Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

If she had "Atom" level shrinking powers, I'd be more impressed. She's a smaller target but she has less "oomph" unless she maintains her mass (which she should but comic growth change usually ignores that). Do the comics ever address why she doesn't grow like Gi/ANT-man can? She's more mobile but it takes her longer to cover any distance.

All I know is what Wikipedia says, but apparently she can grow to giant size if necessary, and she doesn't lack oomph when shrunk and can cover distance faster than any normal human. I'd expect she could have taken out Chitauri Leviathans by finding internal weakspots, which would have made her significantly more effective than Black Widow and Hawkeye in New York.

Love Momoa, but isn't he a little "bulky?" I thought AM was more svelte.

Or maybe Momoa just bulked up for Drogo and Conan?

I guess a large chest helps with swimming - human style anyhow. I guess being streamlined makes sense. And not hairy - imagine the drag on that hairstyle

Is it possible that he was in early discussions for the Aquaman role when he passed on Guardians of the Galaxies?

I thought at the time it was a bit strange that he passed on it - and he gave the excuse of not wanting to be type-cast. Really? Pass on one of the biggest movie franchises of all time because you don't want to be type-cast?

But it makes far more sense if he was in talks with DC at the time. For all of Aquaman's baggage, he's definitely a bigger name character. And Marvel's penny-pinching is legendary. It's likely he would have been offered significantly more for Aquaman - they would have been keen to secure some-one from the hottest TV show right now and who could make a more bad-ass Aquaman.

But perhaps the time-frames just don't match up.

The t-shirt he's holding up makes all the difference.

"That's not Superman! Superman never holds up a black t-shirt! Or wears a trenchcoat! He wears a cape!"

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Footage was shown at the SDCC panel...

"It was short but got right down to the heart of the matter. Set at night, in pouring rain, it begins on a rooftop with Ben Affleck’s Batman - in souped-up armour much like he wields in Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, including glowing eyes - pulling a tarpaulin off the Batsignal. It shines into the sky, and then - illuminated against the clouds, flecked with lightning, standing inside the symbol, is Henry Cavill’s Superman. And he does not look happy, his eyes glowing red with burgeoning heat vision ray. The camera tracks in on Batman’s face as he grimaces… and cut to black. No dialogue at this point, so there’s no idea of what Affleck sounds like as Batman, or indeed a wider sense of the story, but the message is clear: Clark and Bruce are going to face off, and Bruce has enhanced his Batsuit to compensate for the most powerful man alive."

Archived