Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Please guys, Show Stannis is a fanatic; even if Dillane is a hell of an actor, he can't do anything to fit book Stannis.

Just look episode 3.10: Instead of listening Davos as he did in the books, he's saved by Mel, while Stannis had already sentenced him to die.

Stan the Man and Ingelheim. Even if they've made Melisandre change his mind rather than Davos that hardly makes him a fanatic. Unlike the Brotherhood without Banners whose show incarnations constantly rail about their religious motives, Stannis's motives are the same as in the book. He will spend some quality time with Davos next season, talking at least once in Dragonstone as seen in this trailer and then going with him to the Iron Bank. That will be enough time to reiterate the importance of their friendship and for Stannis to be convinced by his old friend and not Melisandre that his duties are more important than his rights.

Another interesting note is that in show canon Stannis has only slept with Melisandre once while in book canon he has done so many times (to make the second "baby" and also Mel's remark of her bed seeing "little use"). Obviously you guys are complaining more about how he acts towards her and not whether or not he actually makes love to her, but still, I think that is worth pointing out.

I heard they changed the purple eye part because it was too distracting.

Same reason why the Kingsguard isn't in all white, it just didn't look right through the camera.

Sounds logical enough, though I do wish they could have worked in the purple Targ eyes.

is it just me or do her eyes look relatively purple in season 1?

I've just had a bad feeling. What if Tyrion doesn't kill Shae but she escapes with him? Because of how the show has built her character and relationship with Tyrion up I can't see how they can show her suddenly change sides and shun him. Maybe if they had started showing her become more distant with him since he married Sansa they could've used that as an excuse but at the moment it looks like it's going to be a sudden change of heart from her.

I've just had a bad feeling. What if Tyrion doesn't kill Shae but she escapes with him? Because of how the show has built her character and relationship with Tyrion up I can't see how they can show her suddenly change sides and shun him. Maybe if they had started showing her become more distant with him since he married Sansa they could've used that as an excuse but at the moment it looks like it's going to be a sudden change of heart from her.

Ugh, I don't even want to imagine that possibility. The thought of her becoming Penny makes me sick. Shae is probably my least favourite character in the series. But it looks so far as though she'll still die as normal.

I'I can't see how they can show her suddenly change sides and shun him.

Relax, they have a whole season to accomplish this. We have already had several moments of strife between Tyrion and Shae. It will be different than in the books, but we have no reason to think at this time the end result will be substantively different.

sometimes I think book readers just want to complain.

There is ZERO ZERO evidence of Shae not being killed by Tyrion, but so many people are up in arms about it already.

. Remember when this forum went all nuts because they thought Oberon was going to be cut and Bronn would fight the duel with the Mountain ?

Personally, I think they've built up the relationship on the show so that it's all the more devastating when she turns on him at the trial.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the King's Landing stuff last year was filler because the characters had nothing to do while waiting an entire season for the purple wedding. I wouldn't look too deeply into Shae's supposed "love" for Tyrion. It was drama added because Tyrion and Shae needed something to do.

There is ZERO ZERO evidence of Shae not being killed by Tyrion, but so many people are up in arms about it already.

In the S3E7 commentary from the DVD, George R. R. Martin and Michelle MacLaren specifically talk about how, having made Shae a more sympathetic character and having made her relationship with Tyrion closer, they've had to work harder in S3 and S4 to bring it back to the position where what happens next makes sense.

Shae's death is definitely happening.

Yep. The whole point is that Tyrion is abandoned by everyone. Him going to the lowest darkest point in his life is what drives his story. The spitball theory that Shae won't die makes zero sense.

I think people aren't so much worried about her not dying than Tyrion not killing her. I believe he will, though they'll probably keep on whitewashing him regardless.

In the S3E7 commentary from the DVD, George R. R. Martin and Michelle MacLaren specifically talk about how, having made Shae a more sympathetic character and having made her relationship with Tyrion closer, they've had to work harder in S3 and S4 to bring it back to the position where what happens next makes sense.

Shae's death is definitely happening.

It is and I think it will only make her betrayal more disgusting as it is never clear in the books whether Shae likes Tyrion even a tiny bit or not while she seems to at least have some genuine feelings in the show.

It is and I think it will only make her betrayal more disgusting as it is never clear in the books whether Shae likes Tyrion even a tiny bit or not while she seems to at least have some genuine feelings in the show.

First off all, her 'betrayal' in the books isn't disgusting, and it is frankly inevitable. Shae is just a paid employee of Tyrion. When Tyrion is accused of regicide and she is threatened, there really is no reason for her to be 'loyal' to Tyrion. We the readers see it as a betrayal because we see it through Tyrion's eyes and that is how he sees it. While that is understandable from his perspective, it is a flawed viewpoint from a deeply flawed character. There's some additional spite added on top of that (the "My Giant of Lannister" stuff is particularly painful) but I've always felt Shae was desperately throwing in with Cersei out of fear for herself, more out of any dislike of Tyrion.

Tyrion isn't stupid, he even questions what he is doing himself on multiple occasions with Shae, but he just can't help himself in falling in love with the whore he's paying, even though he knows on some fundamental level that the 'love' she gives him in return is a product of her employment, not genuine.

In the show, it is quite clear that Shae has a closer connection to Tyrion and genuinely does love him. Tyrion in the show is more handsome and more likeable so that's more plausible than it would have been in the books. In the show, unlike the books, it will truly be a betrayal.. For the betrayal in the show not to be disgusting, it will need to be carefully set up. Shae must believe she has been betrayed by Tyrion (and the viewer should view her feelings as credible). She is clearly a proud woman with a temper, when she feels Tyrion has betrayed her, that will be the impetus for her to betray him. If done right it will feel genuine, and tragic. And when Tyrion murders her, we will understand why he does it, even as we deplore his actions and our opinion of Tyrion is changed. I am really curious to see how they do it and I hope they pull it off.

Archived