Video Games: France not a WWI Nation

Werthead

54 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

You can check all that stuff under your Career Profile in game. Go to the Statistics tab and there's a dropdown menu where you can pick which hero to display stats for ('All Heroes' is default) and it'll show your win percentage with that hero. I found out I have an 80% winrate with Lucio. Clearly I need to play him more.

I find the Master Overwatch more interesting almost than the in-game statistics since it has nice coloured diagrams and stuff. :) At a glance it's easier to parse, or perhaps it's just that I prefer images to text. :P (Both D.Va and Zarya are pink as well, for some reason. At least in my statistics.)

Symmetra is weird. She is either amazing or total garbage, in my games. There seems to be no middle ground with her. Although to be fair, I haven't played her enough.

Inside the game. I know that the small sample size doesn't mean much, but I was just confused about the mathematical possibility of such small figures when I basically played them only a couple of times. I didn't factor in the swapping of heroes because I don't usually swap. Its curious that you get different percentages in game and in Master Overwatch. I have a rather sad 0% win rate as Winston there. 

I only have 3 hours with my top played heroes (15 hours total), so all my games are basically small sample sizes by your standards. My win rate is further muddied by playing with friends, who could probably manage to win just as well if they played 5 on 6. 

I can't say I've encountered any aimbotters, but that might just be me being dense or having very good luck. In all my hours across all the games I've played, I've only ever suspected a couple of people. Well, the obvious aimbotters would probably get banned very quickly. Its the discrete ones that toggles at key moments that are hard to catch. Its rather obvious if you are getting 100% hits. Its so good that its an ultimate for Soldier 76. 

Late to the party here for E3 chat, but I enjoyed the PS conference (only one I watched).  The two games that stood out to me were Days End and Detroit: Become Human.  I like Heavy Rain, for what it's worth. Detroit seems to be a similar concept. Days End is appealing, as well. I suppose this is to be a more non-linear version of The Last of Us? And with a Hells Angel? Perhaps it is nothing like TLoU, but I see post-apocolyptic world and can't help but remember that fantastic game. Actually, the more I type in this comment box, the more I question why I used TLoU as a reference? Hmm... Either or, cautiously optimistic for the both of them.

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

I guess I've been out of the loop, but I had no idea that the Stick of Truth had a sequel coming up.  :dunno: 

South Park The Fractured But Whole

It picks up the day after SoT and the boys have moved on from playing medieval fantasy to playing superheroes and splits the sides a la Civil War.  Cartman leads "Coon and Friends"  :lol: 

Stick of Truth was the best licensed game I've ever played and I will get this game on day one with no reservations.

I was glad to hear they were revamping the combat. I heard it'll be grid based. Hopefully there's more to it than last time. I really enjoyed Stick of Truth as an interactive episode of South Park but the combat was sooo boring.

10 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Late to the party here for E3 chat, but I enjoyed the PS conference (only one I watched).  The two games that stood out to me were Days End and Detroit: Become Human.  I like Heavy Rain, for what it's worth. Detroit seems to be a similar concept.

So they actually did use that demo from a few years ago as a basis for a game. I didn't think that would happen. 

Hope it's as good as Heavy Rain. I don't play it myself anymore, but I love making my friends play it for the first time and seeing what they decide. I've never gotten the same story twice.

20 hours ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Where are you checking it? Inside the game itself or via something like Master Overwatch? Generally, the statistics for characters you've played less than a few hours won't mean as much, or if you, as Fez said, swap out late and/or when you are about to win/lose. I have great win stats with soldier 76, but since I played a whopping 50min on that char in total, it's basically meaningless.

I've tried to practice more with Mei, but sometimes there are just too many counters (teams with junkrats, pharahs and snipers) so you basically res and get gibbed, res and get gibbed, rinse repeat. And then it's better to swap. I have stuck it out on quite a few occasions since I felt it doesn't matter much anyway, but if the game is close, I'll swap.

