The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

So next Sunday opens with a shot of Michonne through the peep hole holding Carls other boot :D

I liked this episode. I liked this comic issue also. Riggs did a good job - the part where he's in the teenage room and remembers for a second about video games and then has to take the cord to tie the door down was awesome. He's definitely had a growth spurt.

Yeah, that was a good part, Rigg did a good job of showing the joy and remembering what games, and stuff was. From the second he walked in there he displayed to me a teen who was at awe, and wished that it could be his room, without being jealous.

I'll admit, I was little sad about Headsel. It was a shock to me. I thought at once as soon as her sword went through, that she would have to put her boot on his... well head, and pull the sword out. So glad that the writers thought of that, and instead had her put her hand on his hand to pull it out. Seemed so respectful to me in that odd sort of way.

And the wait is finally over :)

And they had to start with Hershel's zombie head!!!! Seriously?

The look Carlminator gave Rick O_O wow,that kid is cold. He did kind of pick the shittiest moment to hit the puberty :lol:

Those Michone's zombies look really fresh,I guess they are part of the attack team. And we have some of the questions answered about Mich. She did have a baby.

I'm sure that Carlpuke was due to seeing maggots in zombie head and not due to shock/fear/etc

The speech...wow...the way to get it all off of your chest,Carl...BTW great job saving all those bullets.

Aaaaand Mich decided to CLEAR too.

And now for real...ahem...ahem.

I guess they addressed some issues that were brewing for a while. Mich's should I stay or should I go,Rick's and Carl's relationship,Carl's ruthlessness or lack of it.

All in all very enjoyable episode. I did miss the rest of the gang but I think they wanted to give them all enough screen time.

Yeah, pretty decent episode, the emotional stuff didn't feel as contrived and cheesy as they usually do on this show. Also, I'm glad to see that the kid playing Carl is developing into a competent actor at long last; he has been a hate object of mine since the start, but now I'm starting to almost like him.

Yeah, pretty decent episode, the emotional stuff didn't feel as contrived and cheesy as they usually do on this show. Also, I'm glad to see that the kid playing Carl is developing into a competent actor at long last; he has been a hate object of mine since the start, but now I'm starting to almost like him.

I think you were being too hard on him; it's very hard for a child actor to be great, and when they are, it's almost always in movies where they work with only one director, rather than in TV where the director changes every week.

I think you were being too hard on him; it's very hard for a child actor to be great, and when they are, it's almost always in movies where they work with only one director, rather than in TV where the director changes every week.

I don't know. HBO doesn't seem to have a problem finding competent child actors for television roles. GoT, Boardwalk Empire and The Wire comes to mind.

Riggs did a fantastic job. I re-watched this morning and he and Danai did an amazing job. The teenage issues of wanting to be independent; directing anger at Rick because he thought Rick had failed and also that he was leaving him. I thought it was great. Best part was Rick acknowledging Carl's adulthood.

Now I'm ready to see Glenn, the girls and Daryl. Bring it on next Sunday!

Most of the children on the shows you mentioned are older than the actor playing Carl was at the start of the show.

Fair enough. Still not an excuse though, they should have aged him up if they couldn't find a good actor playing him at that age. No one likes kids anyway.

BTW, how the hell did Michonne get separated from Rick in the first place? He was right there when she stabbed the Governor.

I am crossing my fingers that Michonne is more of a vulnerable character now. I love seeing the human side to her. Seriously, Danai :bowdown: the flashback scene , the scene with joe jr and the last scene with her watching Rick and Carl and gathering her composure was awesome. After watching it a second time, I love this episode.

And I'm grateful they included the shot of dead Gov. Now we know for sure it's over.

I know this is a no comics spoiler thread but since the episode is almost exactly like the issue both made me hold my breath for a second when Rick was sounding like a zombie. I knew it was coming yet I still took the bait and for a second thought omg!

I'm hopeful that this season will bring it back to season 1 quality.

Edit: I guess I should say I'm hopeful this half of the season will redeem some of the other mishaps.

another horrible episode. tWD keeps on proving why it's the best hatewatch on right now :)

Or, you can just stop watching. No one is forcing you.

For me, it was a a solid episode. Much more character driven than I was expecting first episode after the break.

I liked the episode but I also found myself a little bored during the Carl/Rick parts. That's not saying they were bad scenes, I guess my conundrum is this: the show has moved so far away from the comics that it was disconcerting to see it veer back. The Carl and Rick scenes were almost exact replicas of the comic scenes, so I knew what was going to happen. It took away from what has become my favorite reason for watching TWD, which is that I don't know what's going to happen. I think of the show as a

I'm looking forward to the next episode, though, to see what's happening with everyone else.

another horrible episode. tWD keeps on proving why it's the best hatewatch on right now :)

Thanks for sharing. The thread is stronger because of such quality, in depth analysis.

It's fascinating how different people's opinions of things can be and this show seems to be one of the best examples of the phenomenon. We've got the whole range here!

Personally, I liked it and thought it was one of the better episodes of the series. But then again, I've liked Carl for longer than some have. It had also been long enough since I've read this part of the comics that I didn't immediately know what was going to happen. Although, even so, they've deviated on enough things that even if I had recognized things, I still would have been unsure if they weren't going to change something else.

There was some great character development for Carl and Michonne, enough action to keep things moving along and exciting, the Governor was confirmed dead, and Rick was unconscious for most of it!

Archived