Daily Facts of Ice and Fire

Argella showed she wouldn't go quietly before, so I think thats a great point and dearly hope its true!

Orys just has bad luck with hands. Orys One-Hand and the marriage envoys hands being chopped off really didn't ever work well for him, ironic since he was the first Hand of the King.

The way its said Davos describes Ory's end, looking happily at the severed hands and feet. Sounds like one of three things 1) Madness 2) Fever 3) Poison. Or a mix of two or three.

Argella never seemed like the type to by the happy wife of the hand. She was in a forced marriage with her dad's killer. Her crown, her family name and legacy had been taken away from her. Her own people turned on her. Mix that with the stormy temper and its unlikely she didn't enact some vengeance.

In the WorldCon reading, we heard of Orys doing this to one specific individual. This "fact" from the World book seems to be more of a loose interpretation of the actual situation, unless (of course) we hear that Orys did this routine with more than one person.

Yeah, either they gave their own interpretation to it, or Orys was deeply traumatized by what had happened to him and continued the the trend of cutting off hands and feet after the war in Dorne...

It's funny! :D (Also, I don't particularly care for LotR fandom, so that's probably why it hurt less. I remember discovering Sirius - Remus stuff years after the Harry Potter series ended. Brutal.)

It's hilarious :p but still awful ;) If you want to read some good fanfiction (and this is the only good fanfiction I have ever come across), you should read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. It's as great as Legolas by Laura is terrible :)

It's a shame he's remembered as "the arrogant" after one battle. The man should've been remembered as a Stormlands hero.

Well that is the Targs isn't it. He dared to fight and he dismissed the ego of dragonstone while in his waning years and he nearly won. One on One, Orys vs Argillac, it would have been Rhaegar vs Robert at the Trident. The Targs were nothing without dragons.

I read it only for the insanity. :D

Warning though, if you start reading HPatMoR, you'll never look at HP the same again. The fan fiction does such a good job at poking fun of the flaws in JK Rowling worldbuilding, you'll find it hard to surpress a smile whenever you revisit the original works :D

It's a shame he's remembered as "the arrogant" after one battle. The man should've been remembered as a Stormlands hero.

I agree, taking on a dragon during a storm after years of badassery, fighting in what was pretty much WW, pushing back the reach super power, you would think he would b remembered better.

I agree, taking on a dragon during a storm after years of badassery, fighting in what was pretty much WW, pushing back the reach super power, you would think he would b remembered better.

The arrogant Targs won and demeaned the legacy of a man who dared take them on and defy them after he and his daughter were insulted. Don't worry, they got theirs:

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/55951443/original.jpg

The arrogant Targs won and demeaned the legacy of a man who dared take them on and defy them after he and his daughter were insulted. Don't worry, they got theirs:

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/55951443/original.jpg

:lol: It's funny because the Baratheon's have a lot of Targaryen blood, so not really.

Well that is the Targs isn't it. He dared to fight and he dismissed the ego of dragonstone while in his waning years and he nearly won. One on One, Orys vs Argillac, it would have been Rhaegar vs Robert at the Trident. The Targs were nothing without dragons.

it's funny because I reckon the baratheon line will come to an end. Well hopefully. not. The Baratheons are awesome.

You really have a thing against Targs. I have never seen someone so biased against them.

Anyways you have no proof of claiming Argillac could take on Orys. Argillac was getting weak so he wanted help and so sent forth the marriage proposal to get My help. It's a shame he didn't live long enough to see me become King of Westeros.

Hands down I sincerely believe Orys could have taken out and killed Argillac in a duel. Argillac was known for his military prowl as a great commander hence he had a strong military reputation and was able to thwart of invasions. Never it is mentioned or perhaps not to my knowledge of Argillac being a great fighter himself. I do recall reading Orys being a good swordsman as he grew up with Aegon learning.

Orys over Argillac any day. On the plus side without him we would've haven't seen such amazing baratheons such as Stannis!

it's funny because I reckoning the baratheon line will come to an end. Well hopefully. not. The Baratheons are awesome.

You really have a thing against Targs. I have never seen someone so biased against them.

Anyways you have no proof of claiming Argillac could take on Orys. Argillac was getting weak so he wanted help and so sent forth the marriage proposal to get My help. It's a shame he didn't live long enough to see me become King of Westeros.

Hands down I sincerely believe Orys could have taken out and killed Argillac in a duel. Argillac was known for his military prowl as a great commander hence he had a strong military reputation and was able to thwart of invasions. Never it is mentioned or perhaps not to my knowledge of Argillac being a great fighter himself. I do recall reading Orys being a good swordsman as he grew up with Aegon learning.

Orys over Argillac any day. On the plus side without him we would've haven't seen such amazing baratheons such as Stannis!

The Aegon I excerpt mentions that Argilac's famed skill at arms disappeared due to his aging, so I'd go with Argilac.

You're right on the Baratheon fate though. They'll be destroyed by the Targaryens.

The Aegon I excerpt mentions that Argilac's famed skill at arms disappeared due to his aging, so I'd go with Argilac.

You're right on the Baratheon fate though. They'll be destroyed by the Targaryens.

They probably won't be completely destroyed the Targaryen's might not kill them all.

Warning though, if you start reading HPatMoR, you'll never look at HP the same again. The fan fiction does such a good job at poking fun of the flaws in JK Rowling worldbuilding, you'll find it hard to surpress a smile whenever you revisit the original works :D

Too late for that. :D I still hold dear the first 4 books... They marked a period in my pop culture life, same as ASoIaF does now. (Obviously, ASoIaF being in a whole different league).

:lol: It's funny because the Baratheon's have a lot of Targaryen blood, so not really.

Yet whose traits are dominant? Dragonfire is put out in the storm Veltigar!

How many Targs are in the Baratheon tree? I've can only remember 1, Rhaelle. Orys probably was a bastard Targ, so 2 in 300 years? Then there is the Durrendon millenias and the dragons don't look so hot in comparison.

it's funny because I reckon the baratheon line will come to an end. Well hopefully. not. The Baratheons are awesome.

No, I hate Orys and Aegon and their unprovoked wars on the people of Westeros that led to the murder of hundreds. Argillac was getting old without a son and wanted to set his daughter up as Queen successfully and Aegon was an arrogant arse. We are given a description of Argillac that is basically Robert without the drink, fury, experience, insane strength, I'm all team Argillac.

Like hell. The only way that is going to happen is if Dany or Aegon wins and they won't.

'The Sons of the Dragons' reading mentioned that Orys died of the wounds he suffered during the battle against the Vulture King's army. There is nothing fishy about that, especially since Orys would have been of advanced age in 37 AC. I guess he was about the same age as Aegon, or slightly younger, since these two apparently had a really close relationship. That would have been different, I imagine, if Orys had been 5-10 years younger or older as Aegon.

There are also hints that Orys and Argella had multiple children - his son Davos was mentioned, as well as another, Raymont Baratheon, the knight of the KG who defended Aenys I and his family when the Poor Fellows tried to murder them in their sleep. That could suggest that they got along pretty well.

Archived