Tis annoying tho that even if you play a couple of close games, and you feel that regardless of win/loss it was still good and could have gone either way, you either get matched against a potato team which you ROFLstomp, or if you scraped a win, then you get the potato team next time. It's a bit sad. I wish the game would check not just win/loss, but also how long it took to win, for instance, cos a long hard fought game normally means fairly balanced teams, while a super stomp just means total mismatch.

Have you guys encountered any hackers/aimbotters? I've seem some junkrats before who in the killcams had their aim "snap" to target in an extremely suspicious way, not to mention they kept C4 jumping and one-shotting people above them with perfect aim (junkrat is great for spamming stuff below him, but above him?), but that was only once. Apart from that we haven't seen much dodgy stuff, but then yesterday we had a really, really weird Ghenji who seemed to have 100% headshot aim, he two-shot me on Zarya and kept "snapping" to targets. It may just be that this dude was super-amazing, but there is also a chance he had something assist him. I've been up against some absolutely amazing Ghenjis that just bounced around and ROFLstomped on everyone and everything, but this dude didn't have that sort of mobility at all that I've come to expect from the good Ghenjis, he just....headshot, 100% of the time.

I saw more hacking in the first week or so than I've seen recently, and it was almost entirely Hanzo.  The one I had zero doubt on was fight below me on Gibraltar, I was fighting on the walkway about the first checkpoint garage door, he was on the ground - he killed someone else, then his aim just snaps up and instant headshot on me as I ejected from my mech without him having any way to know I was directly above like that.  I was pretty sus of a junkrat yesterday as well though, he was leading grenade shots perfectly to hit me as I came around a corner when he couldn't see me, and I've seen videos of aimbots using slow projectiles in exactly that fashion.  Overall I think my #1 desired change at the moment would be to reduce the range on how far junkrat can throw his C4, I've got no problem with the strength of the explosion but it's meant to be a trap, not something he can throw as far as his blood grenades only with more damage and a controlled detonator. That might only be bothering me so much if theres more hacking going on than I realised though, they're just hiding it better.

Been trying to mix up my play a bit more as well, played some of S76 brawl, along with a game of junkrat and a few of Mei and a bunch as tracer.  Starting to get a better idea for when tracer is the better flanker than D.Va, as D.Va you want to grab attention getting past their line and drag them out of position chasing you, as tracer you want to actually get behind them and pick people off from the back etc, and stay alive longer being annoying.  Both situationally useful.

No France or Mother Russia, and no love for the country that helped start the war. Le Shame. Honestly, the DLC isn't surprising; it is EA after all.

Anyway, new God of War looks dope, still hyped for Dishonored 2, and I'll also be keepin' an eye on Detroit: Become Human. Horizon Zero Dawn also looks interesting, but I'm not sure what to think of it yet. And, of course, there's ME: A - which I really hope turns out well. All-in-all, if the hype is to be believed, I'll be broke within a year's time.

In Overwatch news, Lucio needs better skins.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

That might only be bothering me so much if theres more hacking going on than I realised though, they're just hiding it better.

Been trying to mix up my play a bit more as well, played some of S76 brawl, along with a game of junkrat and a few of Mei and a bunch as tracer.  Starting to get a better idea for when tracer is the better flanker than D.Va, as D.Va you want to grab attention getting past their line and drag them out of position chasing you, as tracer you want to actually get behind them and pick people off from the back etc, and stay alive longer being annoying.  Both situationally useful.

Yes, the junkrats I saw had absolutely perfect aim, straight forward and with target snapping. I sometimes suspect WMs and Hanzos as well, but mayeb they are just super awesome and that WM may just have stepped around a corner and got a fully charged scoped headshot at me at almost point blank range when I briefly popped out. Had me and a DVa out of her suite harrassing a WM out in the open (that alone...) and he kept getting scoped headshot at us from very short range, like just outside and even within Mei's ice blaster range.

