NBC's Hannibal III: Swimming in blood and emptiness

Tony Soprano

Is Will really sympathetic to Hannibal's cause? I might be a knucklehead, but that's the only explanation I can come up with for him warning Hannibal that the feds are after him in the final episode.

He isn't sympathetic to his cause but he is in love with him.

He'd also rather Hannibal run away and Jack Crawford live than Hannibal stay and Jack die.

I've seen a lot of people wondering about Scully being on the plane with Hannibal in that last scene. Wasn't it perfectly obvious that she had been drugged or did I miss something here too?

There's no indication of that at all...

It seemed more like Hannibal had surprised her and she was basically freaked out that in the middle of her escape from a psychotic cannibal, he showed up in the seat next to her.

He isn't sympathetic to his cause but he is in love with him.

He'd also rather Hannibal run away and Jack Crawford live than Hannibal stay and Jack die.

In love? How do you reckon that?

There's no indication of that at all...

Are you kidding? She was hazier than a motherfucker in that plane seat.

Are you kidding? She was hazier than a motherfucker in that plane seat.

She was no hazier than at any other time in the show, or indeed in The Fall which Gillian Anderson appears at the same time.

In love? How do you reckon that?

I'm not even sure how to answer this. Their entire interaction has been essentially a twisted love story. In season 1 it was just Hannibal doing the 'wooing', but in season 2 Will mos def started to open up back, even as he was trying to bait Hannibal into a trap.

See their last conversation - 'I offered you a precious gift, but you didn't want it'. 'Didn't I?'.

I'm not even sure how to answer this. Their entire interaction has been essentially a twisted love story. In season 1 it was just Hannibal doing the 'wooing', but in season 2 Will mos def started to open up back, even as he was trying to bait Hannibal into a trap.

See their last conversation - 'I offered you a precious gift, but you didn't want it'. 'Didn't I?'.

Guess I'm an idiot. I always reckoned that all the "affection" Will showed Hannibal after he discovered his true nature in season one was just an act to keep him in his trust.

She was no hazier than at any other time in the show, or indeed in The Fall which Gillian Anderson appears at the same time.

If you say so, I just thought she had a particularity dreamy look in that plane scene.

• 1 month later...

Archived