Penny Dreadful, Showtime's Victorian Horror Show

Sci-2

Ah, I understand what you meant now Knight of Ashes yes. Still, worth it just for Madam Kali's (dont know the actresses' name) acting, and the absolute scorn with which she delivered

Get that

bitch out of here

eta: enjoyed the waxworks stuff too. Frankenstein and his monster look set for a great season. Well, they all do actually. And i agree with Martini Sigil, great opener.

Frankenstein's almost necrophilia was helluva creepy btw

Agreed

Interested in how this Scotland Yard fellow knew there was a survivor at the wharf massacre, and what that means for Mr. Chandler (Josh Hartnett) this season

Also, was dying in the carriage ride scene between Vanessa & Ethan, wanted him to tell her what he was right there. And how did the witches know he was lycanthropic? Just cause they're witches??

I sincerely hope they don't pair Vanessa and Ethan off this season. I thought it was quite refreshing that their relationship was platonic but they obviously care about each other.

Hmm. Agreed, though I think it's a definite possibility. The witches called him her protector. I'm hoping they develop that bond between them, rather than make it a romantic/sexual relationship

I thought this was a really good opener. Lots of potential with Caliban at the wax museam, and Satan's witches seem terrifying. I loved the bit with Ethan and Frankenstein talking about the language and what its origins were.

I've only read a handful of reviews, but all of them suggested that folks that enjoyed season 1 should like this season more. I think we're getting ten episodes rather than eight this time too.

I thought this was a really good opener. Lots of potential with Caliban at the wax museam, and Satan's witches seem terrifying. I loved the bit with Ethan and Frankenstein talking about the language and what its origins were.

I've only read a handful of reviews, but all of them suggested that folks that enjoyed season 1 should like this season more. I think we're getting ten episodes rather than eight this time too.

Yeah it's 10 episodes.

Great episode!!!! Caliban is the best character on this show. I think him and that blind girl will start to fall in love and It looks like Frankenstein likes dead chicks. Did anyone else think of Tales From The Crypt when they showed that long shot through the witches house?

Holy crap.

The last scene from the 2nd ep was one of the most horrific things I've seen.

I know right! Madame Kali is one of the creepiest characters I've seen in some time. That scene was just.....:O :O :O

I thought the whole episode was really good. Especially liked the scene with Caliban and Vanessa.

Kind of feels like they still don't know what to do with Dorian though.

I thought this last episode was a little boring, it just seemed that nothing much was happening, probably just laying the ground and building up and stuff. But I did love the ending. Everything about that scene was beyond horrific and disturbing... A dead baby. Baby's corpse being mutilated. Hundreds of creep looking dolls. Realizing that for each doll probably is a murdered baby. An uneasy feeling that maybe one of them is going to blink. Realizing that they are voodoo dolls (which is so low and scummy in terms of evil doing).

I'm also lost as to the point of Dorian Gray in the show. First season he fucked half of the characters - that was his most valuable addition to the plot. Now maybe he will go to the dark side (witches, maybe?) because of his Vanessa delusion. I do like his character, I just think he could be more prominent and important since he is immortal and does have a pact with the devil.

I know right! Madame Kali is one of the creepiest characters I've seen in some time. That scene was just.....:O :O :O

I thought the whole episode was really good. Especially liked the scene with Caliban and Vanessa.

Kind of feels like they still don't know what to do with Dorian though.

It was a bit hard to remember the rest of the episode, but yeah, I did like the scene between Caliban and Vanessa too . I guess we're getting a kinder and gentler Sir Malcolm, but I'm not about to mock his efforts to find peace. It was rather touching to see these three characters make an effort at normalcy.

Vanessa and Frankenstein's Monster :bowdown: (what should we call him? John?)

Hmm, Dorian? Interesting to see where they will go with him. Hope it isnt just another season of him seeking pleasure in all ways he can. I'm thinking he might be used by the withes at some point.

:rofl: Mr. Lyle! :rofl: He is glorious.

Frankenstein and Lilly is really disturbing me. He wants to hope she DOESNT get her memory back.

The witch (when she was stalking them I mean) and the baby :uhoh: :eek: That was tense and disturbing. Seriously creeped me.out and made me feel decidedly uncomfortable :(

UK gets new episodes on a Tuesday btw. No worries though, I'll just make sure to stay away from this thread until then. We have just had E2

Edit:

That will teach me to post before the episode is over!

Didnt see the Lyle/Kali connection coming.

Kali and the baby was chilling. I was shivering, literally. Omg, it was hard to watch but...

They've dropped the ball with Dorian.

Because its clear from those short scenes what they will do with him? Spesk to me again when its a bit clearer what they are doing with him. He is obviously hung up on Vanessa, so I doubt he will remain so minor.a charscter for the entire season.

That will teach me to post before the episode is over!

Didnt see the Lyle/Kali connection coming.

Kali and the baby was chilling. I was shivering, literally. Omg, it was hard to watch but...

It felt like the babies' shouldered still trapped inside and all they could do was be witness to something that was done to them.

Has anybody red Sandman? Lyle kinda looks like Abel and Cain blended together.

It felt like the babies' shouldered still trapped inside and all they could do was be witness to something that was done to them.

Has anybody red Sandman? Lyle kinda looks like Abel and Cain blended together.

Ew, seriously :( I'm house sitting for my nan next month and she has dolls in the house :crying: No sleep shall be had that week. (Never been bothered by dolls before now).

Lyle and Ethan tho...LYLE AND ETHAN. Ethan just gets better and better to be honest. He's such a great character; kind and affectionate, mysterious and deeply conflicted, quietly masculine but also casually queer...he is just great; I never liked him more than I do right now.

Think it was a good episode.

Archived