Jaime L

Westeros Experts League 2017

389 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Granted I spent a fair amount on Kelce, I just don't trust his health. I know it's hit or miss with injuries, and Kelce should get more targets with Maclin gone, but i think KC will be more run oriented coming out of the gate. Lots of buzz with Hunt and his handcuff is a somewhat proven back, and Hill gets more run plays as well. 

The Allen/Benjamin swap, in my eyes, just a WR1 exchange. Rivers has the slight edge with accuracy I think, but again I weighed the injury proneness of Allen. Call me crazy but I'm more interested in the production that can come from the relationship of the Panthers duo.

Now, Kittle. Didn't see that hammy being an issue, but I'm comfortable with my TE group. We'll see that turns out. 

Thanks for weighing in man. I tend to think WJ solidly won both sides of the deal but what's great it is it'll all come out in the wash. If you're right it'll bolster a potential playoff run and if wrong it'll increase the chances of a Jaxoming. 

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Would love to hear Shirley's take on this trade. 

I would too. Shirley's been out of the office as of late. Apparently there's a problem with a broken link out there that's taking people from W-C to here, when really it should deposit them in ESPN Public League #440522 that she's trying to fix. 

Edited by Jaime L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I would too. Shirley's been out of the office as of late. Apparently there's a problem with a broken link out there that's taking people from W-C to here, when really it should deposit them in ESPN Public League #440522 that she's trying to fix. 

 It's nice that you're covering for her, but I've heard otherwise. Word on the street is she's been an absolute mess since Tywin took her out for a nice seafood dinner then never called her back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to maybe trade OBJ for 2 good WR + a QB3.

Let me know if you're interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade between Bronn and I.

I get T.Y. Hilton and Ameer Abdullah

Bronn gets Amare Cooper and Agholor

I don't take a huge downgrade at WR once Luck returns and hopefully fixed my RB3 problem. Either Abdullah or Prosise should emerge as at the very least serviceable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WEFL media insider here with your I'll Get to it in A Minute update.

Bronn wrapped up a coup of a trade today by sending oft-injured Detroit RB Ameer Abdullah and WR T.Y. Hilton to JJ for Amari Cooper and a longshot sleeper Nelson Agholor.

I'm hearing that JJ thinks Hilton will benefit him greatly down the line, but with doubts swirling about whether Andrew Luck will ever attempt another pass, this seems like a lopsided exchange.

A source close to JJ told me that the enigmatic owner was under the impression that Bronn would use his connections at the Department of Energy to reopen the Yucka Mountain nuclear waste site sabotaged by senator Harry Reid (D) if he did not give in to the unreasonable demands. 

Edited by Pony Queen Jace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late post, but been one of those weeks

QB - P.Rivers, A.Luck (B.Bortles, J.McCown, P.Mahomes)
WR - B.Cooks,, D.Thomas, A.Jeffery, G.Tate (D.Moncrief, J.Matthews)
RB - L.McCoy, CJ Anderson, M.Lynch (T.Montgomery, F.Gore, C.Thompson, J.Conner)
TE - R.Gronkowski, C.Fleener (A.Seferian-Jenkins)
K - A.Vinatieri
DEF - NYG, ATL

Overall, I wasn't as disappointed as I was anticipated I was going to be after my first Experts draft.  I know I made a few mistakes, mainly spending more early than I initially planned on doing.  That left me the victim of being poached a few times in the latter half where I was hoping to get value...thanks Mya :angry2:

I tried to go for more value picks than a specific philosophy so I'm not sure how that will play out.  A lot rides on Luck's shoulder as my backup QB's do not inspire much confidence right now.

 

 

Edited by Dunknegg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word on the street is a conglomerate of Nigerian Princes are looking to get in contact with both Pyroclastic Flow and JJ Lannister for a very interesting investment opportunity. Updates as more details become available.

 

/Jaxomed LLC. Apparently they make handmade Baskett's out of all organic materials that retail for about $82.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being informed that both Amari Cooper and Nelson Agahlor had scored TD's in the first quarter of the early games, I'm told that JJ Lanister was overheard saying in hushed tones to an aide "It doesn't matter now, Project Monarch's funding is secure."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a mess of a week. This was the only team that got a win thanks to modest performances by Wentz, Nuk, Coleman, and Howard. Not terribly inspiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My week was horrendous.  I had 4 QBs and none scored above 10 points.  Dalton scored negative 3 points.  Of my two Westeros teams, my best QB by far was Jared Goff.  Hope this week was a fluke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. In Keepers I had Glennon riding the pine and he outscored Cousins, Palmer and Flacco. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 Power Rankings
1) Bronn:  9-0
2) Whiskeyjack:  8-1
3) Pyro:  7-2
4) POTN:  6-3
5) Mya:  5-4
6) JJ Lannister:  4-5
7) Dunknegg:  3-6
8) Week:  2-7
9) Jaime:  1-8
10) Mudguard:  0-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 9:01 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Word on the street is a conglomerate of Nigerian Princes are looking to get in contact with both Pyroclastic Flow and JJ Lannister for a very interesting investment opportunity. Updates as more details become available.

 

/Jaxomed LLC. Apparently they make handmade Baskett's out of all organic materials that retail for about $82.

I swear to all the gods, I better get my cut of all that incoming Baskett cash...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In league C today McBigsky was able to extort a starting high quality RB out of Manhole Eunichsbane in exchange for dreams and dirt, finally leveraging his misguided draft strategy of assembling 6 ten dollar QB's into a positive development.

Later, I'll have Mooch on to give his thoughts on the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

In league C today McBigsky was able to extort a starting high quality RB out of Manhole Eunichsbane in exchange for dreams and dirt, finally leveraging his misguided draft strategy of assembling 6 ten dollar QB's into a positive development.

Later, I'll have Mooch on to give his thoughts on the deal.

No one is ever going to mistake me for Sperry, but I'll be damned if Bradford didn't look like a top 10 QB Monday Night. Granted, the Saints defense is ass, but Minnesota seems to have improved on offense. Two really good edge receivers in Thielen and Diggs, a nice pass catching TE, and Darwin Cook appears to be the real deal. The O-line should only get better as the season progresses (barring injury of course). On top of that I get Snead who basically becomes my 3rd best receiver once he's off suspension. As far as losing Murray goes, I have Lynch on my bench, so I feel like I'm not really losing much outside of depth. And I thought Lynch was much more impressive than Murray was last week. So I improve at two spots (QB2 and WR3) and really stay the same at RB2 with the exception of some depth.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No one is ever going to mistake me for Sperry, but I'll be damned if Bradford didn't look like a top 10 QB Monday Night. Granted, the Saints defense is ass, but Minnesota seems to have improved on offense. Two really good edge receivers in Thielen and Diggs, a nice pass catching TE, and Darwin Cook appears to be the real deal. The O-line should only get better as the season progresses (barring injury of course). On top of that I get Snead who basically becomes my 3rd best receiver once he's off suspension. As far as losing Murray goes, I have Lynch on my bench, so I feel like I'm not really losing much outside of depth. And I thought Lynch was much more impressive than Murray was last week. So I improve at two spots (QB2 and WR3) and really stay the same at RB2 with the exception of some depth.

I also thought Kyle Rudolph seemed like Heath Miller dipped in grape Kool-Aid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I also thought Kyle Rudolph seemed like Heath Miller dipped in grape Kool-Aid.

I'm not sure how to take this exactly, but yeah, if Thielen and Diggs continue to be that effective, Rudolph is going to have a monster year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just meant another Heath in purple instead of gold and black.  Not flashy but solid and there a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will everyone please chill out. Way too much excitement and emotion in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now