Paul Rudd is Antman!

trickster

You don't think he's a big deal? I mean he's a head honcho at Image, runs his own imprint and he must surely be the most successful in terms of wealth. It's true, his dialogue can be poor at times though.

Oh, he's a big deal in terms of starting up the Image writer's revolution, Tv work, etc but it's 95% Walking dead. Invincible was popular but never went major and those two books got him the Image gig and they are good books. But outside of Marvel Zombies (which you could argue was still walking dead themed) none of his Marvel books were hits. So someone finding his Marvel work to be crap is not a shock to me. Marvel has a relatively long history of making superhero comics for superhero comic fans and it's no surprise at all that a casual observer would (perhaps correctly) call them crap or confusing while a comic fan would be praising it.

If someone said BKV's "x-men" comic was shit I wouldn't interpret it as "comics are awful when one of the industry's most popular current writers' gets a bad review". I'd take it as "BKV isn't so good on non creator owned comics". I'd then urge them to try saga/Y Last Man/Pride of Baghdad. If they thought they were crap I'd be more worried (but secretly thinking the critic doesn't appreciate the medium)

A Spanish trailer has revealed a cameo. Obviously spoilers for who it is but no plot details. Link in spoiler tag.

That might be a point in favor of the rumored spoilers for the end credit scene above. :dunno:

So far, the trailers haven't been enough to get me into the theaters, where I've been excited and ready to go for all the other Marvel movies.

I'm hoping for a good movie, but will probably wait for the bluray (even though my kids are away this summer) unless people I trust (mostly you guys) tell me otherwise.

The Guardian has given it 2/5 in an early review. I don't know if this has spoilers as I haven't read it in full, but here you go anyway.

But then, I usually find that the Guardian are a bunch of miserable bastards when it comes to pretty much everything so that probably means nothing.

On the other hand, IGN liked it quite a lot. From their (spoiler-free) description, it sounds like they went a good direction in terms of Scott Lang's characterisation.

Quite polar reviews. Hopefully somewhere in the middle. Bleeding cool put it below GOTG and Avengers but above Winter Soldier. They praised it for being particularly wacky in places

Quite polar reviews. Hopefully somewhere in the middle. Bleeding cool put it below GOTG and Avengers but above Winter Soldier. They praised it for being particularly wacky in places

Did they say it was as 'wacky' as putting GOTG and The Avengers above Winter Soldier?

But Winter Soldier is better than GotG and the Avengers.

The reviewer instantly conceded he'd get flack for that. I guess the important thing is Ant Man is in the middle?

It sounds like it's in the upper groupings though. I'm still dubious.

People really enjoyed Winter Soldier more than The Avengers? It's a great standalone film, but it doesn't come close to beating an ensemble movie for me.

Winter Soldier is still the best of them all this far.

This sin;t really the place for it, but Winter Solider was more grounded, and a far tighter film than Avengers. The Avengers (which I still love) has more of a sense of building up to each set piece. Plus it really made me like Cap, something neither the previous films or the comics could achieve.

Zero expectations, so it'll probably be the funnest ever.

What if there's frontal nudity all over the place in this film but you can't see it because it's tiny-world nudity! The censors would be helpless to do anything about that!!!!! Yes. Screw them. Let's sneak all kinds of microscopic nudity past the censors. ..... (Yes.)

People really enjoyed Winter Soldier more than The Avengers? It's a great standalone film, but it doesn't come close to beating an ensemble movie for me.

These are the two movies I've pounded the most. I don't know which one is the most watched of the two at this point. Winter is more bland on the surface, so you never expect to be watching it yet again and still be so happy with it. It's just weird that way. They play that trumpet thing with the wonderful high note and you're entranced.

Archived