NFL Preseason 2015: Packers looking for a good diagnosis and Cris Carter is looking for Lee Majors

Trebla

Wore my Reggie Wayne jersey today and have had a number of annoying conversations about Reggie's signing with the Patriots. No less than three people have told me he's a traitor. One guy stood up and thanked me (as in he thanked me, personally) for giving the Patriots such a great weapon. And I had one really great conversation with a guy who knew his shit, we talked for a while about how cool we hope the Colts offense could be this year among other things.

I stopped trying to tell the idiots that the Colts chose not to offer Reggie a contract and he deserves to go to whatever team he feels will give him a chance at another championship. Just like I didn't bother telling the Patriots fan that Reggie's a 36 year old who probably doesn't have much left to offer a team.

God, people are just fucking stupid and uninformed.

So Andy Dalton got hurt on a CALLED QB sneak and Randall Cobb is in the locker room with an apparent shoulder injury. Yeah, preseason sucks

eta: on the bright side, AJ McCarron is lighting it up.  Brent Musburger is somewhere approving.

Yea, that was just dumb but from the highlights, looks like McCarron played great with the first team. Also, Dalton says he's fine and would have come back in if it was a regular season game so at least that's good. Bengals looked good though how much of that is the Bengals and how much is the Bears defense is hard to say.

Obviously just the preseason, but the Eagles have been absolutely destroying teams. Bradford may set some NFL passing records this year if he  stays healthy.

Bradford will look good playing in both games he plays in this year,,,, 

I feel like Bradford has some of the most potential of any QB out there for a comeback.  St. Louis was not a great situation when he got there, and he did OK.  Lots of top pick QB's that bust do so because it turns out they just aren't good enough.  With Bradford it's much more the injuries. so maybe just maybe he can stick if he can stay healthy. 

Does RG3 have any way of getting out of DC this year?  Probably not, right?  But if Cousins holds it down he's got to be gone after this.  I wonder where he ends up.  Probably NYJ, lol

Really, DeSean Jackson? Really? The DC team didn't have enough of a shitty time and you had to make it even more shitty?

That dude is such a scumbag. I unfortunately caught a glimpse of his reality show for a couple minutes, and his sister (who's in charge of his finances) was yelling at him cause he was dropping thousands of dollars at the club. He'll be on the future edition of Broke. 

NFL and Brady have taken their stances and dug in. There will be no settlement, resolution expected Friday.

Also, Kirk Cousins is the starter for the Washington Football Program.

I really hope that RGIII can get out of that toxic hellhole and get on another team. This kid can obviously play football, and someone is going to figure that out.

I really hope that RGIII can get out of that toxic hellhole and get on another team. This kid can obviously play football, and someone is going to figure that out.

As a Redskins fan, this whole thing makes me sad.  Three seasons ago he gave us literally the only exciting season we've had since I was a little kid, and he sacrificed his body and potentially his whole career trying to get it done for us in the playoffs. I've hated watching everyone turn on him, and I wish him success wherever he ends up.

Probably NYJ, lol

Don't say things like that! You'll make them come true.

RG3 might very well still be able to play at a high-level, but the Jets are not the right place for a QB to stage a comeback. The Jets need either an (semi-)accomplished, self-assured veteran or a new high-drafted rookie, who's still got the ego that comes from being a college star. Even when the team is just an average, run-of-the-mill squad, the team always has the media glare from being in the largest city; plus there's the pressure from a fickle, pessimistic fan base. Its not the place for someone shell-shocked from their last gig.

I personally would love to see RGIII sit on the bench in Dallas for three or four years behind Romo and have all of that time to get ready to become the badass that he can be. He is still young enough to have a great career ahead of him. It will only happen if he gets cut though which is fairly improbable. 

I personally would love to see RGIII sit on the bench in Dallas for three or four years behind Romo and have all of that time to get ready to become the badass that he can be. He is still young enough to have a great career ahead of him. It will only happen if he gets cut though which is fairly improbable. 

Don't know about that, Ian Rappoport said he wouldn't be shocked to see RGIII cut if no one wants to trade for him. They picked up his fifth-year option, so unless they wanna pay him 15 million next year they have to trade him or drop the option/cut him. They aren't gonna want him to play if they don't think he's the guy because if he gets hurt then they can't drop his contract.

This organization under the Danny has a tendency to corrupt everything it touches. However does that explain all of RGIII's regression? Fuck no. There's a ton of blame to go around for this sad story: with a plenty you can parcel out on Snyder, Shanahan, Gruden....and RGIII himself.

That same line that RGIII got killed behind in the second preseason game holds up pretty damn well for Cousins and McCoy. And it's been like this for 2 1/2 years now. The sad truth is he's lost all the football instincts/confidence that made him such an electric player at Baylor and as a rookie. He takes unnecessary hit after unnecessary hit because his pocket presence is just gone. I hate to say it because that 2012 season was just about the most fun I've ever had as a football fan but at this point it's almost doing him a favor not to play him until his head gets right. No O-line can protect RGIII the way he plays now. There's a reason the Shanahans benched him that final month in 2013. Not because they hated him or because they loved Cousins...but because you can't protect a player who doesn't or isn't able to protect himself. It's the damnedest thing to see. I keep seeing these facile explanations for it...it's the O-line, it's the coaching, it's the injury...but each one individually comes up woefully short to explaining this total collapse in ability. 

The most amazing thing to me is how a kid who went from saying all the right things every time to saying precisely the wrong thing every time. I blame Snyder for the coddled superstar treatment he pulls with every big name and the culture issues it creates every damn time (I swear a 4 year old learns from his mistakes quicker than the Danny). But I also blame RGIII himself. At some point he's going to do reckoning and realize he lost his way at some point and that there's not always someone else to blame for this fact. The question is whether it comes before his career his done. 

Strong post, Jaime.

Meanwhile, this Jeff Darlington article explains why the Redskins should cut RGIII better than my own modest efforts. (Note: I haven't fully read this article yet, but I already know that my earlier quote of 15 million owed to Griffin for his fifth-year option is incorrect, it's actually 16).

In my house we call him Brittle Bob Three Sticks. The guy had one good year but he developed a lot of bad habits and now hes paying the price for it. 

In my house we call him Brittle Bob Three Sticks. The guy had one good year but he developed a lot of bad habits and now hes paying the price for it. 

What's truly sad about that to me is that good year was his rookie season. Just imagine how good this guy could've been had he not suffered an injury that hit him right in his wheelhouse. Pretty damn sad.

Archived