Football: fixture congestion

Iskaral Pust

Well our game went pretty much the way I expected it to go. We are incapable of taking full advantage when sides above us drop points. This is why, despite being undefeated in the league since the loss to Chelsea, we have not moved from 6th place. Better get used to playing on Thursday nights.

It's games like this that make me cross with Paul Pogba. Like, I think he's good and gets a bit too much focus on his poor games ignoring his good ones, but when you see Herrera fighting like a beaver to make things work and Pogba just strolling about alongside, it's  infuriating.

No-one had a good game really, though. Zlatan had a dreadful game, Mikhi did nothing.

So FIFA think breaching contract when you are 18 is just as severe an offence as biting someone at a World Cup, when already having a history of that and racist abuse. A fine seems far more proportionate to the offence for Calhanoglu, especially as some compensation would benefit the aggrieved party, Trabzonspor.

Yes, but like I said, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Or at least I couldn't really think of one. 

Calhanoglu is first grade douchebag. I mean the way he forced his last move to Leverkusen that was a whole different level of douchebaggery. Payet's West Ham - Marseille saga was really child's play compared to that.

I am not really under any suspicion whatsoever to have any kind of love for the HSV, but there I kinda felt their pain.

They were battling relegation (unfortunately failing to drop). He signed a new contract. Season's over, he tries to force a move, claiming he only signed the new contract as favour to then director of football Kreuzer. So far so good. But he didn't just go on a strike back then. Oh no. He found a psychologist willing to write him medical certificate, that he is not able to show up at training camp, and he started to communicate with his club through lawyers. As soon as his transfer was confirmed he was on the training pitch for his new club straight away. I mean there are enough people out there (inside and outside of football) who are suffering from depressions and anxiety disorders. It's not some Mickey Mouse joke for some jackass to force a transfer. That Calhanoglu himself said something along the lines. "Now playing with #10 on my jersey, will make me mentally even stronger." That was really the icing on the cake.

That now another transfer he backed away from is biting him in the arse. I am not saying it's karma. But like I said, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Just now, Spockydog said:

Fucking outrageous decision to allow that goal. Alonso knocked him out with the elbow before making contact with the ball. Had the situation been reversed, would have been a definite penalty. 

The worst part is it's now Hazard v Gabriel on the right. Arsenal is fucked.

Agreed. I've seen lots of people arguing that Alonso didn't mean to hit Bellerin, but intent is irrelevant as to whether it is a foul or not. The lack of intent is what makes it not a red card and three match ban.

Archived