Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain on FX

Maester Llama

Why would you try to contaminate the rivers with like three bodies full of tiny little worms though?

Looking it up it was mentioned in the reviews of the series

that it might be because vampires can't cross running water on their own, so they're having humans do it.

ah, I bet you're right. I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. They can't - or at least, that's what the lore says.

Why would you try to contaminate the rivers with like three bodies full of tiny little worms though?

Looking it up it was mentioned in the reviews of the series

that it might be because vampires can't cross running water on their own, so they're having humans do it.

So vampires can't cross bridges? Hmm, I wonder if the 'law' of vampires can't come into your home uninvited applies here, too. So far we've seen vampires return to their homes, but I don't know if we've seen vampires break into strangers' homes. They are going by the Romanian strigoi here, though, where I believe such 'law' was not part of the myth. But garlic is, so garlic should work on these guys, too, just like silver does.

I like how almost no one has tried to learn the characters names (minus Tears crushing on Vasily). I'm the same...in fact I don't even notice the plot holes and rarely notice the bad acting. I just tune out and let things unfold.

That said, I do think putting the bodies in the river contaminated the water supply. I also think the survivors were important, in that they were fine and the one lawyer began the class action law suit. If there had been no survivors at all they might've cremated all the corpses.

The vampire army looks similar to the vampires in "Blade Trinity". Mr. ES and I had a discussion about this, and decided that NYC needs Blade and Kris Kristofferson to show up.

Also...how super scary was lawyer mom?!? She scared the crap out of me.

I like how almost no one has tried to learn the characters names (minus Tears crushing on Vasily). I'm the same...in fact I don't even notice the plot holes and rarely notice the bad acting. I just tune out and let things unfold.

That said, I do think putting the bodies in the river contaminated the water supply. I also think the survivors were important, in that they were fine and the one lawyer began the class action law suit. If there had been no survivors at all they might've cremated all the corpses.

There would have been an autopsy anyway and by that time there was the vampires were waking up. And, iirc, Palmer had another explanation for the deaths (monoxide poisoning? Which begs the question of why they should have kept survivors) which would have gotten people off their back. It was likely the bodies would just go to the families.

Sure, the old man gave some explanation, but I can't recall and it wasn't that interesting.

Lol well I've seen a few people refer to him as the old man.

Ha - no worries - we've been calling him Filch as well. He's a great actor!

I'm a bit worried about him, though. Let's face it; he's not able to hold his own in the last two vampire fights he's been in. I think he needs to stay in his back room/den and let the younger folks duke it out with the vamps.

Ha - no worries - we've been calling him Filch as well. He's a great actor!

I'm a bit worried about him, though. Let's face it; he's not able to hold his own in the last two vampire fights he's been in. I think he needs to stay in his back room/den and let the younger folks duke it out with the vamps.

Heh, yeah. You can't be droppin' yer heart pills in the middle of a vampire throwdown, Filch! :shocked:

Maybe taking one before the throwdown?

I've read the books, so when the vampire special forces appeared at the end my partner got amped up. Then she started asking me (begging) who they were. I didn't tell her as it would have involved too much back-story that hasn't been revealed yet. But as I said to her, I was wondering when they would show up.

I am not getting Palmer's role in all of this... if I'm not mistaken, Eighorst (sp?) & the master (winch guy) needed him to shut down wireless communications... but he's still lying around.... for what?... is he on their "team" now? I dont get the hierarchal relationships

He wants to be turned before he dies. He did his job so I imagine that he's waiting for his application to be processed. Now that the Master has all that he needs it's not a good idea to rush him. So the plan is probably to use Eldritch's economic power to help deal with any problems that pop up until the Master wins, at which point he can "die".

The little girl broke my heart. del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth did the same thing to me.

The lawyer! How could I have forgotten?! They generally have no lives anyway, so it's an honest mistake. :P

Loved Labyrinth, but the creature with the eyes on its palms gave me nightmares.

Tonight's episode was good, but are we really supposed to believe that the chick who killed the Internet of NYC and is some kind of super hacker is randomly shopping at the convenience store where our hapless heroes go for snacks? Really?

I guess we get her in exchange for Samwise Gamgee.

Archived