Football 58 - When Welshmen Attack!

polishgenius

My early impressions that Fernandinho isn't very good are being changed not one jot by this game. Every time Swansea get the ball there's a gaping hole in behind him and Toure for them to put the ball into, and without Kompany to close the door they're getting exposed. City are winning, but if this keeps up, Swansea will score.

I've been watching City -Swansea, and it's boring. I fell asleep..

City are struggling with their lines - normally they can hold a higher line w the defense, but with Demichelis being slower than just about anyone with one functioning leg, they need to hold a low line. Toure and Fernandinho hold a too high line - and Swansea (Shelvey in particular) are exploiting the gap.

Apart from that, how about those results today! Now, all we need is to beat United midweek and then Arsenal at the weekend. Walk in the park..

I'm not liking these free-kick goals today.

Mind you, both Gerrard and Negredo are good shots, and their shots are well placed. But if you as a keeper should bother with a wall, trust that wall! A keeper trusting his wall would have saved - and might even have held - both Liverpool's equaliser and City's first goal.

Sure, if you wait until the shots go, more shots are going in behind the wall. But there's a smaller opening there - a lot easier to hit the opening where the wall isn't.

That's all.

watching hull v pool right now.

they were making mention in the commentary regarding hull's chairman wanting to change the name of the team. he apparently criticized a vocal supporter's element who have a campaign 'city till we die.' to this he said...

they can die as soon as they want. it is this sort of marginalization of fans, sanitizing and money grabbing that i fear will one day come to america and the mls.

"Someday"? They are trying already.

Shed a tear for those poor, poor advertisers and their money.

Archived