Board Issues 3

Datepalm

Does it lose your old password when they send you a new one. I can log in with the one sent by email but I can't save a new password. I don't want to have to request a new password every time I want to come to the boards. This is on 3 different computers and 3 different browsers. I highly doubt it's on my end (3 separate networks, internet connections as well).

Does it lose your old password when they send you a new one. I can log in with the one sent by email but I can't save a new password. I don't want to have to request a new password every time I want to come to the boards. This is on 3 different computers and 3 different browsers. I highly doubt it's on my end (3 separate networks, internet connections as well).

That's exactly what was happening to me (and others) yesterday. But today, my old password (which didn't work yesterday) started working again. I had a couple temporary passwords sent to me yesterday and was still able to get back on with my old password today, for what it's worth.

Okay... it seems then that this was definitely a bug.

What I found was that everyone's password salt -- part of the two-part encryption process on passwords -- had become blank, when usually it's a set of four random characters. I think this led IPB to not knowing how to interpret passwords.

I repaired this by filling in a random salt for everyone, which should have necessitated the resetting of passwords.

But it seems like in many cases, efforts to get the password recovered led to a proper salt being formed for the original password...

Which means for many people, it should work to just use the old password.

This is all quite confusing. Will be contacting IPB about this issue, since it's the second time we've had something like it which suggests some very weird but definitely reproducable bug in the software.

Had an issue trying to sign in today. I have my username and password saved so it signs me in automatically, but when I went to post in a thread it said I had to sign in. So I tried to sign in and it was saying my password was incorrect, but I was using the password that was saved in my "Passwords" tab through Safari. Ended up having to retrieve a new password from the site. Not sure if it was something I did wrong or what, just thought I'd mention it.

I haven't been able to log in for a few days now (hence the House Martell "2"), I try to reset my password but I never get an e-mail, when I made this "new" account it said my original e-mail was already in use, so they have it...

Same thing happened to me.

Hasn't been able to what... ?I do know there's an update available, but I didn't know it broke functionality.

sorry, blame the android keyboard, and my lack of proof reading.

My tapatalk can't even find the board at the moment, so I'm posting on the mobile unfriendly version. Given which, it's not a huge deal, just a "heads up"

The error message I get is "this community is currently not available on tapatalk (error 404)"

I'm unable to use quote or multi quote functionality. Multiquote will indicate the number of quotes I am attempting to use, but when I go to respond the "reply to topic" entry box is blank. Same thing for the direct quote function as well.

I can type out the [ quote] & [ /quote] and have those work, just not by clicking the two quoting buttons.

Good morning! At least in SE Asia :) ! I've problem signing in with my old account (mini ghost) and tried a dozen times the forget password link. I had to create a new user name but I like my old user name. Can you please restore it? Thank you.

I was scrolling down a thread (iPad, Chrome) when this popped up. It's possible that I accidentally opened an ad at the side of the screen or something (there's a similar, but cropped down image permanently at the bottom of my screen where an ad normally is), or it just popped out of nowhere.

Edit: It was definitely the ad.

Archived