[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

I hope the show doesn't continue the Daenerys is fireproof bit.

Or it could be that someone else was in front of Daenerys and they got roasted instead.

Yeah let's hope so, it's silly because it takes away from the importance of the pyre scene. It's a one time, unique, miraculous, special event.

Come on. Annara is right. They can't lend Sansa to a totally different plotline for a season. At best, they can stall.

What we know is:

- 'familiar faces' in Sansa's plot

- LF telling Sansa about revenge

- the facebook leaked script mentions LF chasing Brienne off from the Vale

- Brienne didn't meet Sansa back in KL

- an old woman is supposed to help Brienne

For me, that tells me that LF will tell Sansa that Brienne is a creature of the Lannisters chasing Sansa for them. That'll be the basis of the quote from the trailer. It's kind of classic grooming - telling the victim to trust no one but the abuser. Also ironic, given that LF is the one Sansa should be taking revenge on for Ned's death. The one interesting point is whether LF will have this quote before he leaves for KL or after he returns from it.

It will be mild character progression, but nothing breaking character.

Who said anything about this taking all season? It could just be something like Jon leading the raid on Crasters Keep.

And let's not forget...Jaime and Bronn are in Dorne! DORNE!

At 1:44 in the pit those are Brazen Beasts attacking Dany and her men, Jorah is behind her, and Darrio in front, where is Selmy? Oh and called it with the Brazen beasts.

I don't think Varys was planned to help Dany in season one, it kind of goes against having her sold to Drogo. They seemed to be following the books back then. But cost seems to have removed Aegon. So plot change, Jorah has not left Meereen, so he will not be with Tyrion, and you can't just have Tyrion walking around alone, so it does look like Varys is going with him. I don't think Volantis has been mentioned on the show so it looks like 3 slaver cities and Yunkai is the only one going to war. No Vic, no Quin, I don't even know if we will get Xaro.

Jon appears to be getting some battle, maybe he goes to Hardhome. Should be getting lots of the wall this season. I am not sure if Jon's own men will stab him at Castle black, maybe they go to Hardhome and it's an epic disaster and they Mirror Crasters and Mormont and the fist. Which would make it more obvious to the viewers why Jon gets stabbed, basically dumb it down. But who knows.

I hope the show doesn't continue the Daenerys is fireproof bit.

Or it could be that someone else was in front of Daenerys and they got roasted instead.

That's why I think it's the dream. In the dream he bathes her in fire, which would be cool to see on the show.

ALso I just had an epiphany seeing talk about the show. Dany locked up the other two dragons because she had no chance of ever truly bonding with them even though she is their 'mother', one human can only bond with one dragon while they both live. So they are just waiting for another person with 'blood of the dragon', it can't be Dany who helps them. She belongs to Drogon.

I don't think Varys was planned to help Dany in season one, it kind of goes against having her sold to Drogo. They seemed to be following the books back then. But cost seems to have removed Aegon. So plot change, Jorah has not left Meereen, so he will not be with Tyrion, and you can't just have Tyrion walking around alone, so it does look like Varys is going with him. I don't think Volantis has been mentioned on the show so it looks like 3 slaver cities and Yunkai is the only one going to war. No Vic, no Quin, I don't even know if we will get Xaro.

Back in season 1, there was no Dance yet, IICR. So, no idea what Varys was actually trying to do, nor any indication of Aegon.

At 1:44 in the pit those are Brazen Beasts attacking Dany and her men, Jorah is behind her, and Darrio in front, where is Selmy? Oh and called it with the Brazen beasts.

Jon appears to be getting some battle, maybe he goes to Hardhome. Should be getting lots of the wall this season. I am not sure if Jon's own men will stab him at Castle black, maybe they go to Hardhome and it's an epic disaster and they Mirror Crasters and Mormont and the fist. Which would make it more obvious to the viewers why Jon gets stabbed, basically dumb it down. But who knows.

They have the Brazen Beast masks but maybe the shows makes them in Sons of the Harpy, i.e. why they are attacking Dany and her people.

Barristan and Grey Worm appear earlier in the scene so they must be somewhere.

They have the Brazen Beast masks but maybe the shows makes them in Sons of the Harpy, i.e. why they are attacking Dany and her people.

Barristan and Grey Worm appear earlier in the scene so they must be somewhere.

One and the same. It's easy to hide being a slaver, if you wear a mask. But I understand what you are saying, But there Job would make it so easy for assasins to come and go as the please and track all the movments of the Unsullied. The Brazen Beast have never brought her a good lead, never got any information that meant anything, and the killings increased with them patroling.

