Vikings 3: Eye-Stabbing as a means of social mobility

Talleyrand

I'm going in for a wacky prediction for sometime this season.

Aslaug gets killed by Horik/associate of Horik.

Can't have Lagertha away from the entire rest of the cast for too many episodes, I don't think.

I'm going in for a wacky prediction for sometime this season.

Aslaug gets killed by Horik/associate of Horik.

Can't have Lagertha away from the entire rest of the cast for too many episodes, I don't think.

I like the way you think. Lagertha is such a better character. Here's hoping it happens. :cheers:

Pagan weddings seem so much fun!

I'm going to take a guess and say that Ragnar and Floki pretended to have a falling out in order for Horik to show his hand.

ETA: YES! Lagertha!!

That is possible. But i actually think that Floki is truly angry about something. (likely the concern over Athelstan...maybe) I made a prediction that Floki might not be Team Ragnar forever but becomes a huge rooter for Team Bjorn so who knows. Floki's got the angries and he hates it. But i did love that wedding and hes gonna have a little Floki and omg awwwwww!

Guys...dat blood eagle. They actually did it! Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Well, that was definitely one of the weaker episodes of the entire series, IMO.

Care to explain?

As for everyone turning on Ragnar, its yet unclear if they even did or if it was all a ploy. (Besides Ragnar has his eye on a lot of stuff)

Flokki does seem genuinely disillusioned with Ragnar, and the talk of Alaugs birthing a monsters makes me speculate she won't be around for much longer.

And not sure, but my take on the blood eagle scene is that its possible that given Borgs status, it was a little too much? :dunno: (Not really sure what I was seeing in the faces of the crowd, because violence and vengeance is not exactly new to them). Aren't Borgs people going to be angry?

Lagerthas husband spoke of Ragnars arrogance. Now he was a shit to be sure, but its a good indicator as to what others outside Ragnars world might be thinking and the possible falling of Ragnars star.

And then there is the beginnings of tension between himself and Bjorn. (I thought that bit where he took Borg food might have been a to Athelstans teachings).

Also, totally agree with the take upthread by the poster who observed the Saxons not being native to England themselves, barely finishing their own genocide by the time the Vikings arrived.

That is possible. But i actually think that Floki is truly angry about something. (likely the concern over Athelstan...maybe) I made a prediction that Floki might not be Team Ragnar forever but becomes a huge rooter for Team Bjorn so who knows. Floki's got the angries and he hates it. But i did love that wedding and hes gonna have a little Floki and omg awwwwww!

Guys...dat blood eagle. They actually did it! Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Care to explain?

As for everyone turning on Ragnar, its yet unclear if they even did or if it was all a ploy. (Besides Ragnar has his eye on a lot of stuff)

I've never understood Floki's anger with/about Athelstan. Since the episode where Floki had some 'fun' by shooting the captive old priest with arrows, I've lost any interest I ever had in the character; he's a vicious bully.

Those watching Jarl Borg's execution seemed, with the exception of Borg's wife (girlfriend?), to be fiercely or sternly anticipating his slow demise. Borg had, after all, invaded Kattegat, killed many of Ragnar's people, hunted Ragnar's wife and young sons (with the probable intention of killing them). I think Ragnar should have just beheaded the guy, but the crowd looked hungry for blood.

Flokki does seem genuinely disillusioned with Ragnar, and the talk of Alaugs birthing a monsters makes me speculate she won't be around for much longer.

And not sure, but my take on the blood eagle scene is that its possible that given Borgs status, it was a little too much? :dunno: (Not really sure what I was seeing in the faces of the crowd, because violence and vengeance is not exactly new to them). Aren't Borgs people going to be angry?

Lagerthas husband spoke of Ragnars arrogance. Now he was a shit to be sure, but its a good indicator as to what others outside Ragnars world might be thinking and the possible falling of Ragnars star.

And then there is the beginnings of tension between himself and Bjorn. (I thought that bit where he took Borg food might have been a to Athelstans teachings).

Also, totally agree with the take upthread by the poster who observed the Saxons not being native to England themselves, barely finishing their own genocide by the time the Vikings arrived.

Cough~

In the saga, i believe Aella winds up getting the Blood Eagle. Status means shit.

The blood eagle is an incredibly gruesome act. Had this been on HBO, they might have shown more and seen why those onlookers were like "dueeagh." But most of them, if not all of them, wanted to see it happen. One thing is sure, Borg went out like a bawss. He didnt make a peep. Thats ballsy. The villains in this show tend to go out like badasses.

Bolded, loooool no. That was likely to spite his father. Ragnar is growing incredibly jealous of his own son and Bjorn is becoming aware of this.

I've never understood Floki's anger with/about Athelstan.

Its not Athelstan per se, its Christianity. Ive explained this before. Its in the old version of the thread. Seems now that Floki's got the angries about a lot of different things. Im actually not sure why he seems to have a growing beef with Ragnar except maybe the possibility of Ragnar being the catalyst of all the shit storm going on. (i thought it was initially Ragnar's concern of Athelstan and that may be a bit of it, but im not so sure now.)

