Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zelticgar

The dark underbelly of Facebook groups

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

I've been on a pretty long thread in the Reptilian Alien group arguing that I am capable of physically defeating a reptilian if I were ever to be in a 1:1 combat situation.

How much prep time does the reptile get? 

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing so fun as a lizard person conspiracy group, but I've been a member of a picky eaters' group for a while now. I'm not a picky eater at all, but it's not against their rules, lots of their members are there to figure out how to deal with a picky eater in their family, often a kid. Originally I joined out of morbid curiosity and I figured I'd just snicker to myself once in a while, but it's actually kind of sad. Lots of them are nice folks who are very much aware that they have a problem and would like to eat better, but just can't. I haven't left because it really is kind of illuminating, and I'm definitely more sympathetic as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

 One dude  who had such a problem with my face (claimed I was doing a duck face when it was just my natural lip shape LMAO..not duck face AT ALL) claimed he went through all my pictures that were public and he zoomed in on a few and said I was contorting my face (WHAT !?) and that his wife was a plastic surgeon and he knew I was a liar and that I was an emotional manipulator and I should apologise to him for causing him distress!!! 

What world is this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I go looking for odd or different groups, and the only two groups I'm in that aren't run by friends or family are a couple of Pern fan pages.  I mostly just hover in these, but if I'm feeling particularly saucy, I'll start extolling the lack of credibility or ability of Todd McCaffrey as a successor to his mother...drives some of the purists crazy...

I live on the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raja said:

What world is this...

"You did offend me when you tried to suggest I was being nasty for pointing out your duck face being inappropriate for a Pris costume. 
You jumped straight on the defensive when I called you out on your bullshit.
If you hadn't of tried to convince me that you can't help it and tried to make me feel guilty I wouldn't have bothered with you but that's why I checked your PUBLIC Facebook profile. 
My partner is a cosmetic surgeon who works in facial reconstruction, mostly burns and scarring, and I know that your duck face pout is fake, you're the one that lied about it not me. 
The 'duck face pout' is an insult and it's meant to be insulting because it looks really stupid, it's societies curse of the last 5 years I don't know where it came from or who invented it but they want stringing up. 
I'm not going to argue with you about this any longer, you lied and tried to make me feel guilty and you should apologise. 
Don't post photos photos of yourself if you can't handle criticism."

And he replied to other people on the thread saying stuff like this;

" The only woman in the world that defies the laws of human biology and has a permanent duck pout. I think she forgets that if you look at her profile that has photos of her for all to see you can clearly see that she doesn't constantly look like she's just smelt a particularly nasty fart. But she's not having it."

Dude was really gunning for me - you just can't make this stuff up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that show Game of Thrones? Well there's this forum that... :P 

Just kidding, this forum means the world to me and I'm a better person for having been a part of it.

 

I don't belong to facebook or any other groups really, though I watch a lot of YouTube videos. The flat-earthers really annoy me and there seems to be more of them all the time. I don't even go looking for flat earth conspiracy videos but I watch videos from Nasa or about astronomy and space exploration or something about a scientist like Galileo, studies involving Antarctica, weather phenomenons, or something seemingly innocuous as animal migration or time zones, I tell myself I shouldn't look in the comments but it's like I can feel them down there and I have to see. Sure enough there's always a few there.

The silly trolls are easy to spot, but with the serious ones, Poe's Law has the right of it, sometimes I feel I just have to assume they are all trolls, if not and they really believed the things they said they should be too stupid to function. Other times I feel some of them can't be faking their sincerity with such commitment.

I don't think what bothers me the most is that they actually believe the earth is flat. I think it's their insistence that they believe so because they have their eyes open and question everything. The stupid sheeple thing. It annoys me that people think that denying established truths and nothing else denotes wisdom. I'm all for questioning everything, but that's only the first step, the next steps include weighing empirical evidence and listening to explanations and trying to understand as much as you can. It is folly, not wisdom, to defy the establishment simply because they are the establishment, as much as it is to follow the establishment blindly.

Established knowledge is like Wikipedia, it's a good place to get a starting off point, a general idea of something you want to know about, you just can't take for absolute truths the specifics without expanding your own understanding from numerous other sources.

Being contrary, it can be a good thing for a thought experiment or argumentative practice, or to continually challenge commonly held beliefs to prove why they should remain commonly held.

But being contrary for contrary's sake, so much so that you refuse overwhelming evidence, so much that you lose objectivity beyond reason, it just irks me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

How much prep time does the reptile get? 

Presumably I'm defending and they are attacking. I've explained to them that if I am faced with an anal probing from a reptile alien, it will result in superhuman strength that could not be contained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

Presumably I'm defending and they are attacking. I've explained to them that if I am faced with an anal probing from a reptile alien, it will result in superhuman strength that could not be contained. 