And let's not forget...Jaime and Bronn are in Dorne! DORNE!

So this is the new catchphrase now that's meant to dismiss every logical argument...

"Hey, I think they will make Tormund go to the Citadel, instead of Sam, Bran will replace Jaime in the Riverlands, and Arya will go to KL and start a torrid affair with Cersei, replacing Taena and Osney Kettleblack!"

"WTF?!"

"Well, don't forget... Jaime and Bronn are in Dorne! DORNE!"

So this is the new catchphrase now that's meant to dismiss every logical argument...

"Hey, I think they will make Tormund go to the Citadel, instead of Sam, Bran will replace Jaime in the Riverlands, and Arya will go to KL and start a torrid affair with Cersei, replacing Taena and Osney Kettleblack!"

"WTF?!"

"Well, don't forget... Jaime and Bronn are in Dorne! DORNE!"

Is there someone you can talk with? You seem like a very unhappy person.

Maybe you need Patchface...he can teach you how to smile! :)

It's ok that you're unhappy...I still love you! :love:

Hugs! :grouphug:

lol Xaro is dead remember, locked in a vault to run out of oxygen.

Back in season 1, there was no Dance yet, IICR. So, no idea what Varys was actually trying to do, nor any indication of Aegon.

Right, not sure how that is different from what I said, other than someone getting Cut for cost this season and pretty sure they have had Dance for years now. They know about Aegon, they even said not to mention him at Comic Con, which makes this trailer really weird as they acted like he was a mystery. If Varys is not in KL, Cersei or Oleena could kill Kevan.

And I am 100 percent positive that Varys plan was not to bring Dany to power by selling her to Drogo because he just new she would wake the Dragons and free the slaves and everything else.

lol Xaro is dead remember, locked in a vault to run out of oxygen.

Well he was locked in the safe, that does not mean he died, he had the safe built he may know how to get out. Not like he is honest about everything. He could come back if they wanted, but probably won't. Not a big deal.

When I first saw the dragon and the flame...it made me think of how Quentyn was burned...has nothing to do with the show...but that is what I thought of.

I thought this as well. I'm convinced the dragons have to be let loose somehow, so without Quentyn, we'll need another redshirt to do the deed. And the dragon in the trailer definitely looks green, so it's likely Rhaegal, who roasted Quentyn.

The clip of Daenerys and the clip of the dragon could be from completely different episodes; it wouldn't be the first time a bit of clever editing mislead an audience.

Been trying to right get this posted for awhile but if it's not one glitch on this site it's another.

Anyway there is something in the trialer I find rather interesting.

"I am not going to stop the wheel, I am going to break the wheel."

Now when Dany says this we are given a shot of the Wildlings and what looks like Hardhome. A Wildling cautiously approaches the gate and reaches for it, there is a lot of mist and there is a distortion effect that occures with the Wildling. So you probably can guess what is on the "Other" side of that gate.

Now I am sure the comment has a context in which it is being given and probably is in relation to the cycle of slavery that has been occuring in Essos for a very long time. But there is a context in that trailer as well. Why place the statement at a scene involving Wildlings? Well chances are it's about what is on the Other side of the gate and this is why, skip to 18:55. We have seen a couple of wheels in the series one with the Others, and one with Dany freeing the slaves. Though the trailer points to something on the Other side of that gate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXbz6YZt9U

D&D have been known to drop major easter eggs in the show and I think this one of those.

On the matter of Ashara Dayne being a candidate for Jon's mother, the show seems to exclude this theory.

Cersei, Catelyn and Edric Dayne (although, adds to Wylla one too) feed the theory that Ashara is Jon's mother. However, none of these scenes (Cersei believing Ahsara is the mother, Catelyn hearing the rumours and Edric/Arya conversation) made the show. If Ashara was the mother then surely they would be building up a profile of her and possibly Arthur Dayne too.

I don't recall Ashara Dayne being mentioned at all?

Wylla was mentioned as actually being Jon's mother but the conviction in the statement from Ned/Sean Bean was half-hearted. She is obviously a red herring.

No, fishermans daughter has been mentioned yet,

Lyanna (Season 1) and Rhaegar (Season 1 and 3) have been mentioned and are having their profiles built up.

The parentage of Jon Snow is a big deal, they would want it to have some impact and so far R+L=J is the one being fed.

