Football The Millionth

Xray the Enforcer

Well, that was shit. And to make matters worse, just got home to the news that Cech's done his hammy. 

Another weak, insipid performance earns another horrible result. Wenger totally bottled it, and it cost us. After yet another stinker from Sanchez, instead of hauling him off, he subs the only player who looked like he was going to make something happen for us. With Welbeck and Campbell on the pitch, I reckon we would have got something out of the game.

The way things are going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up outside the top four.

The sooner Wenger leaves the better. If we're stuck with him for another season then so be it, but the thought of him extending his contract makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Utter disaster for Arsenal.

On a day when we could have made up three points on both Leicester and Tottenham, playing at home to a relegation-threatened side, complete catastrophe.

No way can we win the title now.

I think this is the first time Lallana was a decisive factor in us winning a league game. Now if he could repeat that 10+ times a year...

As usual, our goals came to an abrupt end when Benteke came on. That happened a few other times when he subbed into a team that was flying and knocking in goals for fun. If only anyone could have predicted that he didn't have the movement to fit our team.

11 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I'm really not sure how you can watch that half and say Firmino was desperately poor :dunno: probably our best player after Milner that half imo. Feel more comfortable with Flanno/Clyne than with Moreno in. 

I agree with you on both counts. Firmino hasn't really dominated the first half but did rather well, setting up Milner's goal and getting in a few good situations. He was caught offside once or twice but it was a matter of inches in situations that would've been great scoring opportunities with a bit of luck in timing of that pass.

As entertaining as Moreno is to watch from time to time, he's been more of a liability than an asset for a while now. He basically turned into Glen Johnson, though he is more likable. And I was pleasantly surprised to see both Clyne's performance at LB and Flannagan come back and play a full premiership game.

We were more than a bit fortunate. Watford could easily have won that one. It was important for us to follow up that win over Arsenal and we did...just. Still don't think that we have the consistency to finish in the top four though.

59 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

We were more than a bit fortunate. Watford could easily have won that one. It was important for us to follow up that win over Arsenal and we did...just. Still don't think that we have the consistency to finish in the top four though.

It's gonna be pretty difficult to beat the top 4 right now, the top 3 especially are playing extremely well .

34 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Interesting! So many big managers in the Prem next season (I'm assuming Mourinho to Man U will happen). 

Allegedly, Roman already told players. Still, could be nothing more than a click-bait.

Like so many times before, I'll wait until I see an official confirmation before I believe it.

West Ham keep wasting the top teams so it shouldn't be taken as a sign of weakness that Spurs lost to them.

Also I accidentally posted this elsewhere but did anyone else fail to notice that all of a sudden a title race has broken out in the Bundesliga? Bayern currently five points clear of Dortmund.

As some Guardian writer pointed out: this weekend's Spurs v Arsenal match will be fascinating because there's no possible way for both teams to choke and lose the same match. 

As for the Bundesliga: we've been getting a lot of German league games on tv here in Canada this season, and I must say I am really, really enjoying the football.  In previous seasons, I've only really seen German teams in European competitions as I'm way too lazy to seek out the games otherwise. I'm trying to avoid becoming attached to any particular club, though--I like being a neutral observer. 

If it wasnt for Leicester and their incredible season pretty sure all the talk would be about tottenhams run. In a way i think that has helped spurs keep their run going because it isnt being talked up us much. Just think if it was man utd/city arsenal or chelsea leading spurs instead of leicester what the talk would be about.

1 hour ago, lmanion said:

If it wasnt for Leicester and their incredible season pretty sure all the talk would be about tottenhams run. In a way i think that has helped spurs keep their run going because it isnt being talked up us much. Just think if it was man utd/city arsenal or chelsea leading spurs instead of leicester what the talk would be about.

Definitely agree. As I said above, all the talk is about Leicester when spurs are doing just as good which is just as surprising.

Don't all start jumping on my Spurs bandwagon. I called it for them early. Find your own dark horse contender coming from nowhere. There's no skill or fun to picking them when they're already 2nd in the table and won six in a row.

Unrelated, I would just love it if all the Mourinho rumors are from him and his agent trying to pressure Utd by making it seem like he is a foregone conclusion. Then Mourinho could be humiliated by his own presumption and LVG could stay for a third season. Win-win!

6 hours ago, Knute said:

Definitely agree. As I said above, all the talk is about Leicester when spurs are doing just as good which is just as surprising.

Spurs doing well is surprising but it's not even remotely in the same ballpark as Leicester.

Archived