Small Questions v 10023

Stubby

“A certain Lysene pirate once told me that a good smuggler stays out of sight,” Davos replied carefully. “Black sails, muffled oars, and a crew that knows how to hold their tongues.”

The Lyseni [sallador] laughed. “A crew with no tongues is even better. Big strong mutes who cannot read or write.”

Does anybody other than Euron have this kind of crew? Can this quote tell us something about Euron? Dusky Woman is said to be taken from a slaver bound to Lys. Any ideas?

A ship's crew, not that I know of. Varys' little birds - but as pointed out, they read and write.

The Dusky Woman may not be all she seems. There are theories that she is Euron glamoured to be the Dusky Woman, so he can keep tabs on Victarion and foil Victatrion's plan to win Dany for himself. Euron hauled in red priests and mages on his return from places east.

A ship's crew, not that I know of. Varys' little birds - but as pointed out, they read and write.

The Dusky Woman may not be all she seems. There are theories that she is Euron glamoured to be the Dusky Woman, so he can keep tabs on Victarion and foil Victatrion's plan to win Dany for himself. Euron hauled in red priests and mages on his return from places east.

Yeah, but no, I don't think so. I mean, Euron f*cking with his brother to spy on him is just too much, even for Martin. She is most probably Euron's spy, though. Or she could be one of Varys' little birds, who escaped / survived/ was let live, and works for him or whoever.

Yeah, but no, I don't think so. I mean, Euron f*cking with his brother to spy on him is just too much, even for Martin. She is most probably Euron's spy, though. Or she could be one of Varys' little birds, who escaped / survived/ was let live, and works for him or whoever.

The FM wear faces and that is the most succesful change of appearance. If Dusky Woman is Euron, then he has to wear a bajingo too.

However, I feel like I remember some folk tales in the series where wizards transform people to animals or something like that. If he warlocks transformed Euron into the Dusky Woman, it is worth a shot.

"Ser Eustace’s lands supported three small villages, none more than a handful of hovels, sheepfolds, and pigs. The largest boasted a thatched one-room sept with crude pictures of the Seven scratched upon the walls in charcoal." - The Sworn Sword

"Catelyn found herself wondering if the village had a name...Within the walls were cracked and crooked...Here Catelyn found only rough charcoal drawings." - A Clash of Kings, Catelyn praying before the battle between Stannis and Renly

Could anyone with a better grasp of where things are tell me if these two places could be the same village?

"Ser Eustace’s lands supported three small villages, none more than a handful of hovels, sheepfolds, and pigs. The largest boasted a thatched one-room sept with crude pictures of the Seven scratched upon the walls in charcoal." - The Sworn Sword

"Catelyn found herself wondering if the village had a name...Within the walls were cracked and crooked...Here Catelyn found only rough charcoal drawings." - A Clash of Kings, Catelyn praying before the battle between Stannis and Renly

Could anyone with a better grasp of where things are tell me if these two places could be the same village?

Ser Eustace´s lands are located in the Reach. When Catelyn arrives at the site of the parley, she can see Storm´s End in the distance.

So the two villages are not the same

Edit: quotes:

Catelyn when visiting the site where Stannis and Renly will discuss their war

Across rain-sodden flelds and stony ridges, she could see the great castle of Storm’s End rearing up against the sky, its back to the unseen sea. Beneath that mass of pale grey stone, the encircling army of Lord Stannis Baratheon looked as small and insignificant as mice with banners.

And Ser Eustace's lands located in the Reach since:

...for in those days the chequy lion always flew beside the green hand when the King of the Reach went forth to battle.

"Yet it happened that while King Gyles was away, the King of the Rock saw his chance to tear a bit out of the Reach, so he gathered up a host of westermen and came down upon us. The Osgreys were the Marshalls of the Northmarch, so it fell to the Little Lion to meet them.

"..."

...In the end, bleeding from a dozen grievous wounds with his own blade broken in his hand, he threw himself headlong at his foe. King LAncel cut him near in half, the singers say, but as he died the Little Lion found the gap in the king's armor beneath his arm, and plunged his dagger home. When their king died, the westermen turned back, and the Reach was saved."

The FM wear faces and that is the most succesful change of appearance. If Dusky Woman is Euron, then he has to wear a bajingo too.

However, I feel like I remember some folk tales in the series where wizards transform people to animals or something like that. If he warlocks transformed Euron into the Dusky Woman, it is worth a shot.

The George used to write for the Twilight Zone. Anything is possible.

What is the story with the Daynes?

In the book it says Edric has almost purple eyes and very blond hair?? Are they related to the Targareons/Blackfyres and if they are, why arent they on IT?

They're not. They are First Men originally, from Dorne. While they share common traits with the Valyrians, we have no proof they have any Valyrian blood.

You can find several SSMs where people asked GRRM that, and in one of my favorites it went something like:

Random Fan: Are Daynes related to Targs? They have purple eyes!

GRRM: Liz Taylor has purple eyes. Is she related to the Targaryens?

They're not. They are First Men originally, from Dorne. While they share common traits with the Valyrians, we have no proof they have any Valyrian blood.

You can find several SSMs where people asked GRRM that, and in one of my favorites it went something like:

Random Fan: Are Daynes related to Targs? They have purple eyes!

GRRM: Liz Taylor has purple eyes. Is she related to the Targaryens?

Purple is also George's favorite color. :)

How does BR know Bran is a green seer ?

I am weary to believe what others have pointed out, nonetheless they may be right there:

The direwolves were planted on the way home of the Stark party in AGoT 1 Bran I. Jon says they are a sign from the Gods (to me that means from Martin, but in-story there are different gods).

To some, Bloodraven is synonymous with the old gods, so he would have led both soon-to-be mommy direwolf (Eddard in 22 Arya II: "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Summer is the time ...") and the stag to meet and clash on a spot on their path.

The direwolves have a network of their own, and I am personally convinced, the nsa Brynden taps into that, controlling Ghost, Summer and Shaggydog at times.

ETA: so he might see what Summer is looking at (or it may be the ravens).

Through the wolf-child-connection he sends the crow-dreams.

I am weary to believe what others have pointed out, nonetheless they may be right there:

The direwolves were planted on the way home of the Stark party in AGoT 1 Bran I. Jon says they are a sign from the Gods (to me that means from Martin, but in-story there are different gods).

To some, Bloodraven is synonymous with the old gods, so he would have led both soon-to-be mommy direwolf (Eddard in 22 Arya II: "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Summer is the time ...") and the stag to meet and clash on a spot on their path.

The direwolves have a network of their own, and I am personally convinced, the nsa Brynden taps into that, controlling Ghost, Summer and Shaggydog at times.

ETA: so he might see what Summer is looking at (or it may be the ravens).

Through the wolf-child-connection he sends the crow-dreams.

App Spoiler:

According to the app, Bloodraven watches the Realm through the eyes of the birds and trees.

Is anywhere written how Tommen and Mycella react on Bob's dead? Or how they get along while he was still alive?

For what it's worth, when they encounter Arya when she's chasing cats:

"What were you doing to that cat, boy?” Myrcella asked again, sternly. To her brother she said, “He’s a ragged boy, isn't he? Look at him.” She giggled. “A ragged dirty smelly boy,” Tommen agreed.

AGoT, Arya III

I guess you could see hints of a fairly good relationship between them here...

Archived