So he's gone? Dead? Not coming back?

Tooms

Perhaps someone with better memory than me can answer this:

I recall an interview with the actress who plays Mel saying something about kissing Jon Snow in a scene. Am I going mad or is this correct?

In relation to that, have there actually been any scenes yet where she kisses him? Because I cannot remember any such scenes and if that is the case it open up some interesting possibilities......

....such as, what if they already filmed a resurrection scene at the same time they filmed the murder scene? That way they can keep Kit off the payroll or at least hidden from filming for some time and still get away with him being brought back.

Maybe i'm just going mad but this has been bugging me all day! :dunno:

Wow...

This is awesome. Good thinking..

I kindif think this will happen now.

But.. They couldnt have shot all the Jon S6 scenes! So he has to turn up if they are ever going to do a ressurection.

If he is reborn his vows ended when his life ended. So he owes the Nights Watch nothing. And boy was Tywin Lannister right about the Nights Watch a bunch of scumbags. That's bad when Tywin Lannister is calling you a piece of garbage.

Although your life has ended and your vows ended, does your mission end?

Like I said, I don't think there will be a Night's Watch to come back to.

Agreed.

For a long time I've believed that Beric and LSH are in the story to foreshadow Jon's fate and also to show how wrong resurrection can work out. If done too many times as with Beric a person loses too much of themselves and if done too late as with Cat the person has also lost too much of themselves. They are examples of resurrection gone wrong.

Little things I also thought about that were mentioned in the thread.. What are they going to do with Ghost and will there not be a funeral for Jon as they've said he's not coming back.. We've seen most of the funerals for major characters, it'd be weird if they didn't show Jon's. So, I simply call bullshit. The boy has died and the man shall be born.

GRRM has said elsewhere that when someone comes back they always lose a part of themselves. It's one of the rules of his universe. If he comes back, it won't be as himself. At least not entirely.

But they do seem to remember their missions. TLL remembered to protect the people. LSH remembered to kill some Freys.

I'm absolutely sure they have NOT filmed any scenes for season 6. Season 6 was not written or designed yet.

The smart thing keep Jon's fate a mystery would be to resurrect Jon at the very end of the season, so they would only need Kit Harington for a couple of days of interior shooting; remember, we hardly get any news of what they shoot in the studio (or in Ireland, for that matter). Only things shot in the southern locations leak frequently.

Also, that would make more dramatic sense. Having Jon back at the beginning of the next season would be just a cheak plot-device to get him free of his oath. However, the return of the saviour after a very bleak season 6 would be a powerful way to set up season 7.

I'm absolutely sure they have NOT filmed any scenes for season 6. Season 6 was not written or designed yet.

The smart thing keep Jon's fate a mystery would be to resurrect Jon at the very end of the season, so they would only need Kit Harington for a couple of days of interior shooting; remember, we hardly get any news of what they shoot in the studio (or in Ireland, for that matter). Only things shot in the southern locations leak frequently.

Also, that would make more dramatic sense. Having Jon back at the beginning of the next season would be just a cheak plot-device to get him free of his oath. However, the return of the saviour after a very bleak season 6 would be a powerful way to set up season 7.

Uhh.. Why not?

She has dragons. 8000 years ago westeros didnt have them..

Also why would a single man's help contribute much more?

The people just need a hero to follow. I think if they see 3 dragons they will more than willing to follow...No need for a dude with a Valyrian sword.

If Dany is all that's needed to combat the Others then Bran and Jon's stories are completely useless despite GRRM saying that they were 2 of the 5 major characters. In fact we have no need of Starks to begin with. Might as well just tell Dany's story at that point.

I will be curious what happens to his body, hidden?, burried in ice? or burned?

It seems they know they need to burn dead bodies at this point at the wall. Maybe the Red Woman or Davos steals it before they can. Maybe they do it together? I know Davos hates the Red Woman now more than ever, but D+D don't always do what makes the most sense so its possible.

Jon still had some followers at the wall. Seems everyone who was at Hardhome should be on his side. Will they just let the Lord Commander be assassinated by their brothers? Who outnumbers who?

We have a long wait until the next book come out and then we should know.

At this point, I only really care about the book story anyways. The show can do what it wants. I guess it time to go back over to the book section of the forum...

I'm not saying that they filmed any full scenes but it would be super easy to just film that murder scene and then keep rolling for a few extra minutes to fit in the resurrection so that you get all the details right. All you need to Kit to stay in his "dead Jon" costume and bring in Mel for 2-3 mins of extras. Then you keep that extra part in your cutting room ready for next year or to tease people with.

Kind of like how the last 2 LOTR films were filmed simultaneously to get better continuity of character appearances, costumes etc.

Uhh.. Why not?

She has dragons. 8000 years ago westeros didnt have them..

Also why would a single man's help contribute much more?

The people just need a hero to follow. I think if they see 3 dragons they will more than willing to follow...No need for a dude with a Valyrian sword.

