Penny Dreadful, Showtime's Victorian Horror Show

Sci-2

I can't be the only one who feared for Sir Malcom's wife watching that scene

Speaking of, I wonder if she knows that her husband lives with their daughter former friend. And it's quite fascinating that no one in victorian London question living arrangements in Mr. Murray household. I mean, it's rather unusual..

Speaking of, I wonder if she knows that her husband lives with their daughter former friend. And it's quite fascinating that no one in victorian London question living arrangements in Mr. Murray household. I mean, it's rather unusual..

Perhaps they've put out a story that he has "adopted" her, so to speak? Both her parents are dead now iirc right? And the childhood connection would give a degree of plausibility to that tale at least. But I imagine that it would be more of a sort of quiet gossip thing, and given how long they've lived with that arrangement I'm sure some new scandal has had an opportunity to divert people's attention from it.

As for his wife, I just assume she no longer cares what goes on in her husbands life. Their marriage never seems to have been a happy one, and to me it seems that with no children left she wants as little to do with him as she possibly can.

I'm very much enjoying going back the the old school of witches and vampires being very scary and very evil. And Werewolves might be nice guys in human form but are rabid beasts when they wolfie.

Dem baby entrails. That's some seriously nasty shit going on.

Thank God Billie Piper's lost her fake Irish accent. I wonder if that was planned from the start or if they actually paid attention to the shit they coped for getting an English person to play an Irish part?

I'm liking season 2 so far. I wonder how many seasons the series can sustain with the devil wants Ms Ives' soul principle theme.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/penny-dreadful/35376/penny-dreadful-season-2-episode-2-review-verbis-diablo

Review of episode two. I think I pretty much agree with everything said in the review, nothing much to add really. Was a nice read though, picking up on the theme of autonomy in the episode.

ETA: also, did we know Kali's daughter was called Hecate?

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/penny-dreadful/35376/penny-dreadful-season-2-episode-2-review-verbis-diablo

Review of episode two. I think I pretty much agree with everything said in the review, nothing much to add really. Was a nice read though, picking up on the theme of autonomy in the episode.

ETA: also, did we know Kali's daughter was called Hecate?

Yeah she was named in the first episode.

I have loved these first 2 episodes... but I'm not sure what the hell is going on... I know that Madame Kali has her pubes in a knot with Vanessa... but do we know why?... am I missing something?...

I don't think we know yet. But from what I gather, Vanessa has history with Kali and I think Vanessa "got away" or something?

"My old friend Miss Ives..."

Sounds like they definitely have a past together. And I can well imagine it isn't just that episode last season either.

She also seems to want Vaness because the Devil wants her unless am mistaken. But, seems like there's a personal element too.

I think we probablg will find out too, since she told Lyle to let Vanessa "follow the breadcrumbs" back to her. I'm pretty psyched for when they finally meet each other, not least because they are both superb in their respective roles.

I think we probablg will find out too, since she told Lyle to let Vanessa "follow the breadcrumbs" back to her. I'm pretty psyched for when they finally meet each other, not least because they are both superb in their respective roles.

They have met each other already.

If you check my earlier post I acknoedge that. But thats not what I mean. They are obviously set up for a confrontation, whih I am excited for. A poor choice of words on mg part there, sorry

Archived