Penny Dreadful, Showtime's Victorian Horror Show

Sci-2

It felt like the babies' shouldered still trapped inside and all they could do was be witness to something that was done to them.

Has anybody red Sandman? Lyle kinda looks like Abel and Cain blended together.

Lol, wouldn't have made that connection, but now that you say it I can see it.

Ew, seriously :( I'm house sitting for my nan next month and she has dolls in the house :crying: No sleep shall be had that week. (Never been bothered by dolls before now).

I was a bit. I found old chidren's clothes and a couple of dolls tucked away in the shed of the pre-school where I work sometimes. I made a comment to my boss that the dolls were creepy, and she replied that they were given to her by a dear friend of hers.

Oops.

Dorian is interesting as he gives us a look at what else is happening in Victorian London. And I liked that Angelique's "broken heart" intrigued him much more than her sex appeal, though I think he loved the outrageous flirting too.

I was a bit. I found old chidren's clothes and a couple of dolls tucked away in the shed of the pre-school where I work sometimes. I made a comment to my boss that the dolls were creepy, and she replied that they were given to her by a dear friend of hers.

Oops.

I wonder what this friend looks like :p

:uhoh:

Dorian is interesting as he gives us a look at what else is happening in Victorian London. And I liked that Angelique's "broken heart" intrigued him much more than her sex appeal, though I think he loved the outrageous flirting too.

Yeah. I think also that she was a "freak" (not how I feel, obviously, I'm talking how she would be perceived in terms of Victorian London if that makes sense) was part of the appeal too. If I remember the story of Dorian Grey correctly, he constantly seeks out new and exciting ways of "living life to the full" and getting pleasure. Angelique offered this for him. And, what more, I think that is why he is so hung up on Vanessa. She rejected him, a feeling he most likely never experienced before. He is accustomed to taking what he wants without objections or consequences. Her rejection is an entirely new sensation for him, and I think a part of him relishes the challenge she represents.

That doll scene was creepy as hell.... it was a really cool lead in with the couple on the train platform.... I had no idea what was happening until the final moment...

As far as Dorian goes, he's been my least favorite character since the show started.... but the season is 2 episodes old, and he's yet to be a part of the main arc... I'll wait to see what happens with him...

Zombie Brona is looking really zombie sexy with those red eyes....

... and yeah, Caliban is the best character on the show.

That doll scene was creepy as hell.... it was a really cool lead in with the couple on the train platform.... I had no idea what was happening until the final moment...

As far as Dorian goes, he's been my least favorite character since the show started.... but the season is 2 episodes old, and he's yet to be a part of the main arc... I'll wait to see what happens with him...

*John Claire

Impossible! He's not played by Eva Green. :P

Since having my son, I could never stomach violence to children on TV, however, the worst part of that scene was the dolls. It's official, marionettes are more terrifying than mutilating babies.

Ethan and Lyle need to have flirty scenes in every episode, they were wonderful.

Madame Kali flirting with Sir Malcolm was also wonderful, she's a brilliant actress.

I really hope Brona's Irish twang starts sneaking in when Lilly speaks.

I love John Caliban Clare, I love how dramatic he is.

I hope caliban (really doubt he reads this forum lmao so what he wants doesnt matter here) grows up a lot more and stops being so pathetic and entitled and I could see that in this episode...until vanessa complimented him and now hes probably in luv with her too.

I hope caliban (really doubt he reads this forum lmao so what he wants doesnt matter here) grows up a lot more and stops being so pathetic and entitled and I could see that in this episode...until vanessa complimented him and now hes probably in luv with her too.

I love that he's like an emo teenager.

I love that he's like an emo teenager.

he sooooo is hahahha. If he learnt from his "sins" he could be an interesting character; his scene with vanessa was lovely but if he keeps doing creepy eyes t victor and having tantrums then i shall continue to dislike him

anyone else think victor frankenstein is creepier than the witches??? O_o

How are you supposed to feel if you are one of the legitimate doll collecting ladies out there and you see this episode? Do you just shrug it off, or do you turn to your dolls and assure them that, "We're not like that terrible witch, we don't murder. And I'm never going to slap human organs onto you and ruin your pretty little dresses. Now let's just try to put this entire incident behind us and not look back." Or are some doll collectors taking a hard look at themselves in the mirror today, perhaps considering a life change before they head down that dark road themselves?

Pretty good episode, I'm surprised they went where they did with the baby at the end. Really liking the witches so far and that fucking castle they live in! Caliban is totally an emo teen, it's pretty funny. I don't know what they're doing with Dorian but I do like his character and hope his story picks up soon. Also, next episode looks tremendous.

he sooooo is hahahha. If he learnt from his "sins" he could be an interesting character; his scene with vanessa was lovely but if he keeps doing creepy eyes t victor and having tantrums then i shall continue to dislike him

anyone else think victor frankenstein is creepier than the witches??? O_o

Well I've already said this but I do find him deeply disturbing. He's on a dark path and what he is doing with "Lily" is horrible. Part of me wants Ethan to find out...

Ooooh. I didn't realize we had a Penny Dreadful thread.

Okay, briefly: I loved the first two episodes of the season (and liked the second episode a bit more than the first). I find the witches to be quite scary and have a real villainous feel to them. That final scene in this weeks episode---nightmares, nightmares forever. Eva Green is so good in this role; she's electric and I can't take my eyes away from her. Favorite scene from 202: the surprisingly tender conversation between "John" and Vanessa; very nice discourse on the nature of the world. I also enjoyed all the "Lily" and Victor scenes, even though you can see the writing on the walls of where THAT story is going. It'll be fun to get to that point, at least.

The one issue I have is Dorian Gray and I how I don't think his story is integrated into Penny Dreadful as a whole and I'm struggling to see why he's relevant.

Lyle was my guilty pleasure from season 1 so yay!

And I just knew that he is somehow fishy - he said to sir Malcolm after the seance that he don't want to see Vanessa ever again and now he is so happy because of another meeting. But whatever, every scene with him is pure delight. He may be blackmailed by gang of evil witches but no one can say disrespectful things about his hair :D

Archived