World of Ice and Fire extract to be available

One of their castles.

And if it wasn't clear, my response earlier was a joke -- 95% of the material that is post-Conquest is, uh, not about anything pre-Conquest, naturally. Plenty of stuff to do with various realms and their wars and histories and so on prior to the Conquest. Particularly places like the Iron Islands, the Vale, Dorne, the Reach, the Riverlands, and yes, the North of course. I wouldn't hazard to say how much is pre-Conquest and how much is post-Conquest.

One of their castles.

And if it wasn't clear, my response earlier was a joke -- 95% of the material that is post-Conquest is, uh, not about anything pre-Conquest, naturally. Plenty of stuff to do with various realms and their wars and histories and so on prior to the Conquest. Particularly places like the Iron Islands, the Vale, Dorne, the Reach, the Riverlands, and yes, the North of course. I wouldn't hazard to say how much is pre-Conquest and how much is post-Conquest.

But would you say there isnt that much that is similar to that preview we got of the Giants page?

Jeez, I really want to know more about this Sothoryos.

A little, tiny queston for Ran;

Since you didn't mention Ulthos in there, I guess we will never know who built that city on Ulos.

Other than that I think we didn't get new information on Asshai, Jogos Nhai etc. in the app because more will be revealed in the worldbook?

One of their castles.

Hehe. Ok, I admit, I missed the joke in your earlier post. I took it quite literally, as meaning that all of the topics you mentioned from Pre-Conquest would form part of the 5%, while 95% would be from post-Conquest times.

I now have a hop, skip and a jump in my step.

Clearly the older histories cover much more than 5% of the book, then, even if you can't give it an exact number.

That's good enough for me. Thanks Ran.

Yes, the world book has details on the far off eastern places that are only touched on in the app. Asshai and the Jhogos Nhai, the Patrimony of Hyrkoon and its inheritors, Yi Ti and Leng, the Summer Isles, etc.

I case you haven't heard, thanks to the app, we now also know the wife of Aenys I. She was Alyssa Velaryons.

The sample text of the World Book has told us that the mother of Aegon I, Valaena Velaryon, had a Targaryen mother.

That's all the new info on the Velaryons, IIRC :)

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the information, it is always good too know something new! :D

I'd be surprised in Hull turned out to be a castle, since then the whole 'Addam and Alyn of Hull' thing would make them 'Addam and Alyn of a castle', and that, in turn, should make their parentage much clearer than, say, if their home was a town rather than a castle. If they were raised in a castle, the Velaryon who supposedly fathered them (Laenor, most likely) most likely would not have been to obscure the fact that he was their father. Or rather, it would have been much more evident that they were not his sons, if that's the case, if their mother was living at a Velaryon castle rather than in a town on Driftmark.

Addam and Alyn apparently only step into the spotlight when Jace puts forth his call for dragonseeds, and any rumors about the Velaryon heritage of the boys existing before that event would have appeared much more credible after Addam of Hull claimed Laenor's dragon Seasmoke.

But I digress.

So far we are aware of High Tide (confirmed by Ran as one of the Velaryons' castles), Hull (town), and Spicetown (town). AFAIK, Driftmark is only the name of the island.

Separately, do we have any indication of where in the crownlands Sweetport Sound (House Sunglass) is located?

None.

My guess would be that Sweetport Sound is a stronghold or town in Dragonstone, since Lord Guncer Sunglass is at the island when Stannis burns the sept, his man Ser Triston is also there to see him burn and to hel Davos smuggle Edric away, and the three Sunglass ships are captured by Stannis instead of being taken away to Volantis by Lord Guncer's brother.

ETA: Another thing I've just thought of: Given that House Sunglass' banner is made of seven-pointed stars, it doesn't seem that its origins are in Dragonstone. Since the house is not mentioned in TPatQ, there's some grounds to assume that it was installed afterwards.

Ran mentioning several Velaryon castles could also indicated that House Velaryon held castles outside of Driftmark at some point in its history. The Velaryons are very powerful during the Dance, and before that, and this could easily mean that they had holdings on other islands in the Narrow Sea and/or the mainland of Westeros at some point.

Ran mentioning several Velaryon castles could also indicated that House Velaryon held castles outside of Driftmark at some point in its history. The Velaryons are very powerful during the Dance, and before that, and this could easily mean that they had holdings on other islands in the Narrow Sea and/or the mainland of Westeros at some point.

That would make sense taking into account that their title is Lord of The Tides!

Archived