Board Issues 3

Datepalm

Hello, I've been having trouble for a last week trying to enter your page from MacBook. The problem is, in the end of page downloading, the left-side header image (a tower with the torch) gets placed on top of everything and all the rest of the page gets inactive. Is anything wrong with the settings in my Firefox? or with pre-defined formatting? Could someone give me advice on how do I fix that? Sorry for being this stupid, I'm a newby with Apple computers.

Well, it may have come from our new advertiser, I admit. Not sure. Was there any information that might help identify it?

I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention. If I don't recognize it, I usually just delete it, but, if it pops up again, I'll take note and let you know.

But, good to know on the new advertiser and congratulations on growing the forum. :thumbsup:

That's very, very odd.

Anyone else on a MacBook with similar issues?

EstEst, have you tried clearing your cache?

I'm on a macbook pro, no problems here

Not sure if it's a "problem," but, I had a pop-up survey that supposedly was in regards to this forum, and was wondering if it originated from the forum, or not?

I didn't click on it to take the survey, so if it did come from the forum, sorry.

Well, it may have come from our new advertiser, I admit. Not sure. Was there any information that might help identify it?

Thanks all for the help! I thought it could be due to the new advertisement and downloaded the ad-blocker. Everything is okay now.

That doesn't really solve anything on our end. Did you try clearing your cache, first?

Yes, started from that. Didn't work. Then I looked on the page source, tried to remember what changed since the last time it worked. I found two new panels with advertisement, left side (covered the links "The latest news") and at the bottom of the page. They popped up after most of the page had downloaded, but before the background image (with a tower). When the tower image appeared, after the ad, it was shifted to the right and to the front of the page. That's what caused a problem and blocked the access to the page content. I could manually delete the ad panels, but I had to do that every time the page downloaded. Now both ads are blocked by a blocker and the page works.

I can't link anymore. At first I thought the latest Windows update screwed something up, but I can paste and link in Facebook without any problems. If I highlight something I want to post, using Ctrl C, then try to paste using Ctrl V, nothing happens. Or if I use the link button, a link box that is different from the one I am used to shows up and doesn't work. I can't close the box or cancel. I have to exit Westeros to get rid of the box.

Anyone else having this problem?

This just started a few days ago.

Several problems:

can't quote or see, who has been quoted by a poster

can't use smileys (they are simply not there, also no "more reply options"

no drop down menu at my profile (so no: "Content I follow", no "My content" ect.)

Notifications I get are not marked as read, the always show up again until I delete them

The only thing I changed was my avatar this morning.

Archived