What did you learn today?

Littlefingers In The Air

The word "Paranthopology" refers to anthropology of the paranormal.

There's even a journal for it.

Established in 2010, “Paranthropology: Journal of Anthropological Approaches to the Paranormal" is a free on-line journal devoted to the promotion of social-scientific approaches to the study of paranormal experiences, beliefs and phenomena in all of their varied guises. The journal aims to foster an interdisciplinary dialogue on issues of the paranormal, so as to move beyond the sceptic vs. advocate impasse which has settled over the current debate, and to open new avenues for enquiry and understanding.

Paranthropology holds no standard position on these issues and all views expressed are those of the each particular author. Paranthropology is devoted to an open-minded and exploratory perspective on a wide range of experiences, beliefs and phenomena often called paranormal, supernatural or anomalous.

I attended the Ann Arbor Art Fair today, and I learned that I would really love to be so wealthy that I could be a patron of a couple of the artists there. Got to know a few whom I really wanted to do something for.

I learned 2 things: 1) Clothes sizes have been adjusted since the 1980's. Today's size 12 is more like a size 10 from then. 2) I am actually a "protected veteran" and I never knew this since I don't have any disabilities (on an application I filled out today it asked this question and one of the things that can earn you this is having a "National Defense Service Medal" which I have (and didn't even realize I have it--so I guess that is 3 things I learned today :P )

I learned that I'm going to be principal on a relatively large contract for my company. I've been freaking out (and not entirely in a good way) all day.

I learned 2 things: 1) Clothes sizes have been adjusted since the 1980's. Today's size 12 is more like a size 10 from then.

Vanity sizing has crept into all kinds of clothes, it's not exclusively a designer thing anymore.

ctrl+; in Microsoft Excel inserts today's date into the selected cell. Win!

Ctrl+/Ctrl - on a webpage effects font size. My current foster kitty taught me this as she found this particular magical combo when laying on my keyboard and screwing shit up. Damn, she's cute.

Archived