World of Ice and Fire extract to be available

Can I turn attention to the contents?

The Rise of Valyria looks interesting...

The Stoneborn of Skagos! :commie:

The Year of the False Spring :eek:

The Doom of Valyria :commie:

Where did this link come from btw?

As you might notice, that Stark tree is incomplete and not in final form, and hasn't really gone through copy editing. I think this particular PDF is intended purely for the booksellers and not really for public consumption.

Don't take anything there as canon until it's actually published, in any case.

As you might notice, that Stark tree is incomplete and not in final form, and hasn't really gone through copy editing. I think this particular PDF is intended purely for the booksellers and not really for public consumption.

So this isn't the excerpt you teased a few days ago?

The Stoneborn of Skagos! :commie:

I'm surprised we are getting info on them to be honest.

Sad to see my theory for the Mormonts owning Longclaw being chucked out of the window. I really thought the Wandering Wolf and the Rodrik Stark who wrestled for bear island would turn out to be one and the same and that proto-mormont won the blade in combat back in Essos.

Ah, well you can't have it all.

Don't take anything there as canon until it's actually published, in any case.

*deflates loudly with whoopie cushion noise*

Oh well :p

So this isn't the excerpt you mentioned last week?

I assume it was Valyria, I mean dragons and such :P

But I don't see any topless towers.

Valyria's children is the colonies I assume? (or just Valyrians?) The Shivering Sea? How and why :o

Ran,

Sothoryos is going down further south then in the Lands of Ice and Fire, I guess there will be new information on this?

I hope to see a non-ruined city in Sothoryos :lol:

No. That's for Wednesday.

:eek: We're getting more? I'll reserve a place in the hospital then, because this wednesday I'm going to OD on this delightful new batch of content :D

I already thought it strange that the table of contents didn't have any page numbers :)

Will the final edition of the Stark family tree show the Starks all the way to the Conquest?

They also didn't have Dragonstone in the Table of Contents and they have all the other Great Castles so yeah it does seem like it's still going through some editing.

Interesting :

The shadow of 3 headed dragon over Westeros vs the shadow of 1 headed dragon over Essos.

Century of Blood = don't mess with Braavos, dragon rider or not

We shall meet Beron Stark in D&E No.4,right? Or rather attend the aftermath of his demise?

Starks - very secluded, Vale + southern house that practices old religion as marriage material

Ned's mother was a bit of a let down, Rickard's cousin once removed. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Also, what's up with the Latin? Not only can I not understand it at all, but it seems out of place in a world where a Rome never existed.

Otherwise, awesome stuff. :D

Omg. Valyria looks beautiful :O

Is that Valyria? I love GRRM for that along and it does look beautiful.

I want this book now!!!

I think that's actually the Vale. You can see a castle on a mountaintop close to a narrow valley. It looks like Visenya riding Vhagar to seize the Eyrie during the conquest.

Ned's mother revealed, noice

Holy hell lotsa good stuff in this, and this isn't even the one Ran was going to show us ;D

Anyone else notice that the North seems to go pretty far, farther than we've seen so far, and it also extends even farther east... Giving more credence to the landbridge theory.

Stark tree needs to be fixed. Like Eddard being older than Brandon.

It's not done in order of birth or age, check the bottom right

Otherwise the tree could expand very fast and be redundant at times.

Archived