NFL week 6: Keenum era is almost upon us

trickster

Seems like both JPP and Pepppers are just shadows of their former selves. Couple of years ago they will be all over the field. This game, I was not even sure they were playing.

If the Giants get the ball back, Eli will get the chance to chuck another INT.

ETA, not getting it back I think.

ETA2: Manning face!

I watched the Louisville Rutgers game, and honestly, I wouldn't take Bridgewater with the the top pick. I think the Jags should take Clowney, or trade the pick for a boatload more, and then try to get Jameis Winston in '15, who I do believe is worthy of a number 1 overall pick.

Wow, has Brandon Marshall always been this charismatic? I've loved his game since he came in the league, but I didn't know much about him off the field. Sure, it's in front of cameras and all, but he seems really nice/cool.

Good game tonight...

I think that in the long term, the Bears are going to really regret getting rid of Lovie Smith and Rob Marinelle by proxy. Even with all of the injuries, I can't imagine them fielding a defence that plays this poorly. I know that they are at the top of the division for now, but I just don't think that they are going to be able to stay there against a resurgent Green Bay and a Detroit team when Calvin Johnson gets back.

Another thought is this, if we absolutely have to have fantasy football screwed up, and another week night invested in football, can we get Mike Mayock fired? He is by far my least favorite announcer. I have to listen to his ridiculously stupid opinions during the draft every year, and now I have to listen to his asinine comments every week. Eli threw a duck at the end of the game tonight, and the first thing that came out of his mouth was that was not his fault. Who's fault was it then? I think that he prefers receivers that have the ability to levitate because all I ever hear from his mouth is "You have to catch that ball."

The other night, Dan Fouts was calling a game on the NFL network, and he was infinitely preferable.

Another thought is this, if we absolutely have to have fantasy football screwed up, and another week night invested in football, can we get Mike Mayock fired? He is by far my least favorite announcer. I have to listen to his ridiculously stupid opinions during the draft every year, and now I have to listen to his asinine comments every week. Eli threw a duck at the end of the game tonight, and the first thing that came out of his mouth was that was not his fault. Who's fault was it then? I think that he prefers receivers that have the ability to levitate because all I ever hear from his mouth is "You have to catch that ball."

The other night, Dan Fouts was calling a game on the NFL network, and he was infinitely preferable.

Bring back Howard David and Matt Millen!

That's a pretty strong opinion, and to each his own. But I like the Thursday night duo, in fact I think they're better than everyone except Al Michaels. Mayock's draft insights are also pretty good (a little too informative, but still good). That said I'm a more casual follower in that area, so I wouldn't know better.

That's a pretty strong opinion, and to each his own. But I like the Thursday night duo, in fact I think they're better than everyone except Al Michaels. Mayock's draft insights are also pretty good (a little too informative, but still good). That said I'm a more casual follower in that area, so I wouldn't know better.

Mike Mayock is great at selling his draft predictions... They very rarely are correct, even more so than the rest of the world who misses on so many prospects. One would do better letting a monkey throw a dart at your draftboard than listening to his opinion.

Good game tonight...

I think that in the long term, the Bears are going to really regret getting rid of Lovie Smith and Rob Marinelle by proxy. Even with all of the injuries, I can't imagine them fielding a defence that plays this poorly. I know that they are at the top of the division for now, but I just don't think that they are going to be able to stay there against a resurgent Green Bay and a Detroit team when Calvin Johnson gets back..

The defense is done. They'll get some turnovers but be a sieve in the running and passing game. My wish for last year is that they retained Lovie for his final year under contract and hired Trestman as OC and heir apparent. I know his may sound lame or cliche but the defense seems to be playing without heart.

The offense will keep the team in games this year but almost every game is going to be a shoot out down to the wire. I haven't seen the defense protecting a lead yet.

Gonna need a lot of luck to make the playoffs

Eli Manning's poor season continued as the quarterback threw three more interceptions and his New York Giants fell to 0-6 with a 27-21 loss to the Chicago Bears. "I don't ever lose confidence," Manning said after the game as his cell phone blared out "Rocky Top." "Sorry," he said as he muted it. "Someone's trying to get a hold of me. Asshole. Anyway, as I was saying, I don't ever lose confidence as—" but Manning was interrupted as his cell phone began to ring out "Rocky Top" again. "I'm so sorry guys," Manning said. "Some jerk set a personal ring on this phone, and I don't know how to change it." Manning then turned from the podium and saw a new incoming text message: "should I let the jags win? then you guys can be the best at being bad. pick up ur phone and let me kno brah. ciao, pey2kpounds."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/77842/about-last-night-tigers-tame-the-as

:lmao:

I watched the Louisville Rutgers game, and honestly, I wouldn't take Bridgewater with the the top pick. I think the Jags should take Clowney, or trade the pick for a boatload more, and then try to get Jameis Winston in '15, who I do believe is worthy of a number 1 overall pick.

Very tough to base an entire career on one game that you happened to catch. Bridgewater wasn't perfect, but he shows traits that are #1 worthy. That being: great accuracy, strong arm, solid pocket presence and pocket mobility and ability to keep his eyes downfield while moving within the pocket. He does make questionable decisions at times as he fits balls into very tight windows but he is definitely a future #1 and I think any team that passes on him with that pick will regret it.

The only Giants games I've been able to see this season have been the season opener against Dallas and the first half of the Philly game. In both of them it looked like he was just out of rhythm and lacking consistently. The Giants could move the ball almost at will in both games, but then someone would run the wrong route, a pass would sail or a fumble would sabotage things. It very much looked to me like "having a bad game" not "the Giants are terrible". Terrible teams don't usually look like that; most pro teams are able to get turnovers under control after a bad game or two. I'll admit every Giants game I keep expecting them to pull out of it.

Now, the defense has been bad, which doesn't help at all. The Giants are a team that is built from the D line up, and at the moment they look toothless. When both the O line and D line are struggling, your team is going to suck. It is not terribly surprising (to me anyway) that Manning is similarly terrible.

Very tough to base an entire career on one game that you happened to catch. Bridgewater wasn't perfect, but he shows traits that are #1 worthy. That being: great accuracy, strong arm, solid pocket presence and pocket mobility. He does make questionable decisions at times but he is definitely a future #1 and I think any team that passes on him with that pick will regret it.

Yeah, he didn't look good in this game. But Louisville is having a serious injury bug problem with their receivers and a lot of the guys he's throwing to are new and may not be any good. It is hard to look great without guys you're used to. Now, a truly great prospect should be able to overcome that, but to some extent Bridgewater did, after all, they still won 24-10. I wouldn't say this game helped his draft stock much, but it doesn't really hurt it either. Hopefully his main guys will get healthy and he can get back to making plays.

That's just awful. Hope he pulls through without lifelong consequences.

It's nearly impossible in the NFL, even for the woeful Jags, to end up with the #1 pick two years in a row. Can't recall anyone but the expansion Browns achieving that. Too many people involved in the organization have too vested of an interest to not remain that terrible or they won't be there next year. Even if the Jags determine that Bridgewater isn't the guy, 2014 is one of the deeper, better QB draft classes we've had in recent years.

Speaking of which, I've seen some momentum building behind Tajh Boyd. Dude may not have prototypical size, but I'm starting to believe he has "it". Still a lot of time for everything to pan out, but any QB desperate franchise, I take a long look in that direction.

This is horrible on every level.

2 year old son of Adrian Peterson severely beaten.

That's almost making me physically ill - my stomach is feeling really tight right now.

Heard this morning that he was "dealing with something tragic" but hadn't seen what it was.

Archived