Well, to be fair, I think a lot of people/animals? will be involved in defeating the WW. Dany w/dragons and 2 other riders, Arya doing something probably with Nymeria, Bran doing something, riding something, Jon with Ghost and Longclaw. Maybe even other 'missing' characters like Gendry I don't think one group will be enough to defeat them.

And Dany's dragons need to grow a lot more in order to be ready. Drogon was far too vulnerable in the pit. He is still a baby in dragon terms.

They can't wait very long because they have to do something with the body. The normal thing to do would be to burn his body. They have to otherwise he might come back as a whight.

well they do have a rather large cold storage facility handy. we even spent time discovering its preservation abilities in the books if not the show.

I think they have already filmed Kit's season 6 scenes during season 5. And Kit will only be in one or two episodes in Season 6.

Now, if they have him resurrected at the end of season 6, I'm not sure if that works so well. I might be mistaken, but doesn't a dead person have to be revived during a certain amount of time, or no? Then again, they could have the Night King resurrect Jon, which would be a very intriguing swerve.

I think Jon will spend some time in Ghost. Maybe just a few episodes, maybe more. Meanwhile we will see him warging, getting a connection to Bran, and maybe Arya as well: remember, she just got blinded - and that's the time for her to warg the cat. Probably she will first have wolf dreams, and later possibly warg the cat. Bran could reach out for both of them, initializing their first dreams.

I'm not sure how Jon will return: might be Mel (and Shireen's sacrifice) in the show, and something toatally different, like the Wall, Children/Bran magic or Morna.

We have seen so far 3 types of "ressurection/healing": Beric, Drogo and the Others. Common thing is, that the person in question won't be himself again - they lose thier human characteristics. Warging would solve that problem, so any type of the 3 resurrections is possible at this point.

The following characters have to be alive at the end or near the end...

Dany

Arya

Tyrion

Jon Snow

. . .

and Bran in some way

I just can't believe Jon is gone, but all this hype has me feeling it is true.

I can buy Jon showing up as AA for the big battle, but that will be a long/long agonizing wait through next season and into season 7.

There are too many clues to Jon surviving in some form.

"Jon always comes back"

"Kill the boy. . ."

R+L=J

the power of the wall

Mel at the wall riding her magic horse

Davos at the wall for what?

Similarly, when Jojen says Bran is all that matters, something has to be true about that.

can someone add to this list?

Edit: also the power of the Wall resurecting him.

Perhaps the NW on Jon's side hide his body just before the wildlings attack and when the wall comes down, great power is released, the power to resurrect Jon as AA???

It seems they know they need to burn dead bodies at this point at the wall. Maybe the Red Woman or Davos steals it before they can. Maybe they do it together? I know Davos hates the Red Woman now more than ever, but D+D don't always do what makes the most sense so its possible.

Jon still had some followers at the wall. Seems everyone who was at Hardhome should be on his side. Will they just let the Lord Commander be assassinated by their brothers? Who outnumbers who?

We have a long wait until the next book come out and then we should know.

At this point, I only really care about the book story anyways. The show can do what it wants. I guess it time to go back over to the book section of the forum...

Giving him to the flames might be how he does come back, kind of like Dany who entered the flames and came back unburnt, all be it she was alive but wouldnt rule out the same thing happening after Thoros says in Season 3 that Lord of light gives what he chooses.

I think they have already filmed Kit's season 6 scenes during season 5. And Kit will only be in one or two episodes in Season 6.

Now, if they have him resurrected at the end of season 6, I'm not sure if that works so well. I might be mistaken,ut doesn't a dead person have to be revived during a certain amount of time, or no? b Then again, they could have the Night King resurrect Jon, which would be a very intriguing swerve.

Book Spoiler***

No Catelyn Stark was dead for days when she got washed up and brought back as Lady Stoneheart.

Does anyone have an actual quote from Carice Van Houten saying she and Jon had another scene at the Wall? Always assumed people just misinterpreted what she said in the interview.

The fact of the matter is that they'd prefer intrigue and guessing. That they feel compelled to be so explicit regarding his death indicates that they know we know and they feel compelled to try and add intrigue artificially. There's no other benefit to breaking from the natural benefit of uncertainty among the fanbase, which would be a major driver of discussion, and announcing his definitive death.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have this story go in a way I don't expect and not have Dany and Jon be the heroes they have been set up to be, however there are good ways to do that and there are bad ways. Just killing him now is just bad writing. David and Dan or Martin, if they want to subvert tropes there are ways to do it. Ned's death was great, the Red Wedding while painful made sense in the story. This doesn't. It's illogical from a story telling standpoint and I have more faith in DavidandDan/Martin.

Couldn't agree more with this. The others deaths were brilliant storytelling this would be terrible. I have all the faith in the world in these people and if they forego everything that has come before it and just kill him for no reason it's terrible terrible writing

Archived