Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

After being severely disappointed with The Dark Knight Rises, I hope this is a return to form by Nolan. His two films that are my favourite by far are Memento and The Prestige, so I hope Interstellar is more in line with the quality of those two than his others.

I wasn't particularly excited by the trailer, nor much more interested than I was before, but I'm glad Nolan had the sense to not include every single 'cool' scene. Hopefully this means we'll be getting a lot of awesome, unexpected moments we don't know about.

Really? That's very good news then :)

It's a very good role for Matthew, the girls won't have that much to do. Very profound themes and ideas, potential for some amazing CGI. I think it's gonna be good.

For a second I thought Mads Mikkelsen was in it. Damn you for getting my hopes up! *shakes fist*

:lol: I saw the words "Mads Mikkelson" in your post before I knew what you were saying and for a second I thought he was in it... Damn you for getting my hopes up!

• 2 weeks later...

I get that we don't get too much of a look at the actual interstellar bits in the preview, but that seems very much by design. It's a feature not a bug, y'all.

But how do you know that those scenes aren't the entire movie and the space stuff starts in Interstellar II: Return of the Interstellar?

But how do you know that those scenes aren't the entire movie and the space stuff starts in Interstellar II: Return of the Interstellar?

Because, except for Batman, a pre-existing franchise, Nolan doesn't do sequels?

Nolan hasn't done enough non-Batman films to be able to make that a definitive statement, surely?

Well, not definitive, particularly not his early films. But it is a trend, and Inception made a ton of money as an original idea; under nearly all circumstances it would've gotten a sequel.

Going into Godzilla, I had no idea that there was going to be a new Interstellar trailer, but I was psyched as soon as I saw the SYNCOPY logo. I like Nolan. He's not perfect, but no director is, and in my opinion his non-Batman films -- The Dark Knight aside -- have been his best. I think this has potential to be some seriously awesome shit, and I fucking LOVE that they're not showing from the latter half of the movie, which is purported to be pretty batshit (no pun intended) crazy and some awesome hard sci-fi.

Plus, the cast. McConaughey alone would be enough for me, but it also has Jessica Chastain, Anne Hathaway, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, and John Lithgow. Awesome cast.

He's wearing the same clothes throughout the trailer?

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Because, except for Batman, a pre-existing franchise, Nolan doesn't do sequels?

This is very different from his previous movies. I actually wouldn't mind if this was spread out.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

I wasn't. The movie doesn't take place over a single day so the fact that he was wearing the same clothes (from what I remember anyway) suggests that the scenes shown all happen around the same time, thus allowing the assumption that it's probably the lead up to the actual movie.

At first I didn't care for the trailer; it seemed boring, to put it bluntly. It lacked the "wow" factor of an Inception trailer. However, after watching it again I am more intrigued by what was not shown. Gravity was a real surprise visually for me, and I think this was because I went in to the film with only the premise in mind and not much else. It seems Interstellar is doing this in it's trailer but it's also kind of putting up larger, more philosophical questions. I am definitely intrigued and looking forward to seeing this movie.

• 1 month later...

By the way, if anyone wants to watch the third trailer for Interstellar,

1. just go here- http://www.interstellarmovie.com/index-intl.php

2. type in the code 7201969 (date of moon landing)

It's actually a really good trailer. We get our first look at other planets! And, once again, that Saturn shot is astonishing.

EDIT: Might not work on mobiles.

Archived