The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

I liked it.

My question is - Will Rick ever be a badass again? Cause the Old Mcdonald routine and being the guy that gets beat up like a pansy is getting old fast.

He is really a character who has followed the opposite route to the expected "normal guy to great leader" path. Here you have a guy who started out as the man that everyone turned to for leadership, and changed into a self doubting weakling who takes forever to make decisions only to change his mind once the decision has been made.

Not to mention not being able to generate respect among his followers anymore.

I hope his period of weakness is now over and that he gets his shit together again.

and being the guy that gets beat up like a pansy is getting old fast.

Rick's hand was still bandaged from some previous injury during that fight with the Gov. So, not too surprising the Gov kicked his ass, given that Rick wasn't able to fight back effectively. And, while I don't remember exactly how he hurt his hand, such that it needed bandaging, it may well have been from when he tried to punch it through Tyreese's face. Pansy? Really?

Not to mention that Rick had just been shot in the leg, too. All told he put up a pretty decent fight.

I really liked that episode, though like many I preferred the Michonne bits. They did a really good of humanising her more this season compared to the last and long may it continue (so long as she carries on lopping off heads with such casual ease too).

There was only one thing that bugged me - that house that Rick and Carl stayed in. They are about a year into the zombie outbreak, the place has probably been deserted for a long time (a fair bit of food still on the shelves), but other than some light ransacking it was spotless. Where was the dust? A small complaint for sure, but even so ...

Or, you can just stop watching. No one is forcing you.

Of course not silly. tWD is bad but it's still entertaining;) It's very difficult to find a good hatewatch you know (though if they ever kill of Carl - which they'll probably never do :frown5: - I'll stop watching. Perhaps there is hope, after all they killed Lori).

Thanks for sharing. The thread is stronger because of such quality, in depth analysis.

:cheers: I'm glad you enjoyed my PoV :cool4: :p

I really liked the episode.

It was especially nice since I binge watched the whole season leading up to the episode(hadn't yet seen any of this season).

I'm really enjoying season 4 and I like the direction they took by splitting up the group. It should allow them to do more focused episodes.

I will say though, out of all the characters that were offed this season, Hershel's was the only one I really cared about and even his death didn't upset me as much as the death of the poor little pigs. That scene was horrifying to me.

It really is a phenomenon how many people piss and moan they are going to stop watching this show, only to be back next week crying about the same shit. I can't think of any other show that has this effect on people.

You're right. But humans have a desire for community, and mutual hatred of a show is a good way as any to achieve that online.

It really is a phenomenon how many people piss and moan they are going to stop watching this show, only to be back next week crying about the same shit. I can't think of any other show that has this effect on people.

It is the hipster effect,,, 16 million people watch each week. 15 million of them are hipsters that think of themselves as cool by finding ways to run down the show that they obviously like because they keep watching the Mother Fucker. This wasn't one of my favorite episodes either, but hopefully I can come up with something more creative than to just say the show sucks.

There were two story lines in the show this week. One for Carl and one for Michone, and I didn't think either was told without large flaws. I thought the story line for Carl was written well enough, but the actor just wasn't skilled enough to carry the story yet. I see really good signs of his development, but my personal opinion is that he just isn't ready for roles as the leading man yet.

My issue with Michone's story line was the dream sequence. It just seemed to be a way to info dump and there was no real tension in the scene as we knew it wasn't real. I also thought that it robbed the character of interpersonal connection with others by telling her story.

Having said that, the show is still technically fantastic and I absolutely love watching it.

My last bit... If you are thinking of posting here about the comics... Don't

I don't care if the show is word for word like the comics, or incredibly different from the comics, or similar in some respects... Don't talk about the comics in this thread. There is a thread to do this. It is the Walking Dead with comic spoiler thread. There is already discussion here about new characters and how people can't wait to see them. Please stop talking about the comics.

I actually thought the Michone/ dream sequence was a commercial until I started to listen ... I was like "oh shit, Michone os doing a commercial for Bounty or something"... granted, I am not very bright...

Also, I agree that it's time for bad ass Rick to come back... the E-I-E-I-O thing when he was trying to keep carl from becoming a sociopath was acceptable, but there ain't no crops no more.

My last bit... If you are thinking of posting here about the comics... Don't

I don't care if the show is word for word like the comics, or incredibly different from the comics, or similar in some respects... Don't talk about the comics in this thread. There is a thread to do this. It is the Walking Dead with comic spoiler thread. There is already discussion here about new characters and how people can't wait to see them. Please stop talking about the comics.

Did I miss something? Did a bunch of posts get deleted when I wasn't paying attention? Because I haven't seen anybody doing that.

I actually thought the Michone/ dream sequence was a commercial until I started to listen ... I was like "oh shit, Michone os doing a commercial for Bounty or something"... granted, I am not very bright...

Also, I agree that it's time for bad ass Rick to come back... the E-I-E-I-O thing when he was trying to keep carl from becoming a sociopath was acceptable, but there ain't no crops no more.

Well count me in, it wasnt until she unwrapped the sword and it became all "Hell Raiser-ish" that I realized it was a dream.

Confirming something is like in the comic is spoiling the comic. There's just no other way around it. :dunno:

It may seem nitpicky and tedious but it is what it is.

That is a very good way of describing it. Never considered it spoiled the comic (just that it might spoil the show) and I would hate to spoil the comic for anyone that hasn't read them. Hopefully more people will read the comic. It's awesome :)

That is a very good way of describing it. Never considered it spoiled the comic (just that it might spoil the show) and I would hate to spoil the comic for anyone that hasn't read them. Hopefully more people will read the comic. It's awesome :)

Going tomorrow to pick up first copy :)

Archived