I agree with Junkrat sometimes just being annoying and spammy. It's extra satisfying to pick Pharah and blow him out of the water. Of course, then they pick WM/Hanzo or a "surprise" Bastion and Torbjörn and you get shredded. My Pharah win rate has gone up a bit, but is still low cos I often pick her at the end of matches where we cannot dislodge some cheesy turret comp, or even worse lately, the Hanzo x 2, Ghenji x2 defense comp on the final point. Constant WAKKA FUCK YOU ultis in your face from the brothers bleh and competent Ghenjis just wreck the heals and backline as well.

Been thinking about using Tracer as you do, but am uncertain if I could be effective enough with my dodgy aim. Perhaps it's worth a try. Was thinking of Edgelordin' it and trying out Reaper to see if I can do some flanking on tanks, since I found I know how to counter DVa really well now when I played her lots. Spent some time on Zarya as well, and Reaper melts Zarya unless she has maximum charge.

Let me know how you get on with Tracer flanking. :) Perhaps you can give me a few handy tips on how to plink away at them.

47 minutes ago, Cz-99 said:

In Overwatch news, Lucio needs better skins.

What, no "Ribbit"? :)

1 hour ago, Lyanna Stark said:

Yes, the junkrats I saw had absolutely perfect aim, straight forward and with target snapping. I sometimes suspect WMs and Hanzos as well, but mayeb they are just super awesome and that WM may just have stepped around a corner and got a fully charged scoped headshot at me at almost point blank range when I briefly popped out. Had me and a DVa out of her suite harrassing a WM out in the open (that alone...) and he kept getting scoped headshot at us from very short range, like just outside and even within Mei's ice blaster range.

I agree with Junkrat sometimes just being annoying and spammy. It's extra satisfying to pick Pharah and blow him out of the water. Of course, then they pick WM/Hanzo or a "surprise" Bastion and Torbjörn and you get shredded. My Pharah win rate has gone up a bit, but is still low cos I often pick her at the end of matches where we cannot dislodge some cheesy turret comp, or even worse lately, the Hanzo x 2, Ghenji x2 defense comp on the final point. Constant WAKKA FUCK YOU ultis in your face from the brothers bleh and competent Ghenjis just wreck the heals and backline as well.

Been thinking about using Tracer as you do, but am uncertain if I could be effective enough with my dodgy aim. Perhaps it's worth a try. Was thinking of Edgelordin' it and trying out Reaper to see if I can do some flanking on tanks, since I found I know how to counter DVa really well now when I played her lots. Spent some time on Zarya as well, and Reaper melts Zarya unless she has maximum charge.

Let me know how you get on with Tracer flanking. :) Perhaps you can give me a few handy tips on how to plink away at them.

What, no "Ribbit"? :)

Ribbit's a'ight, but I don't think turning into a glow-frog is worth a thousand coins. I can't stand his classic skin (that hair is atrocious and makes no sense), but since we've no clue when they're releasing new skins - I've no idea if it's worth waiting.

Also hoping Doomfist gets released before Sombra.

@Lyanna Stark yeah, I tend to be pretty wary of accusing a widowmaker without something sus beyond good aim.  The way the hero is set up, it is possible to be that good.  Something like the Hanzo I described above would still convince me though.

As for tracer, my accuracy percentage is 30% and my KDA is awful but as a flanker like that I view disruption as the more important thing rather than kills and I think I'm getting decent at that. Big revelation was that her blinks are in the direction of movement, not forwards, so you can blink sideways while strafing.  Also you continue reloading while blinking so I try to remember to hit reload every single time I blink so I've got a full mag.  Her ult takes getting used to though, you've basically gotta place it onto a tank - I swear it kills me from 3x further away than I get kills with it.

I'm always hesitant to accuse people of cheating, but then I play on a console where it's much harder if it's even possible. That didn't stop people from accusing me of cheating in Battlefield from time to time. I tried to just take it as a compliment. I was just reading about this incredible Zarya player getting harrassed:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/top-zarya-player-forced-to-prove-shes-not-an-overwatch-cheat

some rivals eventually accusing her of hacking. One reportedly resorted to threatening to turn up at her house with a knife if she was found to be cheating. 

