Do you think George R.R. Martin logs in to the Westeros.org forums with a pseudonym and participates in discussions?

Free folk Daemon

Do you think George R.R. Martin logs in to the Westeros.org forums with a pseudonym and participates in discussions?

The idea of the great author putting his feet up after writing some more of TWoW and logging in, having a good chuckle at the crazy fan theories and smiling about those who have worked out some of the mysteries in ASOIAF does make me laugh

No, I doubt Martin logs in to Westeros.org. He is busy. Now, HBO on the other hand might have some interns scoping out the posts. Remember that Oxford interview where they seem to be chortling about the Jon warging into Ghost when Jon supposedly died.

I've heard that people close to his inner circle log in here or browse the posts. A few people have stated that someone has messaged them about a theory they posted saying they were right but they would never reveal names or for what theory it was as a matter of respect for GRRM and his works.

43 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

If Game of Thrones was never broadcast, would the freefolk even know of Martin?

A long time ago, in the previous century, I bought "A Game of Thrones", the first edition, solely because the author had been an accomplished writer even then. (The blurb, by the way, looked as if written by somebody high, stupid, or both, and not at all enticing).

But, yes, his popularity would be significantly smaller without the show.

21 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

No, I doubt Martin logs in to Westeros.org. He is busy. Now, HBO on the other hand might have some interns scoping out the posts. Remember that Oxford interview where they seem to be chortling about the Jon warging into Ghost when Jon supposedly died.

Yes. I like that interview. I think it was Weiss that let the warging thing slip. That was also the same interview where the D's accidentally admitted they hadn't read past the Red Wedding because they didn't know Sam was a POV character. The interview was done in early 2015. 

To the OP, I don't think George is here, but apparently his wife was here for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if a few close to him check in just to read the whack-a-doodle theories that are out there. 

49 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

That was also the same interview where the D's accidentally admitted they hadn't read past the Red Wedding because they didn't know Sam was a POV character. The interview was done in early 2015. 

Seriously? And doesn't Sam have a couple of chapters in ASOS before the red wedding ?

I think GRRM said in an interview that he used to browse forums (but not westeros.org, I think) a long time ago in the 90s, but stopped doing it.

Archived