NFL 2013 Preseason: When it almost counts

DanteGabriel

I'm seriously thinking the Jets should go with Simms at this point. I know he was playing against the Eagles 3rd string defense, but he was playing with the Jets 3rd string offense and looked significantly better than Sanchez or Smith has with the starters. I doubt he'll be that good, but at least he's an unknown quantity, with the chance that he might be okay.

And going 33/44 far shows better accuracy than either the other two; not sure they could hit that in drills at this point. And the 7 sacks were mostly a product of an absolutely horrible backup O-line.

It's a Cinderella story...kid outta nowhere...the crowd is on its feet... :D

I'm seriously thinking the Jets should go with Simms at this point. I know he was playing against the Eagles 3rd string defense, but he was playing with the Jets 3rd string offense and looked significantly better than Sanchez or Smith has with the starters. I doubt he'll be that good, but at least he's an unknown quantity, with the chance that he might be okay.

And going 33/44 far shows better accuracy than either the other two; not sure they could hit that in drills at this point. And the 7 sacks were mostly a product of an absolutely horrible backup O-line.

It's a Cinderella story...kid outta nowhere...the crowd is on its feet... :D

I was a big Sanchez supporter early on. I know he regressed in year three, but I figured it was a product of all the injuries they suffered that year. Last year sealed the deal for me. Also, his preseason has been piss poor. Geno Smith looked ATROCIOUS!!! I really wanted him to succeed since a lot of rookies did last year. But, he clearly isn't ready yet. Perhaps the Jets should just go with Simms and McElroy and see what they have. We all know they won't make the playoffs this year, and they are in the rebuilding phase. Why not?

I was a big Sanchez supporter early on. I know he regressed in year three, but I figured it was a product of all the injuries they suffered that year. Last year sealed the deal for me. Also, his preseason has been piss poor. Geno Smith looked ATROCIOUS!!! I really wanted him to succeed since a lot of rookies did last year. But, he clearly isn't ready yet. Perhaps the Jets should just go with Simms and McElroy and see what they have. We all know they won't make the playoffs this year, and they are in the rebuilding phase. Why not?

Clowning for Clowney?

The Jets QB situation is bad, but it is 100000 times better than the Raiders. This could be a meltdown type of year with everybody just giving up.

Yup. My buddy, who is a die-hard Raiders fan, predicted 4 wins if everything falls into place for them. Haha, yikes. It's gonna be a long, ugly year. I'm just glad the Gmen play them this year.

Yup. My buddy, who is a die-hard Raiders fan, predicted 4 wins if everything falls into place for them. Haha, yikes. It's gonna be a long, ugly year. I'm just glad the Gmen play them this year.

You know your team blows if "everything falling into place for them" equals 4 wins lol.

I gotta ask, if everything falls into place for the Jets, where do you guys have them? Because 4 wins sounds about right...

With that said, I actually do think Oakland is a little worse, but I think McFadden is probably the best offensive skill player on either team.

I'm not looking forward to Rex being fired. For all of his bluster and ridiculousness, I think that he's one of the best motivators and gameplanning (on defense) HC's in the league. And while he's got a fair stake in the blame of what happened in NY, I feel that a lot of stuff happened that was out of his control. I hope he learns some shit from this awful past few years and gets another opportunity in the league. Also; Jimmy Clauson gets cut by Panthers, could he be the next Bills starting QB?

Even more surprising, the Packers cut Vince Young, even though they also cut Graham Harrell, which means they're going to be running out a practice squad backup, I think.

The more we see of Vince Young, the less respect I have for UT - okay, I have no respect for UT football, but the more justified I feel in that opinion. The man is just plain not very smart. Can't learn an offense.

The more we see of Vince Young, the less respect I have for UT - okay, I have no respect for UT football, but the more justified I feel in that opinion. The man is just plain not very smart. Can't learn an offense.

That's not really fair to pass that off for the whole football program. Vince was just so immensely talented that at that level he could make up for lack of study. It worked well for a while in Tennessee as well, because all Vince did there was win.

The guy that replaced him just happened to have a tremendous football IQ by the way. Colt McCoy had none of the physical talents, but is to this day one of the most savvy QBs in the league. I know his job is in jeopardy as well, but the only reason he is keeping it now is because he is smart.

He won a championship there, that's all Texas cares about.

Archived