After winning the qualifiers for the Nexus Cup and defeating all of the Korean powerhouse teams, Gegury was reported to Blizzard Korea by the opposing team.

Blizzard have since come out in defense of Gegury, saying that she's been found to not be cheating. Two of the rival pros that accused her, ELTA and Strobe from Dizziness, have since retired, as they bet their Overwatch careers on Gegury being a cheat. Strobe is the one who thinks death threats are fine, according to this Reddit thread.

Had a real terrible night at Overwatch last night. I literally won only two matches. I'm not positive how many I lost, but it was at least a dozen, maybe more. I don't feel like my play was any noticeably worse than usual, but my teammates were just terrible (iconic moment of the night: a D.Va in mech sitting on a rooftop in Ilos trying to be a sniper) and/or completely uncoordinated (which is also on me). It was so frustrating I ended up stopping early. 

15 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm always hesitant to accuse people of cheating, but then I play on a console where it's much harder if it's even possible. That didn't stop people from accusing me of cheating in Battlefield from time to time. I tried to just take it as a compliment. I was just reading about this incredible Zarya player getting harrassed:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/top-zarya-player-forced-to-prove-shes-not-an-overwatch-cheat

"Bet their Overwatch careers"?!!?

What career?  The game has been out less than a month!!!

It was in closed beta for months before release, the e-sports scene has been developing since long before the game came out. These are people who were getting in on the ground floor. It's smart, the barrier for entry to the pro scene is much, much lower when a game is brand new. You can get in, make some money and then retire when the average skill level (of the pros) starts to increase and you can't keep up anymore. Still have to be really good to begin with of course. 

I also saw somewhere that last month Overwatch was the most played game in the South Korean gaming cafes. It was the first time in four years that League of Legends didn't have the top spot. Maybe it'll calm down a bit, but overtaking LoL even for a month when no other competitive game has been able to suggests that there's the potential for a pretty massive esports scene. Which means there's a lot of money to be made if you can get in on the ground floor.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Dope. I loved the first one, but getting to bring the LadyFire always adds a little bit of extra fun for me.

And I'm so tickled that your remembered lil' ole' me... :P

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Dope. I loved the first one, but getting to bring the LadyFire always adds a little bit of extra fun for me.

And I'm so tickled that your remembered lil' ole' me... :P

You ma'am are quite unforgettable.

RumHam - Even when I feel certain I don't say anything or even report them, it just helps deal with the frustration of someone pulling off bs repeatedly. I save reporting for abuse in chat, particularly homophobic like one douche asking why I'd make tracer look like a lesbian then another calling me a f***** when i answered because I am one. Fuck that shit, I'd like one game with a non toxic community to enjoy.

On 6/20/2016 at 10:26 AM, l2 0 5 5 said:

Late to the party here for E3 chat, but I enjoyed the PS conference (only one I watched).  The two games that stood out to me were Days End and Detroit: Become Human.  I like Heavy Rain, for what it's worth. Detroit seems to be a similar concept. Days End is appealing, as well. I suppose this is to be a more non-linear version of The Last of Us? And with a Hells Angel? Perhaps it is nothing like TLoU, but I see post-apocolyptic world and can't help but remember that fantastic game. Actually, the more I type in this comment box, the more I question why I used TLoU as a reference? Hmm... Either or, cautiously optimistic for the both of them.

I still need to see the entirety of the PS conference, but I did get to try Gravity Rush 2 when I went there. Looks gorgeous, and I like the new features they've added. Also, did anyone see that boss trailer for NieR: Automata? That game's been at the top of my list of most anticipated games since they announced it last year.

Curious, I'm aware that the McCree and Widowmaker nerfs have already happened for PC, but will we be seeing the same sort of nerfs for console?

Archived