I'm definitely gonna need a link to that conversation.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

I'm gonna need a link to that conversation.

Check out the REPTILIANS ALIENS DISCLOSURE group in Facebook. It is quite obvious what conversation I'm involved with. Here is a little sample: 

 

 

Poster: Noo. Stay away and if you ever see one get out of its space do not engage. You have no idea how aggressive they are. They don't want a 'relationship' with you. It will use you abuse you torture you and eat you.

Me: sounds hot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zelticgar said:

Check out the REPTILIANS ALIENS DISCLOSURE group in Facebook. It is quite obvious what conversation I'm involved with. Here is a little sample: 

 

 

Poster: Noo. Stay away and if you ever see one get out of its space do not engage. You have no idea how aggressive they are. They don't want a 'relationship' with you. It will use you abuse you torture you and eat you.

Me: sounds hot

Zeltigar, how in the world do you resist the urge to feed their paranoia? Me, I would be in there posing as a reptilian, taking names and preparing to kick asses. And anally probe then too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comment "you have no idea how aggressive they are" is pretty funny.  I mean, presumably they are aggressive, like other reptiles? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Zeltigar, how in the world do you resist the urge to feed their paranoia? Me, I would be in there posing as a reptilian, taking names and preparing to kick asses. And anally probe then too.

Join the group and take on that persona. I've taken on the character of the clueless newbie so if you want to go full on "dark lord" that would be awesome. I'll pretend to be freaked out.

I just threw up a new post: 

"Now that I'm in this group I'm starting to suspect that my mother-in-law might be Reptilian. What is the best way to tell? Feed her a mouse? lock her in a freezer? feed her frog legs to see how she reacts?" 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even...like...what?  Is this shit real?  I don't understand.  Do people actually believe this or is it just all satire? 

The scariest part is seeing that I know someone in the reptilian group.  I checked out one of their posts.  I have no idea if they are just trolling or if they really believe reptilians are sending messages via instagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I don't even...like...what?  Is this shit real?  I don't understand.  Do people actually believe this or is it just all satire? 

The scariest part is seeing that I know someone in the reptilian group.  I checked out one of their posts.  I have no idea if they are just trolling or if they really believe reptilians are sending messages via instagram.

They are all rejoicing because David Rockefeller died. Apparently he was a reptilian. If you really want to have fun join the flat earth dating group and post pictures of yourself with a globe in the background. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

They are all rejoicing because David Rockefeller died. Apparently he was a reptilian. If you really want to have fun join the flat earth dating group and post pictures of yourself with a globe in the background. 

I got out of all the crazy groups on FB because it got to be too scary. They were fun at first (especially the flat earthers) but after awhile you start to realize, "Holy sh**, these people are serious."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Inigima said:

Nothing so fun as a lizard person conspiracy group, but I've been a member of a picky eaters' group for a while now. I'm not a picky eater at all, but it's not against their rules, lots of their members are there to figure out how to deal with a picky eater in their family, often a kid. Originally I joined out of morbid curiosity and I figured I'd just snicker to myself once in a while, but it's actually kind of sad. Lots of them are nice folks who are very much aware that they have a problem and would like to eat better, but just can't. I haven't left because it really is kind of illuminating, and I'm definitely more sympathetic as a result.

Ini, If you happen to see a troll related commotion in the picky eaters group later this week I swear it has nothing to do with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched duck lipped cosplayers post selfies in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once was on a newsgroup called "illuminati" or something that was about the worldwide Jewish-Illuminati conspiracy. Fun times.

Got kicked out of it after a few months because at some point I showed I wasn't anti-semitic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2017 at 3:28 PM, zelticgar said:

So I've been spending some times with friends trolling facebook groups and I have found a lot of scary stuff. My most recent discovery is Reptilian Alien Discovery groups and Flat Earth Dating groups.

Does anyone else have experience with some of these eeerrr, unique groups? I'd love to hear about any wacky groups you are familiar with or even involved with. No judging but the deeper I dig into this world the more enjoyable it becomes. 

I'm actually more concerned about the woo woo sites like food babe and other medical snake oil salespeople, because they have a significantly more serious actual negative impact on peoples lives.

 

 

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched duck lipped cosplayers post selfies in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

 

Ha. Well played.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rippounet said:

I once was on a newsgroup called "illuminati" or something that was about the worldwide Jewish-Illuminati conspiracy. Fun times.

Got kicked out of it after a few months because at some point I showed I wasn't anti-semitic.

In the end pretty much every one of these crazy conspiracy theory groups turns out to be anti-Semitic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0