, one topic at a time, if possible. Thanks.

The fact that the single most rude and stubbornly hardheaded person in this thread is a moderator blows my mind. Ban me if it's all you got, but you can take your "friendly reminder" and shove it up your mother's fartbox, where your dad must have spilled the best part of your wits.

No, no retraction. I stand by the fact that explaining two men (or two women, that should have been in the other post) kissing would be harder than explaining a heterosexual couple kissing. But I would be equally perturbed at any of the three situations because, as I keep saying, this stuff doesn't belong in public IMO. Is that what all the hate is about? Can everyone chill now or am I still a monster for thinking you can love someone without being all over them in a public space?

What? This is exactly what I've been saying since the beginning. I've made it very clear that my opinion was based on what is appropriate public behavior (not sexual orientation) over and over again, but still receive more useless drivel from the same people about a straw man they have been building since page one.

Archived