Jarl Ingstad. I loved that shit. <3 Lagertha up in yer dome!! Shes just badass.

Cough~

In the saga, i believe Aella winds up getting the Blood Eagle. Status means shit.

The blood eagle is an incredibly gruesome act. Had this been on HBO, they might have shown more and seen why those onlookers were like "dueeagh." But most of them, if not all of them, wanted to see it happen. One thing is sure, Borg went out like a bawss. He didnt make a peep. Thats ballsy. The villains in this show tend to go out like badasses.

Bolded, loooool no. That was likely to spite his father. Ragnar is growing incredibly jealous of his own son and Bjorn is becoming aware of this.

Its not Athelstan per se, its Christianity. Ive explained this before. Its in the old version of the thread. Seems now that Floki's got the angries about a lot of different things. Im actually not sure why he seems to have a growing beef with Ragnar except maybe the possibility of Ragnar being the catalyst of all the shit storm going on. (i thought it was initially Ragnar's concern of Athelstan and that may be a bit of it, but im not so sure now.)

Jarl Ingstad. I loved that shit. <3 Lagertha up in yer dome!! Shes just badass.

Bjorn said that he and his sister Gyta had come to love Athelstan. His relationship with his father has deteriorated fast then if they are spiting each other now.

And yes, Aella was the one who got the treatment, and allegedly someone else will get it too......

I'm probably not remembering this correctly, but didn't the seer tell Ragnar that his son would surpass him? Maybe that's why Ragnar is a bit jealous of bjorn?

And that blood eagle. *shudders*

Nah, pretty sure it was Floki who predicted that.

i'm confused what was the most shocking moment in television?

Thats called advertising.

Bjorn said that he and his sister Gyta had come to love Athelstan. His relationship with his father has deteriorated fast then if they are spiting each other now.

And yes, Aella was the one who got the treatment, and allegedly someone else will get it too......

The spite followed by Bjorn's realization on what the blood eagle even is, drove him to give food to Borg. Its pity. Like "Welp yer going down really bad and damn dude, sucks to be you. Here~" Bjorn asks Ragnar was the blood eagle is and he explains...

Athelstan is not making much headway in his spiritual battle. Hes all "uhh God save England!" *shifty eyes* "yeah umm that...i think...?" and then hes all "ohh scrolls! Scrolls are awesome scrolls rock! OMFG HUGIN!"

Poor guy. Seer pretty much spells it out. Dude's all in knots.

So the blood eagle was an actual event in the sagas; rather than a History Channel invention? Interesting.

I'm sure Borg's people will be angry. However, whatever they want to do about it, they'll know they'll also have do deal with Horick if they aren't careful about it. Ragnar didn't execute Borg without Horick's consent. I think Horick wanted to see what Borg would say when he paid him that visit (earning his trust by bringing him dead wife's skull), and I think Borg's response about killing Ragnar and making Rollo earl decided it. Ragnar is worth more to Horick, currently.

I've never understood Floki's anger with/about Athelstan. Since the episode where Floki had some 'fun' by shooting the captive old priest with arrows, I've lost any interest I ever had in the character; he's a vicious bully.

Those watching Jarl Borg's execution seemed, with the exception of Borg's wife (girlfriend?), to be fiercely or sternly anticipating his slow demise. Borg had, after all, invaded Kattegat, killed many of Ragnar's people, hunted Ragnar's wife and young sons (with the probable intention of killing them). I think Ragnar should have just beheaded the guy, but the crowd looked hungry for blood.

A few looked pretty horrified. Of course, the pressure's on everyone attending not to look away (or faint). Just like Athelstan's supposed to emphatically chant 'God save England.'

Floki must be quite torn. . . big sacrifice versus nasty Ragnar who he no longer entirely trusts. . . which to applaud?

Aren't Borgs people going to be angry?

Does Borg even have any people left - he must have lost a fair few in his battles over Kattegat and all those he brought with him were burned alive in the barn on Ragnar's orders

I thought it was clear that Bjorn brought Borg food that drugged him for the blood eagle ritual, similar to how Athelstan was drugged for sacrifice when they went to Uppsala. It was how Borg was able to not even need to be tied down or not to scream, so he can accept his fate as a warrior and enter Valhalla. But maybe I had the wrong impression.

I also suspect the problem Ragnar may be having with Bjorn has more to do with Porunn. I think Ragnar may be the "boyfriend", which he and Porunn keep quite because of Aslaug. I get the sense Porunn could be, or maybe even is, into Bjorn but as a slave she can't do or say anything since the Jarl has claimed her.

The scene where Ragnar was standing back watching everything, so we know he's paying attention, showed Ragnar also 'pay attention' to Bjorn talking with Porunn and Ragnar really focused on Bjorn grabbing Porunn's arm. I don't see why they would show that Ragnar would care about his son trying to fuck a slave girl during that scene of intrigues without something more to it. But again maybe I have the wrong impression.

And... not only loving Jarl Lagertha :commie: but it's great to know we will see her more often again!!!

Archived