Better Call Saul -- Breaking Bad spin-off confirmed

Francis Buck

I enjoyed it. I think it's going to work better than I'd hoped.

Good start. I wonder how they will keep the tension since we know what is going to happen to Saul.

We don't know what happens to Saul after the events of breaking bad and from the intro I get the feeling the show won't always be set in the past. Plus you can get tension still eg "how does he get out of that bind". We know he does but not how or whether the two kids do. That's still tension as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just upset that Bill Burr isn't in the cast on IMDB.... and no Huel!!!!!!

It'll be good to get these guys at some point. We're already seeing how Saul started down the path for Bill Burr's character.

I enjoyed it. Didn't grab me from the beginning but it definitely picked up towards the end, and looks like it'll be an interesting show.

I'll laugh if Tuco becomes one of Saul's clients the same way Walter and Jesse did, by taking him out into the desert and threatening to kill him.

I almost missed the last 15 min. It was 11 and Talking Dead popped up. My sister-in-law left, my wife and I almost shut off the tv. Then, it was on again.

Glad I didn't miss it.

As much as I like the slow stuff, there was no reason for this to be 1h15m.

I wonder how long before everyone from BB has a cameo. Saul bumps into Walt before he's diagnosed with cancer. Almost runs over Jesse, who's running from the cops. Eats chicken at Los Pollos Hermanos. Hopefully not. I'd like to see this show rise out of BB's shadow, not just attempt to fill that hole with familiar surroundings.

I anticipated a slow start, IMO Breaking Bad had a very slow start as well.

The ending made up for it, that surprised all that were watching with me, and everyone pretty much had the same reaction. "YES!"

Very good opening episode, I agree the last 15 minutes were fantastic.

Of course, I don't have AMC, so I'll be watching it whenever it shows up on Netflix.

Turns out, AMC puts their episodes online for 30 days, so I saw it (although, its the exact same commercials each break, which gets maddening). It was slow, but that was my common issue with Breaking Bad as well, so nothing new there. I thought it was really good though. I'll keep watching. I wonder if there will be a bit with Cinnabon Saul at the start every episode, slowly advancing a story there as well; or if that was a one time thing.

Also, don't forget, the second episode is actually TONIGHT. And then its regularly airdate after that is on Mondays.

so Saul thought the car belonged to the treasurer's wife because it was in their driveway, but it actually belonged to their maid?

Or there was another pee-brown station wagon on the same street. I thought we saw the wife get in the car at the house?

That was really good.

I was extremely skeptical, this being a spin-off and all, but I can't express how much I enjoyed it. Especially the opening scenes with the homage to Nebraska, and the other callbacks to Breaking Bad, minor or major, made it an emotional ride. Seeing Mike and even more so, Tuco, made me nostalgic and kind of filled the void that Breaking Bad left behind, which I didn't even know existed. All in all, it was a great pilot, I can't wait for the new episode tonight.

And I've also got a couple of questions:

Was the cop in the courtroom Huell?

What's wrong with Chuck? I didn't get that at all, made me feel really stupid.

That was really good.

What's wrong with Chuck? I didn't get that at all, made me feel really stupid.

You weren't the only one. My guess was he'd had some nervous breakdown or he was suffering from some form of dementia. It seemed he was in denial about somethings and I wasn't 100% sure why they weren't using electricity?

I'm surprised at the negative reaction to the start of the episode. I really didn't have an issue with it - I certainly wasn't bored. I guess I wasn't ecstatic but some shows can maybe get away with this. I mean there's going to be a lot of people giving this at least an episode to impress them if they liked BB.

He seems to think he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity. That's not an accepted medical condition and only exists based on self-reported claims. But I'm not clear if that means he's had some sort of breakdown and thinks he has that, or if the writers made a mistake and thought the evidence of that condition existing was stronger than it actually is.

You weren't the only one. My guess was he'd had some nervous breakdown or he was suffering from some form of dementia. It seemed he was in denial about somethings and I wasn't 100% sure why they weren't using electricity

Chuck have developed an 'over-sensitivity' to electricity. He believe that he's allergic to electric and/or magnetic pulses.

Archived