Better Call Saul -- Breaking Bad spin-off confirmed

Francis Buck

I enjoyed the pilot, but it wasn't enough to get me hooked. I liked Saul in BB, but he wasn't one of my favourites, so maybe that's why I'm not too hyped to see more of his story. I will definitely continue watching though. I'm also hoping for a lot more flashforwards, it would be really swell to see news reports etc of what went down in the BB finale.

Chuck have developed an 'over-sensitivity' to electricity. He believe that he's allergic to electric and/or magnetic pulses.

Ok, so he's definitely had a breakdown of some sort. That or he has a really cheap pacemaker.

I enjoyed it and can't wait to see what direction they take it. Thought it was a little cheesy the way the shoved Tuco in there though

I was really hoping it was going to be Gus but I think I prefer the surprise of Tuco more as it mirrors Breaking Bad quite nicely.

That opening was depressing as hell though. That's the 2nd time he's hit rock bottom. Is there any chance he could get out of that situation in Omaha and be back practicing? I wonder if they'll explore that possibility.

Or they could go full-on dark and disturbing, and have kind of a side-by-side montage to end the series. Walt walks into Saul's office, while present-day Saul offs himself. I really hope they find a way to make the 1st scenario a reality. These are two extremes anyway, but they have more than a few ways to approach this.

BCS is the biggest cable series premiere ever, hitting 6.9 million viewers last night. I wonder how many will forget about the 2nd episode.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/02/09/the-walking-dead-returns-to-15-6-million-viewers-better-call-saul-is-biggest-series-premiere-in-cable-history/361195/

BCS is the biggest cable series premiere ever, hitting 6.9 million viewers last night. I wonder how many will forget about the 2nd episode.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/02/09/the-walking-dead-returns-to-15-6-million-viewers-better-call-saul-is-biggest-series-premiere-in-cable-history/361195/

I wonder how much of that has to do with TWD.

I wasn't expecting to laugh during that negotiation with Tuco, but I did (not so much the broken leg bit). This show seems to have that special sauce, and is likely a keeper. This episode was solid again.

Also Nacho happens to be played by Michael Mando, who also played Vaas in Far Cry 3. I'd love to see him show some range, as Vaas was an awesome villain. Here's a short live action FC3-like film starring Vaas and Christopher Mintz-Plasse:

-Pilot was pretty good, Still not sold on Saul being able to carry a show but we will see. I actually liked the first scene, Saul watching his old commercial tapes was hilariously depressing and an episode highlight imo along side the kids video tape being played in the court room :lol:

-Wasn't sure about Tucos appearance at the end of episode one (it felt kinda forced) but I ended up really liking how it all played out in episode two. Tuco talking about all the different kind of punishments was hilarious and Saul talking him down to just leg breaking was a perfect moment.

-The cinematography in the first two episodes was great,The show really makes me want to rewatch Breaking Bad which I've only seen the one time.

-Needs more Mike

I had my doubts about this spin off but those have been put to rest. The pilot started off slowly but had a strong finish. The second episode was really good and I am officially hooked. Cinematography has been excellent, which is unsurprising. I think that the suspense factor of the show will be just fine even though we know where Saul ends up. The opening sequence tells me that the conclusion of the show will take place beyond the timeline of BB. Perhaps we will get some titbits as to what happens after the conclusion of BB; like whether Walt Jr does get the money and the fate of Pinkman.

Archived