Fashion - Fire and Blood Edition

karaddin

Unlined wool pants... ugh! I inadvertently bought two pairs from Ann Taylor. Wool makes me itch. Not owning a pant slip (but I do have regular slips, which are actually from my teenage years when my mother insisted I have them (black, white and nude in two lengths) I usually wear *gasp* pantyhose under the wool pants to keep them from itching.

Lol, then draw a picture or at the very least tell us why it's not working!

Errm, it's like a really messy pixie cut, and I dyed it black with pink highlights. I thought it looked great when I was in the chair, but now I'm not so sure.

So I've narrowed it down to

This one, which comes to about mid-calf length on me and is the only one of the three I'd wear with heels, I think it looks best on me but I'm worried it's a bit overly dressy though

This one with black knee high boots, I've gained a bit of weight since I bought it but I just checked and it still fits and is a really great fabric and cut for disguising extra lumpy bits, super short though, upper thigh

or This one, with the boots shown. It's the best length of all three but I like it on me least and again I've gained a bit since that (dodgy) photo and I think the fabric in that one shows it better than the other two. I do love those boots though.

I vote for the black/green dress. It is the perfect colors for Mardi Gras. If you are worried about it being too dressy, bring a black blazer or cardigan to put on over it to dress it down if needed.

URRRGGGHHH! I look too much like a kid. I can't even take myself seriously. :(

I can't believe I'm putting up an internet picture, either. But I figure since karaddin and brook and Theda did it, I feel comfortable enough to submit to you guys' judgement.

So what's the verdict? Please be honest.

URRRGGGHHH! I look too much like a kid. I can't even take myself seriously. :(

I can't believe I'm putting up an internet picture, either. But I figure since karaddin and brook and Theda did it, I feel comfortable enough to submit to you guys' judgement.

So what's the verdict? Please be honest.

First, there's something wonky with your link. I got there by going to http://s513.photobucket.com/user/jaceamace/media/jace_zps619f8ac7.jpg.html

I like it. I'll agree that the goofy picture is a little distracting, but that's the face & pose, not the hair.

First, there's something wonky with your link. I got there by going to http://s513.photobucket.com/user/jaceamace/media/jace_zps619f8ac7.jpg.html

I like it. I'll agree that the goofy picture is a little distracting, but that's the face & pose, not the hair.

I was trying to blow a kiss, I was sending the pic to my mom. Terrible picture, I know.

I like the hair.

hmm I'd all but decided on the yellow but you guys are swaying me to the green. It is really pretty and I almost never get the chance to wear it. I might have to try wearing my heels out for a the next could of days and see if I can get used to them again.

I'm curious, what am I missing that makes green especially mardi gras appropriate?

I'm curious, what am I missing that makes green especially mardi gras appropriate?

I think with New Orleans at least the colors are green, purple and gold. And the green in the dress looks to be Mardi Gras green.

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/mgcolors.html

(Plus green is my favorite color so I'm always going to vote for it given the chance!)

ahh ok, that makes sense :-) The Sydney mardi gras are our big lgbti event so I usually just go for as colourful as possible (which means the green still works).

Green is my favourite colour too, I don't wear it enough.

ETA apparently this years theme is kaleidoscope which makes the tights I'm wearing for parade night extra appropriate http://blackmilkclothing.com/products/mermaid-jellybean-leggings

The hair looks good Jace, the colours came out really nice.

I have only bought one pair of pants with my new look, but if expensive NZ or Australian merino came unlined I'd assume it was because the wool is fine enough you don't need it. I have already got a slip though, I've got a burned velvet maxi dress from black milk which is sheer in parts and needs the slip. That is in fact what I will be wearing on Friday night accompanying whatever brook goes with!

I like the hair.

Thanks.

Looks fine to me. Like Eefa said the picture itself isn't great -- angle, expression -- but I wouldn't sweat the haircut.

Sorry, it's a selfie for my mom in the back of a car. I wasn't aware that I was shooting for vanity fair. :P

Thanks.

The hair looks great.

I vote yes to the haircut too. You're being too hard on yourself. :)

The hair looks good Jace, the colours came out really nice.

Thanks everyone. I took a Benzo, and I'm feeling much better about it.

Archived