In season 1 doesn't cersei mention something like"did she throw herself off that cliff for the brother you killed or the child you stole?" Or is that just in the book?

Been trying to right get this posted for awhile but if it's not one glitch on this site it's another.

Anyway there is something in the trialer I find rather interesting.

"I am not going to stop the wheel, I am going to break the wheel."

Now when Dany says this we are given a shot of the Wildlings and what looks like Hardhome. A Wildling cautiously approaches the gate and reaches for it, there is a lot of mist and there is a distortion effect that occures with the Wildling. So you probably can guess what is on the "Other" side of that gate.

Now I am sure the comment has a context in which it is being given and probably is in relation to the cycle of slavery that has been occuring in Essos for a very long time. But there is a context in that trailer as well. Why place the statement at a scene involving Wildlings? Well chances are it's about what is on the Other side of the gate and this is why, skip to 18:55. We have seen a couple of wheels in the series one with the Others, and one with Dany freeing the slaves. Though the trailer points to something on the Other side of that gate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXbz6YZt9U

D&D have been known to drop major easter eggs in the show and I think this one of those.

So, what is your theory ?

Actually, I think that Varys will be going to Dorne or King's Landing. Kevin is in this season so there might be some Kevin-killin'

I refuse to believe that Varys will be backing Dany, it makes no sense and I don't want to accept it.... :P

Drogon is going to be ginormous.

Maybe Varys will just get Tyrion to Illyrio then turn around and head back. Idk about where Varys's loyalties lie. He did make that comment about "who said anything about him" cut to Dany. (which was so sick).

And since there is zero Blackfyre backstory so far on the show, I just dont see how they could bring it in at this point......

I'm sure this has already been discussed on here multiple times but I wouldn't know since today is my first time logging onto this site in ages lol. But there's another theory that's been floating around the web which really caught my attention. It's not my own personal theory, but to me it does make a lot of sense as far the show goes and the style in which D&D like to deviate from the books. The theory is that Trystane Martell won’t actually be Doran’s son in the show. Instead, he’ll be revealed to be the alleged Aegon Targaryen – fostered in secret under the care of his uncle Doran rather than his father’s best friend Jon Connington, but groomed for the same purpose. The theory futher states:

1. Combing “Trystane” and “Aegon” into one person streamlines the narrative by consolidating Aegon’s forces with Dorne’s, and maintains Dorne’s clear motivation for supporting Aegon’s claim to the Iron Throne. This is a development that the books may be heading towards in The Winds of Winter anyway if Arianne and Aegon are in line to broker an alliance, as the sample chapter hints. It would also explain why Arianne has not been cast – if Aegon has been under Doran’s protect this whole time, then there’s no reason for the two of them to negotiate an alliance. And if Arianne’s primary purpose in the novels is to negotiate that alliance, then (sadly) there’s little reason for her to exist on the show.

2. It allows Varys and Doran’s objectives to remain more or less intact while consolidating their schemes into a single formidable conspiracy. Doran wants to get revenge on the Lannisters by bringing “fire and blood” back to Westeros. Varys wants to place someone on the throne who will understand how rule because it’s his duty to serve the realm, not because it’s his birthright. “Trystane”/”Aegon” can accomplish both objectives. The only complication could be if Aegon is truly a Blackfyre, but Varys could have kept that knowledge from Doran. Alternatively, the potential Blackfyre aspect could be dropped from the show, and Aegon could simply be a random boy that Varys has cultivated to serve his purpose.

3. Casting Doran in the role of Aegon’s protector and mentor removes the need to cast Jon Connington and explain his motivations. Obviously Connington is a cool character and it would be a shame to lose him, but at this point it’s a given that concessions and cuts have to be made. Furthermore, while some may not like it, there is a logical justification for why Varys might place “Aegon” under the protection of his supposed uncle in the show, rather than his father’s exiled friend.

4. Removing “Aegon” from Tyrion’s arc would enable him to reach Meereen faster, thereby allowing the show to accelerate that plotline. Which would've also given them more room to fit the Battle of Meeren into Season 5 if the budget allowed. Obviously this muddles up Tyrion’s storyline a bit, but it seems clear at this point based on the trailer that Varys’s intentions in sending Tyrion to Meereen is to retrieve Daenerys, with a possible plan being to arrange a marriage between her and Aegon once she arrives. This would have the added benefit of setting Daenerys up to sail for Westeros much sooner than she will in the novels.

Archived